Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

It'll be tough, unless he has options. If he's fixated on Sarah and doesn't date much then he's probably just hanging-around, hoping she'll change her mind.

Some guys will twist anything into a sign that you're into them. Attractive girls who are "too nice" draw men like that in droves.

I'd take a break from hanging out for a few months, just so he doesn't get confused... or confuse himself.
Fountain! I haven’t seen you around in a while - so happy for you that you got a cute little puppy! I hope you are doing well.

I can definitely see what you’re saying here. I really enjoy his friendship, but remain apprehensive because I really feel like he’s in love with me. Yesterday we shared a moment - he has anxiety like me and is possibly bipolar. He pulled me aside at work (we work together) because he was having a break down/panic attack. I sat with him and tried talking him down. He grabbed my hands and was holding them, caressing the tops with his thumbs. We hugged at the end, but it was a real, full body, bury his face in my neck hug. The last time we hung out, he did that thing where he rested his head on his hand that was propped up by his elbow and gave me that look - the “I love you” kind of look. I really hope I am misinterpreting because I want to stay friends.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Thanks, Sarah. :D The puppy's a handful, he wants to chew on everything but his toys. :D

He grabbed my hands and was holding them, caressing the tops with his thumbs. We hugged at the end, but it was a real, full body, bury his face in my neck hug.

I've been a variation of that guy, so I know what I'm talking about. He's going to mistake closeness for intimacy and get fooled into thinking something's there that's not.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
He grabbed my hands and was holding them, caressing the tops with his thumbs. We hugged at the end, but it was a real, full body, bury his face in my neck hug. The last time we hung out, he did that thing where he rested his head on his hand that was propped up by his elbow and gave me that look - the “I love you” kind of look. I really hope I am misinterpreting because I want to stay friends.

Well the more you tell the more the few months of break that fountain mentioned sound absolutely necessary

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
So last week the cardiologist said I have a poorly performing heart valve. Can I still go for a run, I asked. Just don't go too hard, he said . Last two runs I went hard and ran until it hurt. That's how I roll.

I'd do what your doctor says, Kiwong. You had a major medical episode not that long ago, not to mention all the stress your anxiety puts on you.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
What if we... as SA 'sufferers' ... where exactly the mindset that the human race needed to become more emphatic... to consider others more widely.. to include everyone? What if WE were the future of humanity?

How would the world work if we were in control? How would YOU make the world work?

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

Brian - So I assume most ppl on SPW are better people than you guys huh? ( those that are in main stream society)..
Us 'weirdo's'?
Brian - 'Would you do that to me?'
Alison - I don't have any friends..
Brian -'Well if you did'..
Alison - 'No...I don't think the kind of friends I'd have would mind.."
Brian - 'I just want to tell each of you, that I wouldn't do that.. I wouldn't, and I will not.'

Fking beautiful words!
There is so much strength of character in Brian's words.. even though he is a 'nerd'.. he shows so much more strength than the other populars.. and I believe this is how it should be in the real world..

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

What if we... as SA 'sufferers' ... where exactly the mindset that the human race needed to become more emphatic... to consider others more widely.. to include everyone? What if WE were the future of humanity?

How would the world work if we were in control? How would YOU make the world work?

I'd eliminate all humanity and all the dangerous remnants of human society (i.e nuclear plants, radioactive waste, etc) and then let nature reclaim the world and evolution try again once the world had managed to restore itself to a new balance

LoyalXenite

Brian - So I assume most ppl on SPW are better people than you guys huh? ( those that are in main stream society)..
Us 'weirdo's'?
Brian - 'Would you do that to me?'
Alison - I don't have any friends..
Brian -'Well if you did'..
Alison - 'No...I don't think the kind of friends I'd have would mind.."
Brian - 'I just want to tell each of you, that I wouldn't do that.. I wouldn't, and I will not.'

Fking beautiful words!
There is so much strength of character in Brian's words.. even though he is a 'nerd'.. he shows so much much more strength than the other populars.. and I believe this is how it is in the real world..

This movie is so bloody brilliant

Are you sharing or student accom Sarah?
I live with my sister, her husband, and my nephew. This house is really small for 4 people, we don’t have a dishwasher, it’s always dirty, I never get to be alone or watch what I want to watch etc. I don’t do well in communal living situations unless they live similarly to me. No one here has the same standards of cleanliness or courtesy as me (except my sister) and it’s frustrating. Bottom line: I just need to live alone lol.

PugofCrydee

I live with my sister, her husband, and my nephew. This house is really small for 4 people, we don’t have a dishwasher, it’s always dirty, I never get to be alone or watch what I want to watch etc. I don’t do well in communal living situations unless they live similarly to me. No one here has the same standards of cleanliness or courtesy as me (except my sister) and it’s frustrating. Bottom line: I just need to live alone lol.
Oh I'm so the same. I NEED my own space.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Having roommates is the worst, Sarah. Of course, I always had crappy ones. I had a refrigerator Nazi and the guy who needs a wingman every weekend... and then worst of all... my brother; king slob of loser mountain.

I never liked having roommates much either, although in my case I would say it's more of a me issue, *I* am that awful roommate. I'm am not only introverted by a very private person, so someone else constantly in my space (or the idea of them being there any moment) is going to already leave me irritable regardless of how nice, friendly, or conscientious they may be. Stack on top of that how anal and particular I am about the most mundane of things, and you have yourself a good old fashioned neat/control-freak who is always in a bad mood. And that's, you know, before factoring in how me staying in my room all day and failing to follow the most basic social norms must come off as weird and creepy.

So no more roommates unless I know them well and they're able accept me as the neurotic homemaker that I am. :p Which I hope is soon. As nice as my parents are, I am definitely ready to live in a space not inhabited by a hoarder and a scatterbrain.

Last edited: