Post your voice

Lavinialuna

Ha ha what a coincidence, in a round about way. My grandmaws people came from Germany and settled in northern ohio. You could pass for an ohio accent. Cool!

It's really strange how accents evolve.
Yeah, my grandpa was from Germany, and so I'm sure his accent rubbed off really strongly on my father. I am more than 85% German, 1/8 Irish and 1/16 Scot.
Didn't the drawl evolve more from the French?

It's really strange how accents evolve.
Yeah, my grandpa was from Germany, and so I'm sure his accent rubbed off really strongly on my father. I am more than 85% German, 1/8 Irish and 1/16 Scot.
Didn't the drawl evolve more from the French?

Supposedly. I must be full of guilt then! As a small child i was speaking german before i spoke English due to grandmaw. Her dad, my great grandfather was born there in what was east germany and oddly enough, he was in WWII in (you guessed it) Germany (he came to ohio as a small boy). Actually had family on both sides of that one. Grandpaw is Cherokee/German and my dads side is too. But hey, this is the melting pot they say :)

Lavinialuna

Supposedly. I must be full of guilt then! As a small child i was speaking german before i spoke English due to grandmaw. Her dad, my great grandfather was born there in what was east germany and oddly enough, he was in WWII in (you guessed it) Germany (he came to ohio as a small boy). Actually had family on both sides of that one. Grandpaw is Cherokee/German and my dads side is too. But hey, this is the melting pot they say :)

So he was fighting on the American side? Must have been strange.
My grandpa was here before the war, but I know he had a cousin that was a Nazi sympathizer. He was a really odd duck. Black sheep type. Ick.
We are probably related. My grandpa came from what eventually became East Germany too. It's such a small world. My husband has Bohemian blood in him, and that is basically just over the border from where my Grandpa was born into what is now the Czech Rep.
Cherokee, oooooooooh. Indian guys are sexy. I had to watch Dances with Wolves about 1000 times because "wind in his hair" was so fine to look at, haha!
I love ancestry. It's fascinating.

So he was fighting on the American side? Must have been strange.
My grandpa was here before the war, but I know he had a cousin that was a Nazi sympathizer. He was a really odd duck. Black sheep type. Ick.
We are probably related. My grandpa came from what eventually became East Germany too. It's such a small world. My husband has Bohemian blood in him, and that is basically just over the border from where my Grandpa was born into what is now the Czech Rep.
Cherokee, oooooooooh. Indian guys are sexy. I had to watch Dances with Wolves about 1000 times because "wind in his hair" was so fine to look at, haha!
I love ancestry. It's fascinating.

What twisted histories behind us. I find it absolutely fascinating. The wifes people are British ancestry with some Cherokee but she don't look it with her red hair and freckles. Her mom looks like a full indian though, weird huh? Now my grandpaws moms people were here a lot sooner than the rest. His great grandpaw and his brothers and cousins were all in the civil war.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

What twisted histories behind us. I find it absolutely fascinating. The wifes people are British ancestry with some Cherokee but she don't look it with her red hair and freckles. Her mom looks like a full indian though, weird huh?

what a cutie.

I am Welsh, Cherokee with some French. Both sides of my parents ancestry fought in the Revolutionary War, my one Great, Great, Great one more ? Grandpa under Washington even. I wish I was more native american. I don't believe in what we did to the natives at all.

what a cutie.

I am Welsh, Cherokee with some French. Both sides of my parents ancestry fought in the Revolutionary War, my one Great, Great, Great one more ? Grandpa under Washington even. I wish I was more native american. I don't believe in what we did to the natives at all.

Sure... go ahead.... trust the government .... just ask any Indian how they'll do ya! Amen to that shyt! They got screwed big time and that's putting it easy.

111004040429_mcdonalds-logo.jpg

"Do you want fries with that?"

GraybeardGhost

I knew you were here, you little lurker! Come out from under there!

Everybodys done it but graybeard :rolleyes:

All the cool kids are doing it!

You aint one of us if you don't do it!

ahhh the old familiar sting of Peer Pressure.

Good move JC.:thumbup:

Its kinda like high school: me and you and dottie settin on the hood of my car after school, drinkin beer and taunting graybeard to join us as he walks by.

yeah what a woosey! *Belches*

:crying:

*hides in the bathroom 'til school lets out*

dottie

@lavin you have a nice, warm laugh. Very pretty. And I'm jelly you have chickens. My labs would eat those so fast, though.

GraybeardGhost

But we want you to join us ;)

Of all the words a sociophobe is least likely to believe . . . :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm thinkin' about it. Got some ideas. Might read one of my poems or something. Too tired tonight to figure out how it all works, though. Maybe tomorrow. But if I have to set up another @#$%& account on another #$%&@ website to do it, maybe not.

dottie

You don't have to set up an account or anything. On the website you just hit the record button. It gives you the option to retry or it gives you a link that you paste into the text box here. So easy.

Yeah, read one of your poems!