Rhinoplasty, have you ever considered it?

Rhinoplasty, have you ever considered it?

• Total voters
I feel like my nose has gotten 5 times bigger in the last year (if that's possible) and it's beginning to annoy me. :mad:

LadyWench

I hate my nose. I feel like it's weird and big. I've wanted a rhinoplasty, but there's no way I could ever have the money to get it. Not only that, I don't think I could ever go through with it even if I could afford it. I'm just a p*ssy that way.

I wonder if insurance covers it?

I can't pay any more than 1 thou out of pocket and the prices range (at least to my knowledge) from 3 thousand to 8 thousand.

lunarla

I have seriously considered getting a rhinoplasty. I've considered it even more seriously as of late. I've been in contact with a couple plastic surgery offices to inquire about it, even. But the cost... I'd never be able to pay for that and live with the fact that I spent that much money to change my nose. Not only do I have university to think about, but it'd be so selfish and blaaaarg! I really think it sort of holds me back though. It's so strange because when I look in the mirror, my facial appearance isn't really congruent with how I see myself (because of my nose). It also definitely sucks that the nose doesn't stop growing... Some girls can really pull off more angular noses and it words great for them! A man having a larger nose isn't such a big deal because it's masculine! I feel like I'm very feminine but my nose doesn't really convey that! This may sound strange, but I compare it to how some girls want a bit larger breasts (let's say they're an A cup or something and just want to be a full be or something...) They want more pronounced breasts so they can feel more feminine in themselves! Same reason I'd like a bit smaller of a nose. I've thought about it quite a bit for the last couple years and I'm still really at odds with it.

lunarla

I wonder if insurance covers it?

I can't pay any more than 1 thou out of pocket and the prices range (at least to my knowledge) from 3 thousand to 8 thousand.

If you have breathing problems, your insurance could cover it (at least in Canada) If you have a deviated septum or something or have your nose broken to the point where it's hampering your breathing. Though sometimes all they do is give you a septoplasty to improve the breathing and not do anything on cosmetic. But I've heard of cases where they will add the cosmetic in there too.

I have seriously considered getting a rhinoplasty. I've considered it even more seriously as of late. I've been in contact with a couple plastic surgery offices to inquire about it, even. But the cost... I'd never be able to pay for that and live with the fact that I spent that much money to change my nose. Not only do I have university to think about, but it'd be so selfish and blaaaarg! I really think it sort of holds me back though. It's so strange because when I look in the mirror, my facial appearance isn't really congruent with how I see myself (because of my nose). It also definitely sucks that the nose doesn't stop growing... Some girls can really pull off more angular noses and it words great for them! A man having a larger nose isn't such a big deal because it's masculine! I feel like I'm very feminine but my nose doesn't really convey that! This may sound strange, but I compare it to how some girls want a bit larger breasts (let's say they're an A cup or something and just want to be a full be or something...) They want more pronounced breasts so they can feel more feminine in themselves! Same reason I'd like a bit smaller of a nose. I've thought about it quite a bit for the last couple years and I'm still really at odds with it.

People spend 6 thousand dollars for gucci bags and other dumb sh1t.

I don't think it's selfish at all.

I just wish the price was cheaper ::(:

If you have breathing problems, your insurance could cover it (at least in Canada) If you have a deviated septum or something or have your nose broken to the point where it's hampering your breathing. Though sometimes all they do is give you a septoplasty to improve the breathing and not do anything on cosmetic. But I've heard of cases where they will add the cosmetic in there too.

I do have Allergic rhinitis but I don't know if thats cosmetic surgery worthy or not.

I hope it is ::(:

lunarla

People spend 6 thousand dollars for gucci bags and other dumb sh1t.

I don't think it's selfish at all.

I just wish the price was cheaper ::(:

Well, I don't think it's selfish as a personal choice. I've thought about it a lotttttttttttttt and think it would make a world of difference with how I feel, etc. But in other people's eyes I'm sure it'd be seen as selfish and vain in some way.

