Recreational drug use

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyBeGood

Actually, except for maybe when they were 16 or so, I think the Beatles were pretty much constantly on one drug or another. They were popping speed like crazy when they were doing the clubs in Hamburg... that's a big part of why their early stuff is so 'energetic'. Of course, the Germans also gave it to their soldiers and it was pretty much a socially acceptable thing to do... you don't hear about it because it wasn't one of the 'scary' narcotics and was being used in diet pills.

LoL that explains it. No one ever does anything good on speed.
I am picturing their heads bopping back and fourth manically now to "Love Me DO" in a different light-thanks haha

Klonoa

Creative people don't deprive themselves of new experiences, and I can't see how a true artist would fear/reject/belittle the prospect of a new perspective.

Sure why not, then next time I have to make a design, I'll cut off my arm to paint the red details with my own blood, shoot a child in a knee and punch an old woman in the face to represent the shakey current market and weak economy.

Ya know, for the art.

And I really don't think they're like steroids... mostly because there is no Olympics of art and it's not a competition.

When a company hires you and other 5 designers and only the best of the best will get their design used AND the money, trust me, the competition can get rough. Even nasty.

hmm ok. So when someone takes Prozac to change their view of the world to be happier for example, they are cheating then? They don't have the ability to naturally be happy so they cheat and take a pill? I argue to definition of recreational drug tbh.

Englishman mentioned only illegal drugs in his first post, by that name even. Bringing up the 'definition of drugs' arguement honestly holds no water as the context has been clearly set from the very beggining. As Hellhound put it Drugs =/= prebscription medicine. Don't even go there, thanks.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Drugs are drugs. If you take antidepressants you are taking drugs. Aspirin, technically a drug. Caffeine is a drug. You drink soda pop you're using drugs.

It's not the "drug" so much as the abuser of the drug. A little of anything is okay as long as you hurt no one in the process. It's our right as humans on this planet to be able to change our consciousness if we want to.

Just don't over do it. Simple.

Typical speech to defend drug usage :/

You guys will never EVER get better if you use that logic. It's a sad reality you try so hard to deny.

Creative people don't deprive themselves of new experiences, and I can't see how a true artist would fear/reject/belittle the prospect of a new perspective.

Pretty much every famous creative artist has taken some kind of drug to improve their work. We all know The Beatles were pretty horrible till they experimented. Heck Walt Disney was a huge drug user and look at the empire he created

Lolkay.

Brb, I'm going to have some cocaine before I continue with this picture I'm making. Thank you guys for the insight, you've changed my life. I will repay you when I become a millionaire.

Last edited:

dannyboy65

I was a heavy drug user before and I was only 16. Do not go back to it, even if it is just weed it can really screw up life. It does not help with depression, sure it does at the moment but in the real world you can't just smoke away all of your problems. I was in so deep that if I was not high I would be drunk. No matter how much stuff I did my problems would always come back. I was screwed up, I had schizophrenia, depression, anxiety and autism. To make things worse the drugs I was doing caused schizophrenia or made it worse. When I was a user I was sent to the hospital for a suicide attempt. But now I don't even think of going back I'm 18 now and in college I have top grades and have been clean for almost a year now. It gets tough I know but recreational drugs are not worth it you make the wrong friends, fight addiction (weed is addict able believe it or not), and your risking your life. From my experience I say try to stay away my friend it hurts you and everyone you love believe me.

MollyBeGood

Klona, from the way you ranted in all caps in your one post about drugs I can see this is a sore spot for you. Maybe you live in an area where there is a lot of drug violence? If so, I am sorry. I wish that on no one. Drugs cause only that level of violence because they are illegal. Imagine how crazy the world would be if alcohol was still illegal as it was once.
Marijuana in of it's self does not cause people to be violent. It's the illegalization around it that causes the wars and killings. More people have killed each other via vehicular homicide when drunk than smoking "illegal weed". I am all for the legalization of MJ. and the states are catching on, finally! :)
It's the humans that make the drugs suck-not the drugs themselves.

I have a problem with all the loose and easy prescriptions of all kinds of Legal drugs, albeit unrelated to the OP still talking drugs, now from "doctors" when they, the prescription drugs are just as horrible in a lot of ways for you but because they are legal they are okay according to our lovely govt. As long as Big Pharma can make profits off them then they are gonna pump them out regardless of the consequences to society.

