Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Kiwong

I like company, but can't do it endlessly. I need time out, time to recharge. I took the Myers Briggs personality test a few times and the personality type I always got indicated this.
Yeah I like it every now and again, and only a few people. I refused to take the Myers Briggs test.

Phoenixx

I'm so over having windows 10 for a desktop. Or at least I'm over this royal piece of shit I have for a desktop. I seriously hope I can get a job soon because that's going to be the first thing I'll be buying. Meanwhile I guess I'm just going to stick with my Chromebook for everything from now on. I love my Chromebook but I feel like I'm going to need full MS Office programs in the future for my career. Unless there are better alternatives? Because if there is, I'll be switching to chrome os for the desktop too. Fuck windows, seriously.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I'm so over having windows 10 for a desktop. Or at least I'm over this royal piece of shit I have for a desktop. I seriously hope I can get a job soon because that's going to be the first thing I'll be buying. Meanwhile I guess I'm just going to stick with my Chromebook for everything from now on. I love my Chromebook but I feel like I'm going to need full MS Office programs in the future for my career. Unless there are better alternatives? Because if there is, I'll be switching to chrome os for the desktop too. Fuck windows, seriously.
Windows is discontinuing service for windows 7 in the new year.. I love 7. Which means I'm going to have to update to 10.. :(

Phoenixx

Windows is discontinuing service for windows 7 in the new year.. I love 7. Which means I'm going to have to update to 10.. :(
I know I just heard about that. Sucks because I was seriously thinking about installing Windows 7 because that was the last Windows OS I loved. Everything else they've released since has been buggy, bloated, and just downright terrible. Shame because I was an avid Windows user, never liked anything else and now I'm considering actually saving up to buy a Mac desktop. I really don't want to spend that kind of money, but if it ends up lasting me a long time, then I'll bite. I've never owned Apple anything before, so it'll be a whole new experience for me as well.

PugofCrydee

I know I just heard about that. Sucks because I was seriously thinking about installing Windows 7 because that was the last Windows OS I loved. Everything else they've released since has been buggy, bloated, and just downright terrible. Shame because I was an avid Windows user, never liked anything else and now I'm considering actually saving up to buy a Mac desktop. I really don't want to spend that kind of money, but if it ends up lasting me a long time, then I'll bite. I've never owned Apple anything before, so it'll be a whole new experience for me as well.
I avoid apple now. I had a Mac desktop and just didnt like it, but some people love them. I've had iPhones too and much prefer Samsung.

Phoenixx

I avoid apple now. I had a Mac desktop and just didnt like it, but some people love them. I've had iPhones too and much prefer Samsung.
I recall having to use an iMac years ago in community college for an art class I took. As much as I didn't want to like it, it actually wasn't a bad experience. I'm not a fan of iPhones either, and I also prefer Samsung (if I really had to choose between the two), but Mac computers are a bit of a different experience.

BUT if only Google would roll out an OS that has the productivity as a Mac and/or former Windows OS, then I'd be sold. I absolutely love my Chromebook, but I need something a bit more productive for the future.

MollyBeGood

Yes, I've been to just about everyone you can go to, but so far nothing has helped. Thanks for the concern though :)

What about medicinal herbs from a Naturopath or Chinese based herbalist? I am not a big fan of Western Pharma or Doctors at all. Have you tried for example Valerian Root and Melatonin? That’s not something a regular doctor would prescribe because it’s a natural herb. No money in them herbs :) Well there is also cannabis and CBD oil that would be very much worth you experimenting with. Also mugwort can really help ease one into proper sleep. How are your vitamin levels? When was the last time you had blood work done?
Ugh! Sorry so many questions and feel free to ignore them if you don’t want to answer.

Miserum

Why does offendingly bad breath still exist in 2019 in first world countries?

I was doing some group work today. It was like I was stuck in a cloud of farts. Fucking oral farts reminiscent of my morning dump after a two-day bender, mixed in with the scent of cotton candy.

Of course, there are exceptions. I'll understand if you're dehydrated or just ate some garlic, but those have their own distinct smells. I'll understand if you have some kind of genetic disorder that prevents you from having healthy-smelling breath (but come on, how many people am I meeting on a daily basis that have a genetic oral disorder)?

On occasion, we are met by the MOAB-funky-as-fuck-hasn't-flossed-in-literal-years bad breath. Today I experienced that MOAB.

And frankly, I'm sick of it.

There must come a time, and certainly by a certain age, when a person has to realize... "Christ... my breath really smells like ass." But alas, this is clearly just wishful thinking.

I really don't understand.

Step 1: floss your teeth
Step 2: brush your teeth for a few minutes
Step 3: brush your tongue til it's pink
Step 4: use mouthwash
Step 5: do this routine twice daily and see your dentist twice a year for a cleaning.

Or something like that.

It's not that hard and all takes less than ten minutes.

Yet I am faced with ass-breath everywhere I go. I just want to do my work and conversing in peace without getting blasted in the face with whatever you've been eating for the past 20 years. Is that too much to ask? Is it?

Wow. That turned into a longer diatribe than I intended.

PugofCrydee

I was doing some group work today. It was like I was stuck in a cloud of farts. Fucking oral farts reminiscent of my morning dump after a two-day bender, mixed in with the scent of cotton candy.

