Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Then show some respect to those of us who don't believe in Christianity and stop talking about it. This is why religion has been blacklisted from conversation topics - it causes waves.
^I wholeheartedly agree! :thumbup:

The views and opinions expressed about Christianity on Social Phobia World are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FountainndFairfax.

giphy.gif

:D

^:giggle:

It is unfortunate that when we actually witness a genuine act of human kindness, in person, some of us just stand there as if we have seen a ghost. lol :p

https://socialphobiaworld.com/site-rules-26653/
Maybe it would be a good idea to keep these thoughts to special religion threads? I know there are some on the forum already, and making a new thread is easy enough to make. I think Sarah is right that these types of conversations causes waves, so maybe keeping it off the most posted in thread may be a good idea. It'll be easier for only the people interested in having a conversation about it to be involved I think.
^ Excellent idea there, vj. :)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Then show some respect to those of us who don't believe in Christianity and stop talking about it. This is why religion has been blacklisted from conversation topics - it causes waves.

Well said Sarah.

People have been basically preaching on here lately but that seems ok.

As soon as someone expresses their opposing views 'we' are the bad ones?

Hypocrites. :thumbdown:

PugofCrydee

Yeah lets just throw the 1st amendment right out the window.

No freedom of speech allowed, folks! -_-

Christianity is actually the most persecuted religion in the world as of 2017 so its no surprise to me that people want it blacklisted anywhere possible.

anyway, feel free to ignore this comment...or dont...Your choice. * shrug *

I'm not in America mate, so I don't have to care about your 1st amendment.
But I do care about everyone's right to free speech (yes even your's Gates.. lol)

I haven't said anything much in regards to the religious posts here lately, I have just scrolled past. But it seems those religious people here can't just 'scroll on by' themselves when it comes to opposing views.

I'm allowed to have my personal views on religion and express them. Just like anyone else.

But please do, make a thread so those who wish to talk religion can do so(irrespective of their views), and those who would prefer not to see it every day don't have to.

Great idea Gates. I see you're not just a pretty face :thumbup:

Hot_Tamale

https://socialphobiaworld.com/site-rules-26653/

I don't feel like we're respecting each other right now guys. I don't think there's anything wrong with all of us having different things we believe in, but I don't think treating each other like this is helping.

Maybe it would be a good idea to keep these thoughts to special religion threads? I know there are some on the forum already, and making a new thread is easy enough to make. I think Sarah is right that these types of conversations causes waves, so maybe keeping it off the most posted in thread may be a good idea. It'll be easier for only the people interested in having a conversation about it to be involved I think.

I know I feel off put when reading a string of posts like the ones above me, and it makes it harder to talk about other things. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, maybe I am and if I am over-reacting I apologize.
I agree. I think you put it well. There should be separate threads for such topics. It makes it harder for me too because afterwards I can't escape the feeling I've rubbed someone the wrong way. And if I offended anyone...again, sorry.

AtTheGates

Banned
I agree. I think you put it well. There should be separate threads for such topics. It makes it harder for me too because afterwards I can't escape the feeling I've rubbed someone the wrong way. And if I offended anyone...again, sorry.

I agree as well!

If someone feels the need to debate someone because of their religious beliefs then either do it through a PM or specific thread.

and if someone posts something religious that a another person doesnt like, then they can just ignore it. Sounds fair enough, no?

Because basically if I talk about my beliefs and someone challenges me on it i'm GOING to prove my point (and win).

Thats just how I am. * shrug *

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

I agree as well!

If someone feels the need to debate someone because of their religious beliefs then either do it through a PM or specific thread.

and if someone posts something religious that a another person doesnt like, then they can just ignore it. Sounds fair enough, no?

Because basically if I talk about my beliefs and someone challenges me on it i'm GOING to prove my point (and win).

Thats just how I am. * shrug *

Oh Gates.. are you for real??? Seriously man..

you're saying people can just scroll past when you post your stuff, but when others want to talk about their stuff they should do it in another thread or pm?.. That's ignorant and disrespectful to everyone here.

Oh, and you haven't won a single argument/point on religion.

Now about that thread you said you were going to make.. or are you just all talk?

End of line.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Okay, that's enough. The next person to continue debating religion or continuing the discussion in any way in this thread gets banned for a while. This is the random thoughts thread. Someone wants to start a thread about religion? Sure. Just keep to the rules.

