Shy Metalheads??? Am I the only one?

lonely_drummer

Hey everyone! Just seeing if there are any fellow metalheads out there. I don't classify myself strictly as a metalhead, I am me who happens to enjoy random metal bands along with liking almost every other genre. So post your favourite metal band or song. Im gonna start with one of my all time favourite post metal bands from Sweden, Cult of Luna

Cult of Luna - Finland (Live at Scala, London) - YouTube

MikeyC

I don't have Lamb Of God's debut but I have their others. They're bringing out a new album soon, actually, so I'll have to look into that.

lonely_drummer

Yeah, thats exciting. I can't wait to see them again, one of the best shows I've been to in a long time. I don't know, after hearing them live, the albums just don't cut it lol. But i still find myself playing them, really loud too haha

MikeyC

I saw them live when they opened for Metallica and they were alright. I don't listen to the albums much anymore myself, as I prefer Chimaira as a metalcore band, but still they're fun.

What other metal bands do you enjoy?

lonely_drummer

I saw them live when they opened for Metallica and they were alright. I don't listen to the albums much anymore myself, as I prefer Chimaira as a metalcore band, but still they're fun.

What other metal bands do you enjoy?

One of my all time favorites is a psychedelic metal bands is Kylesa. I think I just have a thing for bands with two drummers.

I never got into LoG until I saw them live but I only listen on occasion. Callisto is an interesting post metal band from Finland. It's great, 2010 I went to Germany for Wacken Open Air. It was one of the greatest things in my life! Another great band I like is mastodon

MikeyC

I've heard of Callisto but I don't remember what they sound like.

Also, The Lost, nice choice with Insomnium. Reminds me I should pick up that album some time.

lonely_drummer

Oh my god, I think, Mikey, is gonna go crazy in this thread. WATCH OUT!!

Hehehe, then go crazy Mikey! Lol

I've heard of Callisto but I don't remember what they sound like.

Also, The Lost, nice choice with Insomnium. Reminds me I should pick up that album some time.

Callisto is an interesting band. They have three albums and they're very different from each other. The first isn't bad, more on the heavy side, 2nd one is my favorite, really spacey yet heavy and the third I don't care so much for.

upndwn

Some great songs there. I really like Mastodon. here's a few more songs on my playlist. This time more in the folk/viking/power metal genre.

Finntroll - En Maktig Har - YouTube

This song always gets me in a good mood. Even my non-metal friends like this song at parties.

Turisas - To Holmgard and Beyond - YouTube

A great live band with catchy songs.

Kamelot - March of Mephisto (Uncensored Version) - YouTube

My favorite live band. Seen them five times. To bad Roy Khan has left the band.

Manowar - Hail and Kill - YouTube

Friggin' Manowar. Nuff said.

AMORPHIS - Alone - YouTube

lonely_drummer

Yeah, Ephel Duath! That's easily their best album. Jazz and metal expertly connected.

great band. I discovered them a while back and just can't get enough.

Ooooo and good call on the Kamelot, I saw them 2 years ago, such a great show!! And yes, MANOWAR!!!!!!!!