Of course, there are exceptions. I'll understand if you're dehydrated or just ate some garlic, but those have their own distinct smells. I'll understand if you have some kind of genetic disorder that prevents you from having healthy-smelling breath (but come on, how many people am I meeting on a daily basis that have a genetic oral disorder)?

On occasion, we are met by the MOAB-funky-as-fuck-hasn't-flossed-in-literal-years bad breath. Today I experienced that MOAB.

And frankly, I'm sick of it.

There must come a time, and certainly by a certain age, when a person has to realize... "Christ... my breath really smells like ass." But alas, this is clearly just wishful thinking.

I really don't understand.

Step 1: floss your teeth
Step 2: brush your teeth for a few minutes
Step 3: brush your tongue til it's pink
Step 4: use mouthwash
Step 5: do this routine twice daily and see your dentist twice a year for a cleaning.

Or something like that.

It's not that hard and all takes less than ten minutes.

Yet I am faced with ass-breath everywhere I go. I just want to do my work and conversing in peace without getting blasted in the face with whatever you've been eating for the past 20 years. Is that too much to ask? Is it?

Wow. That turned into a longer diatribe than I intended.
Yea I fking hate it when some moron breathes all over you and is unaware that their breath smells like they've just pulled a month old salmon out of their ass and eaten it.

Miserum.... I'm goddam sick of it too!!

I'm angry I tell ya.. angry!!

Miserum

Yea I fking hate it when some moron breathes all over you and is unaware that their breath smells like they've just pulled a month old salmon out of their ass and eaten it.

Miserum.... I'm goddam sick of it too!!

I'm angry I tell ya.. angry!!

I know Pug!

Surely some sort of coalition must exist for this. If not... we need to form one!

I propose H.Y.G.I.E.N.E. as the banner we fly under.

Hurt Yelping Gentlepeople Initiating Everlasting Nice brEath

Simple, elegant... one might even dare say sophisticated, probably even genius. But none of that matters. The important thing is that it works.

We will end this plague of plaque.

PugofCrydee

I know Pug!

Surely some sort of coalition must exist for this. If not... we need to form one!

I propose H.Y.G.I.E.N.E. as the banner we fly under.

Hurt Yelping Gentlepeople Initiating Everlasting Nice brEath

Simple, elegant... one might even dare say sophisticated, probably even genius. But none of that matters. The important thing is that it works.

We will end this plague of plaque.

Phoenixx

Exceptionally bad breath is also known as halitosis and is often a side effect of certain medications and can't always be cured by regular brushing. So maybe this person has an unfortunate side effect of a medication they're taking?

Either way regular dental visits would certainly help as they can help track down a solution aside from just regular brushing.

Kiwong

So there some women I don't talk to. I don't like them at all. I have good reasons. Then I hear the gossip" He mustn't like women." Actually I love women, most of my family are women, sisters, cousins, nieces. i like some people and dislike others male and female. It intresting that disliking someone becomes about mysogony, it must be vanity that think they represent the whole female gender

Phoenixx

I'm meeting up with a future employer today for some networking. I'm excited but nervous. I don't know exactly what to expect. We're meeting at a coffee shop, but it's not a job interview or anything. The woman will be my employer in the near future, but for now she wants to find me a place elsewhere before I work under her, which is why we're meeting up to go over networking prospects. Do I bring my laptop to take notes or is that too distracting? What do I wear? Dress like it's an interview even though it's not? Hmmmm....

Miserum

Exceptionally bad breath is also known as halitosis and is often a side effect of certain medications and can't always be cured by regular brushing. So maybe this person has an unfortunate side effect of a medication they're taking?

Either way regular dental visits would certainly help as they can help track down a solution aside from just regular brushing.
I've had cotton mouth from taking ADHD medication (which I no longer take). :confused: Medication is just another exception.

But I believe that smell is more akin to the smell of dehydration, as opposed to the smells that arise from simple bad hygiene. Of course, I have no idea if this is true for all medications. It's possible that certain ones make your breath smell like a rat's ass, I guess. :unsure:

PugofCrydee

I'm meeting up with a future employer today for some networking. I'm excited but nervous. I don't know exactly what to expect. We're meeting at a coffee shop, but it's not a job interview or anything. The woman will be my employer in the near future, but for now she wants to find me a place elsewhere before I work under her, which is why we're meeting up to go over networking prospects. Do I bring my laptop to take notes or is that too distracting? What do I wear? Dress like it's an interview even though it's not? Hmmmm....
That's great Pheonixx :) good luck with it today, but I don't really think you'll need luck.. nerves are normal but I have a feeling you'll do really well.
In regards to the laptop, you could always take it and make the decision to use it a few minutes into the meeting. If you decide you want to take notes you could say ''would you mind if I took a few notes *insert future employers name here*?". I'm sure most employers would see that as a positive thing. (y)

PugofCrydee

So there some women I don't talk to. I don't like them at all. I have good reasons. Then I hear the gossip" He mustn't like women." Actually I love women, most of my family are women, sisters, cousins, nieces. i like some people and dislike others male and female. It intresting that disliking someone becomes about mysogony, it must be vanity that think they represent the whole female gender
Yea I think a major fault of the majority of people is we tend to generalize and thats not good. Whether it be race, gender, sexuality, religious views, dietary preferences, likes & dislikes in general, hairstyles, the way I tie my shoelaces etc etc..