I wish it were cheaper too, definitely. There's this program around here where you can get a rhinoplasty for about 3000, but it's med students who do the procedure. Well, it's more legit than it sounds, actually. They're supervised by professionals and everything. Still, I don't think I could go through with it unless the plastic surgeon had lots of experience.

Well, I don't think it's selfish as a personal choice. I've thought about it a lotttttttttttttt and think it would make a world of difference with how I feel, etc. But in other people's eyes I'm sure it'd be seen as selfish and vain in some way.

I wish it were cheaper too, definitely. There's this program around here where you can get a rhinoplasty for about 3000, but it's med students who do the procedure. Well, it's more legit than it sounds, actually. They're supervised by professionals and everything. Still, I don't think I could go through with it unless the plastic surgeon had lots of experience.

ditto, I wouldn't want to end up looking like Michael Jackson

lunarla

Eeeep, definitely not! I only really want a slight change. I just have a little bump in it that drives me insane for the most part. I don't want a tiny slope nose or anything.

EDIT: note that there's anything bad at all about tiny slope noses at all, obviously! Just would be too far from me.

Last edited:

Newtype

I don't like my nose. I think it's big and curves a little towards the bottom. However, whenever I see someone on TV with a nose like that, I like it, lol. The actress who plays Dalia Hassan on the TV show 24 has a nose like that and I think it's so hot. So it's only on my face that I don't like it. I won't do anything about it. If someone loves me for who I am, then I'll know she's awesome and I'll give her a cookie.

Kat

I would like to get some laser done to improve my skin, teeth and remove the veins around my eyes. I, do start to have problems with my nose if I study it too much. Even if this kind of thing was selfish and vain it’s ok in moderation. There’s far worse things you could do but make sure your doing it for yourself because no matter how much you change yourself everyone is going to have a different idea and I think there’s something that injects cartilage back into the nose if they scoop too much out.

Last edited:

jbeenthere

yeah I've thought about in he past. and I pray that my daughter does not get my nose but it looks as if she might.

Lost Girl

I have a huge nose because I'm part Polynesian. It never used to bother me before...in fact, I kinda liked it. Well in context with the rest of my face anyway. But lately it has been bothering me, along with the rest of my face, and I've sort of been fantasizing about getting my nose made a bit smaller, changing my eyes a bit...I don't know. I think I've been watching The Hills too much, ha!::eek::

agoraphobickatie

i've definitely considered it.. i hate my nose! i used to have a cute nose up until i was about 10 or 11, i guess.. then it changed! weird! lol.. the only thing stopping me from getting a rhinoplasty is the thought of someone banging at my nose with a chisel and hammer! i'm not even going to watch those videos, plastic surgeries on film gross me out! haha.. a lot of people i know around my age are getting boob jobs.. i have big enough boobs, but i just really like fake boobs! i'm obsessed with them! haha.. maybe i'll get that after i have kids or something...

agoraphobickatie

I've seen some pretty nice boob jobs (Carmen Electra), and I've seen some horrible ones too. Where the nipple is all the way at the top or they just look hard. I've thought about it in the past, and I'd get them done, but...I don't like the thought of having something inside my body. Plus, my husband doesn't like breast implants. *rolls eyes* I'm a 34C cup but I would love to be a 36 D cup. That wouldn't be too big for my frame. If I ever do get them done, I'm going to make sure I go to a reputable surgeon because I don't want to end up with a hack job. Nowadays, you can have fat injected into your breasts. That's an idea I've thought about.
You have a nice nose, btw.

thanks chick! :)
and yeah.. everytime i say "man, i love fake boobs, wish i had them!" to a guy, they're always like "no way, i like real ones!" haha.. i'm a 34d sometimes dd.. but i really feel like they don't look that size? i just like the way fake ones look better..
i hear you, though.. i've seen some pretty bad jobs before, i'd love to go to dr. rey from "dr. 90210" (idk if you know who that even is, haha..)
they come up with all kinds of new crazy stuff! there's no tellin' how easy it will be after i have kids! lol