Recreational drug use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Englishman

Hi, I was wondering how many members in this forum participate in drug use as an escape from reality. It wasn't until recently that I evaluated my life and realised that these past 3 years have just been a haze of drug use and partying as a way to get rid of my problems. Sure they might help in the moment, but I feel like I just end up feeling even worse about myself once the night is over.

Has anybody else had similar issues? I don't really know if quiting will be good for me considering it helps me so******e and I don't think I could stand being any more depressed than I already am. I'm 20 years old and I'm BROKE. I've quit smoking weed for a couple of months early this year and I felt no different what so ever, maybe I need to stop rationalising my problems by taking drugs. :idontknow:

Odo

Banned
I did a few substances when I was younger... I don't think I did it to cope, more because it felt good and it was exciting. When you're young your body can handle all kinds of abuse but when you get to a certain age it's going to stop being worth it because you'll feel horrible for longer than you feel good... that makes it a lot easier to quit.

I gave a lot of that up when I was 25 and then I quit smoking 2 years ago. Now I rarely drink alcohol and I don't even drink coffee... the only thing I'm really hooked on is sugar... and vitamins.

The runner's high is the best high IMO.

Klonoa

Nope nope nope NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I don't even know why I'm posting here, knowing the topic in itself is my personal berserk button, but here goes.

No. I heavily resent drugs, their users (especially those weak-willed, weak-minded users who keep pretty much demanding more and more drugs from the Mexican mafia with their damn wallets) AND their entire damn existence over one single thing:

The god damned mexican drug war.

Stupid war caused by the stupid mafia, because drugs are illegal in almost all the world, but people keep demanding for more, the mafia keeps supplying, while the American goverment pressures the Mexican goverment to do something about it (after decades of negligence) while also being the biggest market, where illegal drugs are consumed the most.

I can't go out when it goes dark, I have to constantly watch my back, I need to be prepared for the worst every day, to watch carefully where the soldiers, marines or even special forces are around so I can dodge any possible gun conflict that may ensue. As well avoiding any place I could have social interaction in case the mafia decides to shoot it down as a "warning" to the goverment and scare the general populance, causing our economy to collapse more and more as no smart invester would, well, invest on a failed state that might crack at any given moment.

Rumor down here has it the "russian heroine", Krokodile, was actually made with the intention of killing the addicts, and the whole "russian mafia made it" is just a front.

3 weeks ago, it finally entered to Mexico.

If the rumor happens to be true, so be it, let them rot and die for all I care. Might as well purge the damn planet.

And before any of you try to berate me, or otherwise give me a rebuttal, let me say this:

Have you ever seen severed torsos and arms laying in the floor? Decapitated heads and blood on top of cars? Heard the scream of people as they die getting shot with high-caliber automatic weaponry? Hanged men, women and children from bridges? All those atrocities usually with written messages from the mafia torwards the goverment, or otherwise? Those things change you. So if any of you guys who are weak enough to use that crap do it again, as you smoke that joint, try for a second to think of how many people died on it's way to your hands.

[/rant]

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I am with Klonoa. I hate drugs as well.

Before any derpsters trying hard to defend drug usage come to tell me "MEDICASHUNS R DRUGS TOO!1!1ONEONE", nope, I'm not talking about prescribed medicine here. You all know what I'm refering to.

Odo

Banned
Klonoa,

Do you also hate marijuana that is grown locally and has absolutely no ties to the Mexican Mafia?

Klonoa

Klonoa,

Do you also hate marijuana that is grown locally and has absolutely no ties to the Mexican Mafia?

Yes, but if those people decide to consume it more and more until they die without giving the cartels more damn weaponry, more power to them. Same with Krokodile users, consume it if you wish, just stop messing with my life.

Odo

Banned
Yes, but if those people decide to consume it more and more until they die without giving the cartels more damn weaponry, more power to them.

So you're not really upset that people are smoking dope, you're mostly just upset that you have to live in a war zone.

I can't say I blame you, but I would say that the problem isn't the drugs, it's the fact that the drugs are making money for the criminals instead of say, a legitimate business.

That's prohibition for you.

Klonoa

So you're not really upset that people are smoking dope, you're mostly just upset that you have to live in a war zone.

I can't say I blame you, but I would say that the problem isn't the drugs, it's the fact that the drugs are making money for the criminals instead of say, a legitimate business.

That's prohibition for you.

A little of both. I'm having a hard time to properly express myself and keep it forum-friendly, I just realize I'm extremely militant torwards the whole subject. Drug addicts, to me, are similar to suicidal people. Let them die if they wish so and don't want any help, or let people help them.

Except worse, because many of them don't even have poor lives or anything, just people with way too much money and little time. As just keep sponsoring things whose sight would make many of you people here puke in horror.

At least suicidal people aren't giving their money to this.

6foto2.jpg

EDIT: I'd like just to say, here in Mexico we DO NOT have a drug-addiction problem locally (yet, but due the 7 years of war, it might begin soon), the cartels money comes from... foreign markets, and let's keep it at that.

