Shy Metalheads??? Am I the only one?

Rawz

Saw Machine Head being discussed last page. The Blackening is my favorite album of theirs, at least currently.

I'm lazy right now so I haven't read much of anything that has been posted so far, just checked out what bands have been posted. Quite a few that I haven't heard of, but there is so much stuff that it just overwhelms me hah. I can't handle much at one time.

Here is some stuff I love, that I haven't seen posted, so I thought I would post 'em.

Revocation - Cradle Robber

Gorod - Thirst For Power

Anata - Complete Demise

Cormorant - Scavengers Feast

I wanted to post Blood on The Cornfields, but that wasn't on Youtube. I got this album off of bandcamp when it was free. One of the best things I have gotten for free. It's awesome.

Lykathea Aflame - On The Way Home

That's it for now.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Gorod and Anata are great bands! I'm looking into getting the new Gorod one when it's out, too, even though the cover art isn't so flash. Anata have basically fallen off the face of the planet because The Conductor's Departure was their last one and that was nearly 6 years ago. ::(: "Complete Demise" is a great track, but "Better Grieved Than Fooled" is a beast!

Never been a massive fan of Lykathea Aflame but I like what they did and I can see their appeal.

Rawz

Yeah, it's disappointing, I'm wondering if they are ever going to release another album (Anata).

I'm excited for the new Gorod coming out.

Although I really like what I've posted so far, as far as a favorite metal band, Megadeth would be it for me.

The only way I keep up with new metal releases is by checking a thread on another forum daily. Recently someone mentioned Psycroptic, so I decided to check out their latest album, The Inherited Repression, and am liking it.

MikeyC

Anata's new album is meant to already be recorded but they've obviously run into some problems releasing it. I heard a new Gorod song and that's going to be good, I reckon.

I don't mind Megadeth but I don't have a lot of their stuff. Rust In Peace is great, though.

I bought The Inherited Repression about a week ago and I like that one, too. Maybe even better than Ob(Servant), but we'll see.

Rawz

I don't mind Megadeth but I don't have a lot of their stuff. Rust In Peace is great, though.

Peace Sells... is also great, although Rust In Peace is definitely my favorite. I don't like Killing Is My Business... a whole lot overall, but the title track, Chosen Ones, and Mechanix are great songs. Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia are both really good too and worth having. So Far, So Good... doesn't seem to be liked much, but there is at least Hook In Mouth.

Gorguts is releasing a new album this year. I'm definitely checking it out when it's released. I'm hoping it's more like their earlier stuff and not so much like Obscura. Maybe I haven't given Obscura a good chance (I've only listened to it a few times), but I don't care much for it yet.

MikeyC

Gorguts is releasing a new album this year. I'm definitely checking it out when it's released. I'm hoping it's more like their earlier stuff and not so much like Obscura. Maybe I haven't given Obscura a good chance (I've only listened to it a few times), but I don't care much for it yet.
Yes, I heard of that. With Longstreth behind the kit, it could be really awesome. Obscura is a funny album, mainly due to the vocals. It's been 14 years since that album so I can't imagine it'll be anything like that. I am looking forward to hearing it.

MikeyC

I've been listening to A Perfect Absolution. I am really liking it.:)
I have their other albums and I'll certainly pick this up. Is it even out yet?

First one I want, though, is Cannibal Corpse's Torture. I will hopefully pick that one up on the weekend.

Rawz

I've never listened to Sodom. Should I check out some of their albums? Any one you would recommend?

I really like Kreator. Well, mainly their first 3-4 albums. I haven't listened much to others. I remember not liking the change in vocals.

MikeyC

I've never listened to Sodom. Should I check out some of their albums? Any one you would recommend?
I'll try not to say all of them :):p:) and recommend Agent Orange, Tapping The Vein, Persecution Mania, Get What You Deserve, and M-16 first up, but it doesn't really matter where you begin because they're all pretty cool.

I really like Kreator. Well, mainly their first 3-4 albums. I haven't listened much to others. I remember not liking the change in vocals.
I don't know what the change is that you're talking about. I only have Pleasure To Kill and Coma Of Souls at the moment. Any others of theirs I should check out?

Rawz

I don't know what the change is that you're talking about.

I think it started on Renewal and then stayed. I haven't listened to every album after Renewal so I'm not sure if vocals are the same on them all though.

Any others of theirs I should check out?

You should check out Endless Pain and Terrible Certainty. Terrible Certainty might be my favorite.

Last edited: