rate the last film you watched

FOR REAL

Banned
ive watched 3 the day

good will hunting 10/10 (and 10/10 for the soundtrack)

dead poet society 8/10

the hurt locker 10/10

Kat

I haven’t watched a movie in a long time but I am watching a series The Beastmaster. Love it give it a 9/10.

LadyWench

whats that about?

I'm horrible at explaining what movies are about. Jesus Camp is a documentary. I'll copy and paste its "plot" from IMDB for ya.

Summary number one:

Jesus Camp follows several young children as they prepare to attend a summer camp where the kids will get their daily dose of evangelical Christianity. Becky Fischer works at the camp, which is named Kids on Fire. Through interviews with Fischer, the children, and others, Jesus Camp illustrates the unswerving belief of the faithful. A housewife and homeschooling mother tells her son that creationism has all the answers. Footage from inside the camp shows young children weeping and wailing as they promise to stop their sinning. Child after child is driven to tears. Juxtapose these scenes with clips from a more moderate Christian radio host (who is appalled by such tactics), and Jesus Camp seems to pose a clear question: are these children being brainwashed? Written by Ken Miller

Summary number two:

Becky Fischer is a Pentacostal minister who holds Evangelical Christian conferences and camps, the latter called "Kids on Fire" which are held in Devil's Lake, North Dakota. She holds the camps in the hopes of teaching Evangelical Christian children to lay down their life for God. She equates her philosophy to that of extremist Muslims teaching children literally to fight in the name of Islam, but with 'the right' message. She teaches the children at the camps to be outspoken in their beliefs with a passionate fervor, all in the name of Jesus Christ. Topics presented include the evils of Harry Potter (in Old Testament times, he would have been put to death for being a warlock), the waste of dead churches (where there is no passion in the praising of Jesus), the evils of abortion, and Evangelical Christians taking back government in the United States. The camp attendees soak up the messages like sponges as she is preaching to the converted. Her events are played out against the backdrop of the George W. Bush presidency, he who speaks to Ted Haggard, the leader of the National Association of Evangelicals, on a weekly basis. Christian radio host Mike Papantonio, who is non-Evangelical, provides his views of what he considers Fischer's indoctrination process, and especially the harm he sees in blurring the line between church and state. Written by Huggo

Remus

Staff member
"When the wind blows"

An animation film, THE most depressing film I've ever seen, makes grave of the fireflies look like disney :/

oh 9/10

davidburke

I'm horrible at explaining what movies are about. Jesus Camp is a documentary. I'll copy and paste its "plot" from IMDB for ya.

Summary number one:

Jesus Camp follows several young children as they prepare to attend a summer camp where the kids will get their daily dose of evangelical Christianity. Becky Fischer works at the camp, which is named Kids on Fire. Through interviews with Fischer, the children, and others, Jesus Camp illustrates the unswerving belief of the faithful. A housewife and homeschooling mother tells her son that creationism has all the answers. Footage from inside the camp shows young children weeping and wailing as they promise to stop their sinning. Child after child is driven to tears. Juxtapose these scenes with clips from a more moderate Christian radio host (who is appalled by such tactics), and Jesus Camp seems to pose a clear question: are these children being brainwashed? Written by Ken Miller

Summary number two:

Becky Fischer is a Pentacostal minister who holds Evangelical Christian conferences and camps, the latter called "Kids on Fire" which are held in Devil's Lake, North Dakota. She holds the camps in the hopes of teaching Evangelical Christian children to lay down their life for God. She equates her philosophy to that of extremist Muslims teaching children literally to fight in the name of Islam, but with 'the right' message. She teaches the children at the camps to be outspoken in their beliefs with a passionate fervor, all in the name of Jesus Christ. Topics presented include the evils of Harry Potter (in Old Testament times, he would have been put to death for being a warlock), the waste of dead churches (where there is no passion in the praising of Jesus), the evils of abortion, and Evangelical Christians taking back government in the United States. The camp attendees soak up the messages like sponges as she is preaching to the converted. Her events are played out against the backdrop of the George W. Bush presidency, he who speaks to Ted Haggard, the leader of the National Association of Evangelicals, on a weekly basis. Christian radio host Mike Papantonio, who is non-Evangelical, provides his views of what he considers Fischer's indoctrination process, and especially the harm he sees in blurring the line between church and state. Written by Huggo

ahh so its about the christen brainwashing camp. I hear all the story's of how crazy the majority of christens are in American and how they indoctrinate children. its quite scary that this is going on

davidburke

underworld 10/10 I haven't seen it before this so now i understand why so many people post Kate Beckinsale's picture cause i'm in love

kate-beckinsale-underworld.jpg

Last edited:

Lorraine Manca

the waitress- i think that was the title, pregnant lady hooks up with her baby doctor, yuck, worst movie ever, didnt finish it 0/10

lunarla

The last movie I watched was "The Cove." It was really good documentary. I give it an 9/10.

I want to see this! Did you watch it in theatres? I've been trying to find it online because I really doubt it'll be coming to my theatre.

LadyWench

ahh so its about the christen brainwashing camp. I hear all the story's of how crazy the majority of christens are in American and how they indoctrinate children. its quite scary that this is going on

Yes, it's incredibly depressing. And the majority of Christians are considered "good" people! Imagine that.