Science or Religion.

panicsurvivor

My recent debate with a member of this forum, got me to thinking. How many of you are for science, and how many religion? I have noticed that when I talk to scientists about religion, they are very arrogant, and have little room in their minds for expansion. If they can't prove it, or touch it, or analyze it, it doesn't exist. Where as talking to religious people about science is an exercise in futility. They are always selecting facts that they like, and discounting the ones that they don't. But anyway, without any arguing, or insults, or negativity. I would like to hear which category you fall into.

And no one say both. If you are a religious person who also is in to science.....YOU MUST CHOOSE!!!! LOL:eek:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Sorry, but it's not an absolute thing. So I can't side Science or Religion.

I can side for lemur Prosimian domination. And matriarchy.

Science is a method for solving problems and answering questions, while being religious means you've come to one of many conclusions involving the supernatural or unprovable... If you wanted to ask if people are religious or atheist, you should have just done that.

panicsurvivor

Science is a method for solving problems and answering questions, while being religious means you've come to one of many conclusions involving the supernatural or unprovable... If you wanted to ask if people are religious or atheist, you should have just done that.

Well I am sorry that my question doesn't meet your approval.:rolleyes:
However I didn't want to find out If people were atheists or religious. Some people look to science to give them there answers, and go about their lives with the Idea that everything has a logical explanation. Others have faith, and believe that everything happens for a reason, god or whatever higher power has a plan, and all things flow from them. So I asked Science or Religion.
As misguided as that was.:rolleyes:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Well I am sorry that my question doesn't meet your approval.:rolleyes:
However I didn't want to find out If people were atheists or religious. Some people look to science to give them there answers, and go about their lives with the Idea that everything has a logical explanation. Others have faith, and believe that everything happens for a reason, god or whatever higher power has a plan, and all things flow from them. So I asked Science or Religion.
As misguided as that was.:rolleyes:

Maybe you need to find God to guide you *hands bible* Sorry I couldn't resist...

I think there's a difference in the question, and saying which you lean towards more is better. Many men of "science" aka scientists believe in God or have faith, so what Pyro said isn't 100%, as panic says.

ridicule

I was just going to say that, this is a false equivalence. There is no school in science that competes with other schools for "devotees". It's simply a method of understanding the world, and there is no rigid ideology. But I do see where you're coming from, you should phrase the question as, are you a naturalist or spiritualist. Naturalist believe that if something cannot be demonstrated or tested in any way, it doesn't exist. Spiritualists believe that there are things outside of our world that exist, but not specific to what it is (god, souls, ghosts, etc.)

28419_1368340361092_1009178282_30947727_1877223_n.jpg

26832_1270958886616_1009178282_30728166_8037533_n.jpg

panicsurvivor

Maybe you need to find God to guide you *hands bible* Sorry I couldn't resist...

I think there's a difference in the question, and saying which you lean towards more is better. Many men of "science" aka scientists believe in God or have faith, so what Pyro said isn't 100%, as panic says.

LOL.:D:D I need that bible. :D:D

vexatiousmind

Science is more interesting to me.

But if I could only have one in my life, it would be religion. Well faith actually.

Thelema

Its a false dichotomy.

Most scientists are religious.

Moving to off topic

Last edited:

upndwn

Science absolutely. I abhor religion and all that it stand for, (but I have nothing against people with faith, it's just religion as an organized force I despise). I am sort of spiritual, but it has little to do with faith and more to do with exploring the boundaries of the mind and the unconscious.

coyote

i pick neither (you didn't say i couldn't do that)

i don't think either one has all the answers

more importantly, i don't think there ARE answers to everything

the problem with having faith in science to be able to provide understanding of everything is that it can become just as rigid and dogmatic as any religious faith

panicsurvivor

i pick neither (you didn't say i couldn't do that)

i don't think either one has all the answers

more importantly, i don't think there ARE answers to everything

the problem with having faith in science to be able to provide understanding of everything is that it can become just as rigid and dogmatic as any religious faith

Very true. I was more wondering which you preferred. Like in your day to day life, are you a science person or a religious person. It's funny how a lot of people really didn't want to answer this. Like if they picked one, it somehow meant they couldn't have the other.

I pick religion. I am a budhist (even though I can't spell it). Maybe it is easier for me, because Buddhism embrace's science. And we don't completely rule out a creator. But there it is. I am the first one to chose religion. I am ready for the scientific assault now. LOL. ;);)