Social situation you fear the most (Reworked)

Select one social situation that you fear the most (Reworked)

• Talking to an authority figure (boss, teacher...)

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Being with the opposite sex

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Crowded places (shopping centers)

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Being with a group of strangers

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Meeting a date's parents

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Asking for a date

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • Interviews

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Saying something stupid

• Parties

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Giving a speech

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • New places/New job/New school

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Expressing your feelings (Saying I love you)

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Sex/Nudity

• Being with a group of friends

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Being the center of attention

Votes: 35 16.4%

• Total voters

Dj SL

Hi there;

Select one social situation that triggers you more anxiety.
The social situation you fear the most.

Sergio

LazyHermitCrab

Walking to work and seeing masses of people walk around and knowing hours of this anxious feeling are ahead and wondering if something out of the ordinary will occur.... fun

DevC

Asking someone out on a date is something that is just completly impossible for me to do ::(:

*Amy*

I voted for "asking for a date" because I guess that's a thing I would never ever dare to do. But I could also vote for "talking to authority figures", "being with the opposite sex" or "parties". Well, at least, I can say I have survived in the latest three::p:

DevC

I voted for "asking for a date" because I guess that's a thing I would never ever dare to do. But I could also vote for "talking to authority figures", "being with the opposite sex" or "parties". Well, at least, I can say I have survived in the latest three::p:

Same, I could vote for all, because they all bring varying degrees of anxiety, but they are something I can somewhat handle/pull thru, but the date thing is something that I cant handle.

The Lost

For me being centre of attention. Most of those situtions I avoid because of the attention. Being with the opposite sex is a close second though. Hard to vote for just one.

Last edited:

Moa

For me it's meeting new people. So I chose "parties" on the list because that's usually what makes parties so awful. I've never been to a party where I already knew everyone there.

Edit: I guess I could have also chosen "being with a group of strangers" because that's pretty much the same thing. Oops!

Last edited:

razzle dazzle rose

It was hard picking just one. I was gonna choose "interviews" but went with "saying something stupid" 'cause that encompasses everything for me. I have a problem asking for help/asking questions. And a lot of times I do need help, have questions...I just don't want to bother people or be thought of as stupid. This has an isolating effect. I am slowly trying to reach out. Giving myself permission to not know everything, to be weak even. I am not perfect and that is okay.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Well that was hard to answer, I voted "being the center of attention" but it could have been giving a speech, sex/nudity or expressing your feelings, as well as having my phone ringing at work. But I think being the center of attention is the worst because it's the harder to escape.

anxiety1408

Asking a date is something like OMG I don't think I can do, and that was going to be my choice. then further down I read giving a speech, and the anxiety that produces is simply deadly.

Dj SL

I know that all these situations triggers yall anxiety (fear), and yall want to choose 3 or more but It has to be one that you fear more. A social situation you really fear that is above all others. So yall can think which one of these situations is the worse for yall.

For me giving a speech was the worse but I gave around 8 speeches this semester in school. As a result, it's not my worse social situation anymore. It's difficult for me expressing my feelings to my family and friends. That's why I chose expressing my feelings.

this_portrait

Asking for a date, hands down. I don't think anything else on that list tops the amount of anxiety I get from asking a guy I like out, or even trying to talk to a guy I like in general. It's quite possibly the most anxiety-provoking situation ever for me.

This was kind of hard, because I've never actually experienced some of these (like parties, asking for a date, meeting a date's parents, etc.). In fact, for most of the "passive" things (being with the opposite sex, crowded places, group of strangers) I survive with little anxiety because I just literally disengage myself from the situation and it's like I'm not even there (also with my last sex/nudity experience as well). The "active" ones (like talking to an authority figure and giving a speech) I get through because I can have a "script" of sorts (easiest with the speech, of course). I don't have a group of friends and try not to ever draw attention to myself (good or bad), and I avoid new anything like the plague. I voted expressing my feelings- because I feel like not only am I not able to express them, I barely have any emotions to express, like I'm underdeveloped or something in that respect.

DeadmanWalking

It's a close (and I mean close) tie between "asking for a date" and "expressing your feelings", but the latter wins out. I could never tell anyone that I love/like them! I don't even tell my parents that williingly; I'm coerced, more or less, into doing it (yes, it's kinda sad, but I show love, I don't speak love)! I could never tell some female that I'm just getting to know that I have those kinds of feelings for them (which is one of the many reasons I've never been in a relationship::p:)! Although, in general, doing anything where there are females involved makes my anxiety levels skyrocket.