Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Miserum

I love having good, genuine conversations with people. Too bad I suck at them.

(But on the rare occasion that I do, I feel ecstatic afterward--my outlook on life becomes 100x better).

Phoenixx

What kinda cut will you get?
I'm not sure. I have fine, thin, curly hair, plus a round face, so it's always hard for me to pick what I want, let alone actually find a decent hair dresser that knows how to cut curly hair. The last salon I went to was a nightmare and gave me the dreaded blunt cut after telling them not to. *cringe* That was nearly a year ago and I've been growing it out since. I'm so tired of my hair though, I've been tempted to find someone that knows how to cut curly hair and tell them, "Do what you want to it." I want a hair makeover so bad, but because of my hair type I feel like nothing ever looks good.

SilentAndShy

Why is it when I'm having an anxiety episode (when I'm procrastinating relating to my driving) that time goes so quickly, when you want it to go so slow. I sat for 90mins, thinking about what I needed to do, how to do it and anxious about doing it that that amount of time passed by fast. I didn't end up doing what I needed to do, but I don't react well to changes of plans. I like to have a set plan and stick to it, so the change of plan threw me and that's why I ended up procrastinating and now feeling like rubbish for how everything transpired.

Miserum

Why is it when I'm having an anxiety episode (when I'm procrastinating relating to my driving) that time goes so quickly, when you want it to go so slow. I sat for 90mins, thinking about what I needed to do, how to do it and anxious about doing it that that amount of time passed by fast. I didn't end up doing what I needed to do, but I don't react well to changes of plans. I like to have a set plan and stick to it, so the change of plan threw me and that's why I ended up procrastinating and now feeling like rubbish for how everything transpired.
Keep it up. You'll get the hang of driving eventually if you just keep practicing. It's not going to be a win every time. Failure is a part of reaching success. :)

Miserum

Just a little vent:

Why must you first verbally interrupt me, and when I decide I want to finish my sentence instead of letting you interrupt me, insist on finishing your sentence? Do you think I can comprehend what you're saying when I am trying to finish my own fucking sentence? ONE AT A TIME.

I should really address this next time it happens because it's highly and unnecessarily irritating and happens frequently with this person. I feel like they've developed a habit of "establishing" their "dominance" over the years with the people in their life by doing this. Or, on the other hand, other people have rudely interrupted this person over the years, which, consequently, has forced him into this behavior as a countermeasure.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Just a little vent:

Why must you first verbally interrupt me, and when I decide I want to finish my sentence instead of letting you interrupt me, insist on finishing your sentence? Do you think I can comprehend what you're saying when I am trying to finish my own fucking sentence? ONE AT A TIME.

I should really address this next time it happens because it's highly and unnecessarily irritating and happens frequently with this person. I feel like they've developed a habit of "establishing" their "dominance" over the years with the people in their life by doing this. Or, on the other hand, other people have rudely interrupted this person over the years, which, consequently, has forced him into this behavior as a countermeasure.
I can really identify with this. It's one of my pet hates, people interrupting and talking over others :mad:
It's one of those stupid little social things where you are sometimes expected to just forget about what you where saying and 'jump tracks' to their thoughts - and be ok with it. I think it shows a lack of respect.

Miserum

It's one of those stupid little social things where you are sometimes expected to just forget about what you where saying and 'jump tracks' to their thoughts - and be ok with it. I think it shows a lack of respect.
Yeah man. I think the "jumping tracks" issue is slightly different, wherein the person interrupting is trying to change the conversation completely. That's also annoying as fuck (although if that's not what you mean, then by all means, please clarify).

I am referring to, let's say, a debate, where both parties are on topic, but one party is constantly interrupting so their voice can be heard.

It's the "If I talk over you, you'll be able to understand my point." Which isn't the case at all, because I can't even understand a fucking word you're saying if we are both speaking at the same time. And seeing as how I was the one speaking first, you should just let me finish my damn sentence, THEN SPEAK. Everyone speak one at a time. That's how good communication works!

Maybe I feel like this person feels like I won't listen to him if he has to wait to speak. Idk.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Yeah man. I think the "jumping tracks" issue is slightly different, wherein the person interrupting is trying to change the conversation completely. That's also annoying as fuck (although if that's not what you mean, then by all means, please clarify).
Yea I think in my mind its the same or similar thing. You're responding to something, taking the time to make conversation.. perhaps you even want to contribute and actually be heard, then someone cuts in over the top of you and says something unrelated to the current topic. You can hardly say 'oh wait, I'm not finished with the last topic yet..' or 'don't you want to hear what I have to say here too?'. You'll be the one that looks like the ass.

That's usually an early indicator for me that I'm not going to invest my time into that person.

theoutsider

I recently learned that when people are telling of a traumatic experience, it's considered rude to speak of something similar that happened to you. I didn't know this and would usually do it if I had a shared experience. I always thought it was a way of showing empathy as if to say, I know the feeling because I've experienced similar. I didn't know that many looked at it as one-upsmanship. Oh well, you learn something new everyday. I'll have to be conscientious not to do this again.