Science or Religion.

^ you have such a long name, need_to_get_out_more!

Well, I think what you meant to say is that science is only related to physics so metaphysics is out of its definition. That would be true by definition.

Though this is not to be mistaken for a proof. This only clarifies why phenomena that go beyond science province is considered of higher rank as a proof; what bends down the laws of physics belongs to a higher power who originally made them thus science doesn't apply to. Hence the prophets were given miracles to support their messages. Also science should not be mistaken for human reasoning as well which in turn provides its own proofs. Science as a methodology can also be applied to other studies than physics in which it can help examining the reliability of a religion. It may also be used in supporting religions scientific prophecies when existed.

As to the excerpt from the Bible, even though I don't believe in Christianity, I don't like such personal arbitrary interpretations of the Scriptures, we need first to look to the whole book and see if there is another place where it may shed more light on this phrase, or contradicts it, or whatever, before jumping up to the conclusion.

I'm not a Christian either but I think scripture makes it pretty clear where Christianity stands on proof.

Religion is a belief based on conviction. By definition if you look it up in a dictionary, that is what it will say. You could prove or disprove it a thousand times over, it wouldn't change anything. It won't make anyone believe or disbelieve. But now I'm just repeating myself so I think I'm out.