Rawz

I can't really use drugs recreationally. I'm assuming it's because I'm Lexapro, but I've tried alcohol and marijuana in small amounts and neither were enjoyable at. Marijuana reduced my heart rate/blood pressure to worryingly low levels it seemed. Heck these days I've almost completely cut out caffeine.

No drugs for me.

dottie

weed should be legalized. but, having said that, i don't have a desire to use it or be around people who use it. maybe once in a blue moon to get the artistic juices flowing.

Klonoa

to get the artistic juices flowing.

I'm sorry, but as a graphic designer, this statement rustles my jimmies BEYOND anything else can, after having a room-mate who said the same and smoking weed before doing his projects.

If you need that to have "artistic juices", then why being an artist? If you need to rely on a that to create art, and not your truth inner inspiration, you are not an artist, but a wannabe.

It doesn't really help it seems like a way of cheating. The easy mode, the "super guide" of 'being an artist' without really working for it.

With that said. Good night. I'm feeling ill, and this thread is simply hammering my blood vesels.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
weed should be legalized. but, having said that, i don't have a desire to use it or be around people who use it. maybe once in a blue moon to get the artistic juices flowing.

Uh... I'm a bit upset at this statement too, as an artist that has been asked a bazillion times if she consumes funny stuff to create such "crazy" things. One can be creative naturally, ya know.

Sorry if it sounds rude, it's just my opinion.

Klonoa

Thing is, to me, using weed for inspiration is like a boxer (or any kind of sportsman) who does steroids before a fight/race/etc.

It's cheating, no matter if they serve with with pink skies and chocolate, it's cheating and glory without turly having the skill.

MollyBeGood

Drugs are drugs. If you take antidepressants you are taking drugs. Aspirin, technically a drug. Caffeine is a drug. You drink soda pop you're using drugs.

It's not the "drug" so much as the abuser of the drug. A little of anything is okay as long as you hurt no one in the process. It's our right as humans on this planet to be able to change our consciousness if we want to.

Just don't over do it. Simple.

GraybeardGhost

One can be creative naturally, ya know.
Indeed. It has been my experience that the seeds of inspiration grow best in unpolluted ground.
It's not the "drug" so much as the abuser of the drug. A little of anything is okay as long as you hurt no one in the process. It's our right as humans on this planet to be able to change our consciousness if we want to.

Just don't over do it. Simple.

True. Unfortunately, for some of us, not overdoing it isn't always so simple.

Odo

Banned
Creative people don't deprive themselves of new experiences, and I can't see how a true artist would fear/reject/belittle the prospect of a new perspective.

It seems to me that looking at things in new ways is pretty much the essence of great artistic expression... otherwise you end up with something that could be technically accomplished but also really conventional.

I'm not saying that drugs are the only way to find a new perspective or that doing them all the time means you're going to be great or that it can make uncreative people creative, but dismissing them (or anything else) from a position of total ignorance seems to be the very opposite of creativity.

And I really don't think they're like steroids... mostly because there is no Olympics of art and it's not a competition.

MollyBeGood

Thing is, to me, using weed for inspiration is like a boxer (or any kind of sportsman) who does steroids before a fight/race/etc.

It's cheating, no matter if they serve with with pink skies and chocolate, it's cheating and glory without turly having the skill.

hmm ok. So when someone takes Prozac to change their view of the world to be happier for example, they are cheating then? They don't have the ability to naturally be happy so they cheat and take a pill? I argue to definition of recreational drug tbh.

I agree that steroids are evil though. Anything that makes a guy grow boobies is just wrong. Wait aren't they saying abusing pot does that now? LoL :thumbdown:

MollyBeGood

Creative people don't deprive themselves of new experiences, and I can't see how a true artist would fear/reject/belittle the prospect of a new perspective.

It seems to me that looking at things in new ways is pretty much the essence of great artistic expression... otherwise you end up with something that could be technically accomplished but also really conventional.

I'm not saying that drugs are the only way to find a new perspective or that doing them all the time means you're going to be great or that it can make uncreative people creative, but dismissing them (or anything else) from a position of total ignorance seems to be the very opposite of creativity.

And I really don't think they're like steroids... mostly because there is no Olympics of art and it's not a competition.

Pretty much every famous creative artist has taken some kind of drug to improve their work. We all know The Beatles were pretty horrible till they experimented. Heck Walt Disney was a huge drug user and look at the empire he created-Not saying I think it's a good thing he did at all but just as an example there's so many more.

Odo

Banned
Pretty much every famous creative artist has taken some kind of drug to improve their work. We all know The Beatles were pretty horrible till they experimented.

Actually, except for maybe when they were 16 or so, I think the Beatles were pretty much constantly on one drug or another. They were popping speed like crazy when they were doing the clubs in Hamburg... that's a big part of why their early stuff is so 'energetic'. Of course, the Germans also gave it to their soldiers and it was pretty much a socially acceptable thing to do... you don't hear about it because it wasn't one of the 'scary' narcotics and was being used in diet pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.