I have my Ad Blocker on and I know this site is drenched with ads for these things so obviously my posting this opinion is not ok :p

Legal/Illegal drugs are drugs. If we do them in moderation (OP was abusing them clearly) and don't hurt anyone then they are not a problem.

Odo

Banned
Sure why not, then next time I have to make a design, I'll cut off my arm to paint the red details with my own blood, shoot a child in a knee and punch an old woman in the face to represent the shakey current market and weak economy.

Ya know, for the art.

Well, obviously there are limits... and I really don't think most people consider smoking weed to be quite the same thing as self-amputation and assault. Before we get into the whole 'victimless crime' debate, please keep in mind that once more, if these things were legal the mafia would lose control.

When a company hires you and other 5 designers and only the best of the best will get their design used AND the money, trust me, the competition can get rough. Even nasty.

I really don't think that Pringles cares about portraying deep spiritual truths about the human condition so much as making their potato chips look more delicious than the competition.

Business isn't art, and if you're in a situation where you're competing for money, you're probably not an artist so much as an office worker.

Englishman mentioned only illegal drugs in his first post, by that name even. Bringing up the 'definition of drugs' arguement honestly holds no water as the context has been clearly set from the very beggining. As Hellhound put it Drugs =/= prebscription medicine. Don't even go there, thanks.

So once again, if marijuana were legal, you wouldn't hate it.
And it IS a prescription medicine.

Klonoa

So once again, if marijuana were legal, you wouldn't hate it.
And it IS a prescription medicine.

I would keep to despise it. So much people have died for it, making it legal would make theit deaths meaningless.

Also [citation needed].

Business isn't art, and if you're in a situation where you're competing for money, you're probably not an artist so much as an office worker.

[citation needed]

I guess everyone's precious Beatles isn't art either? They printed a lot of money in their prime. Movies do so too.

Yeah, I'll just leave this video here with a translation underneath. (Keep in mind, in spanish, drugs refferes 90% of the time exclusively to the illegal ones, with the legal ones just reffered as medicine)

#NEGAS - VIVE SIN DROGAS - YouTube

NEGAS - Vive sin Drogas English Transcript said:
SONG: LIVE WIHTOUT DRUGS, WITHOUT DRUGS AHAHA

NEGAS: Hello, as you know, IrreverenTV is part of TV Azteca, cool why not, so we have to support Live Without Drugs, to see if the youth in ecstasy stops. Let's see. ...Ironically, it seems like a drug addict made the logo. But well, let's get down to business: Don't do dru- DON'T BE IMBECILES, NO. Humanity is already very manipulable, weak-minded and stupid, under the influence of drugs even more. Wait, let me wear a labcoat and glasses to make what I'm saying more credible.

Dr. NEGAS: Every drug leaves us even more stupid than we already are, as though time they start messing the way brain works. Ir changes your logic, baby! That you don't even use when you're horny teens. But if you guys... let's not say "disgusting drug addicts parasites of their family", and just "consumers", you guys will say "WOAH WOAH BAD VIBES, WHAT A BAD TRIP BROTHER, NO NO", but every ****ing substance that changes our personality to just think about pleasure is part of the mental control to keep us asleep, doped and submissive. So we destroy each other, how sad, no? And you can turn against me and say we want to control you, that we say don't do drugs because we're anti-freedom, bad vibing decrepit old men. Then bend over and don't believe us. But at least inform yourselves by other means before doing stupidities. You got there the infinite internet of knowledge, because I assume you don't know what a book is and what it is for.

NEGAS: And what a boring animation, I know. I know. But be aware you're slaves of the system and the more drowzy or in trance you remain, less consicious you'll be of your own slavery. Thanks, bye.

NARRATOR: Dr. Negas, Maximum Knowledge. With Ph.D of Infinite Success in the Fields of Inteligence. Cherin-Plau Laboratories.

NEGAS: That doesn't even exist! That's a bunch of lies!

NARRATOR: Cherin-Plau, Cherin-Plau.

Odo

Banned
Typical speech to defend drug usage :/

You guys will never EVER get better if you use that logic. It's a sad reality you try so hard to deny.

Lolkay.

Brb, I'm going to have some cocaine before I continue with this picture I'm making. Thank you guys for the insight, you've changed my life. I will repay you when I become a millionaire.

Well, you could definitely use something.

:thumbup:

coyote

moderator's note: the promotion of illegal drug use is against forum rules

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.