so i burned a salad last night

Section_31

So, last night the house was full of smoke.

I was trying to impress the lady by having dinner all done up when she got home.......except i cant cook to save my life. I can microwave quite easily and am a master there ;). But thats as far as it goes.

So, in all seriousness, i had NO idea you arent supposed to cook salads.

Lots of smoke, lots of laughing, she thought it was sweet, i was embarrassed but got past it.

So, note to any other kitchenly impaired people....dont cook salads.

That is all.

P.S

Dont judge me :p

Agent_Violet

*snort* pfft

that's freaking hilarious...sorry for laughing...can't help it.

I can give you an EASY recipe to cook for your lady if you want to impress her. takes next to no skill but tastes delicious

Tiercel

You're now in the same club as my mother.

After years of my making wisecracks about it, she burned spaghetti.

MaliceInWickedland

I'm not gonna lie - I spent the last five minutes laughing myself to tears at this. My mom did the same exact thing once and recalling that glorious day of laughter made it that much funnier to me. I mean, I'm no Wolfgang Puck either but cooking a salad?! That's like putting an egg in the microwave! LMFAO I'm so sorry for rubbing it in xD
Hahahaha awww~ that's very sweet of you though Gunman. I'm sure you made your wife very happy through lots of laughter
:D

Last edited:

MrJones

I'm not the best in the kitchen, but putting a salad in the oven is too much for me :p

Anyway I'm sure what she valuates is the nice detail and the fact that you made her laugh :)

Section_31

I'm not gonna lie - I spent the last five minutes laughing myself to tears at this. My mom did the same exact thing once and recalling that glorious day of laughter made it that much funnier to me. I mean, I'm no Wolfgang Puck either but cooking a salad?! That's like putting an egg in the microwave! LMFAO I'm so sorry for rubbing it in xD
Hahahaha awww~ that's very sweet of you though Gunman. I'm sure you made your wife very happy through lots of laughter
:D

oh yes, she wasnt shy at all about what she thought of the situation. She laughed for a good ten minutes so hard she couldnt talk during.

And funny you mention the egg in the microwave, i did THAT too a few months back, i was trying to make breakfast on the fly, and i got really sad cause i was trying really hard, LOL.

Lessons learned ;)

Oh god I have a 3 hour class in about a half hour... I have to somehow forget this topic exists, or I'll break out laughing and embarrass myself in class. Wouldn't be the first time.

That's funny stuff. Definitely something I'd probably do, though.

DeadmanWalking

Well, it's the thought that counts, so you're good. Although, now you've got a funny story when you get older::p:! Now, admit it, that is pretty darn hilarious:D! Maybe you can try again on a later date, just make sure you practice beforehand!

But, I can't talk since I suck at cooking too::eek::, although my mother is trying to remedy that. She keeps telling me that girls like a guy who can cook:rolleyes:. Well, we can suck at cooking together!

Section_31

Apparently girls like a guy who at least puts in the effort, even if he fails in every sense.

Didnt expect that, lol.

back to square one, ill try to re-master nuking alfaghetti tonight and see how THAT one works out ;)