I don't think starting a new thread about religion is an especially good idea though. Those almost always get locked because--just like in this thread--people get more and more emotional about them until people are actually violating the rule about respect and it's up to Remus and I to determined precisely where someone crossed the line using our best judgement.

My opinions? I thought it was bad form when PugofCrydee posted criticisms of religion in the prayer thread. Not against the rules, just bad form. Like a less extreme version of crashing a funeral and declaring that grandma isn't going to heaven, she's just rotting there in the ground being eaten by worms. It was a thread for people trying to comfort each other whether prayer works or not.

On the other hand, this post:

Christianity has been around for about 2,000 years. People have persecuted and murdered christians COUNTLESS times in history and yet its still here. Opposing factions have tried to destroy christianity throughout the years but its still going strong. Its literally EVERYwhere. Time itself is based on the birth and death of Jesus (B.C. -Before Christ A.D. -After death), not to mention the gregorian calendar and if you walk down just about ANY sidewalk for long enough you'll eventually se a street name , hospital, or other building based on christianity .

And those are just a few examples.

Christianity is so engrained into western civilization that you cant get rid of it. It even lasted through the bubonic plague when around 50% of europe's population was wiped out. It lasted through the fall of Rome AND through the french revolution also. It will remain constant meanwhile trends and fads will come and go. God was here at the beginning and he will still be here at the end, whether people chose to believe it or not.

There literally nothing that can be done to christianity ( as a whole) that opposing factions havent already tried to do. I mean if the whole planet were to suddenly explode then that might do it but other than that. lol

*rant over*

53031.png

This was in a neutral thread and practically daring anyone with an opposing view to argue. This wasn't against the rules either but what followed was entirely predictable. No different than an atheist posting a rant about how great atheism is and how religion will inevitably die off--that would triggered the same debate, which would also have inevitably escalated.

I don't see additional debate between you two going anywhere good.

If anyone wants to discuss this, pm me.

Hot_Tamale

He DID get banned. I just looked at his profile.
Wow...that makes no sense. Not even ONE warning? It takes two people to argue and ATG wasn't the only one in the middle of it. It's not fair he's the only one getting banned for this. If you're reading this Mod then ban me too. I'm a Christian myself and I considered ATG a friend. Ban me then before I start another argument. I mean it. Ban every Christian on the forum why don't you.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Wow...that makes no sense. Not even ONE warning? It takes two people to argue and ATG wasn't the only one in the middle of it. It's not fair he's the only one getting banned for this. If you're reading this Mod then ban me too. I'm a Christian myself and I considered ATG a friend. Ban me then before I start another argument. I mean it. Ban every Christian on the forum why don't you.

1. Wulfgar was AtTheGates.

2. He lied about why he was banned. He was banned for a now deleted post, which was his 3rd rule violation in addition to previous warnings on various other subjects. His entire argument about this being a persecution of Christians is also a lie.

rule 9 said:
9. Moderating No arguing with moderating actions in open forum. Posting about moderation actions in the public forums constitutes a violation.
You've just violated rule 9.

4. I said anyone continuing this discussion in any way would be banned and I meant it.

PugofCrydee

I was told at work last night that Australia has something like a total of 26 public (maybe including state) holidays each year. We even have one for a freaking horse race lol.

Not that I'm complaining.. :)

PugofCrydee

I just read that Julian Assange had the internet cut off by the Ecuadorian Government for posting disruptive things.. imagine how bored he would be, holed up in a tiny building unable to leave with no net.. lol. That guy never learns.

Last edited:

grapevine

I just watched Bridget Jones's Baby - not exactly a film Id go for but it was quite a good chick flick comedy esp for those 30 and over.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I just finished watching jeopardy, and one of the constants was very much my type of awkward. By that I don't mean she's my "type" (although I did find her cute and nerdy in all the right ways :inlove:) but that she was awkward in a way that was like the way that I tend to be awkward. Like her voice sounded a little restrained, like she's been trying to talk and not talk for the last 15 years. And a couple times she'd start to say something, and it would immediately turn into a mumble as she realized she didn't exactly have anything to say. I was just watching her and felt I could relate very much.

Why am I so astonished at how incredibly addictive YouTube can be?

I know it is tweaked to perfection, to keep the person clicking away, again and again and again, but geez. :eek:h:
It's like your brain has been taken over by another being and you just can't stop watching another one.....just one more!!!....then I'll stop. Promise.
...1 hour later. :blushing: :kickingmyself: