Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I sooo miss being able to have a nice, relaxing shower.
It's been a whole year now since I have been able to have a shower. :crying:

It's a case of "You don't know how much you love something, until you lose it"

Wish I had a friend or two close by so I could ask them if I could come over their house to have a nice, long shower. Would bring them some dinner to compensate for using their hot water etc.

Just for the record; I have had baths for the last year, lol. But it is not the same. I honestly don't know how people can possibly find a bath relaxing? Could anyone enlighten me on that?

Oh, I had to move.
Rents are so insane here, I have to put up with the shower not working properly to be able to stay in this cheap rental. Heaps of other desperate people applied to rent this place, I was extremely lucky to get it.

So there's no water coming out at all? Or no hot water?
When i turn my shower to warm, i get more of a trickle than a spray, but i can shower with that.

I like the sound of 26 better :bigsmile:
Many scholarly people predicted in the 1970's/early 80's that with the invention of industrial machinery, and computers etc that we would all be working less and less.
What a gigantic "Fail" in future predictions that was! :eek:mg:

I read an article about a scientific study with laboratory rats where they were testing the comparative addictive properties of both sugar and cocaine.

The rats that had been purposely made addicted to cocaine were then given a choice, having both sugar and cocaine available to them in their cage.

Over time the rats that had been addicted to cocaine where observed to be actually preferring the sugar!! :eek:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
giphy.gif

Life update: Today marks the start of a new term - my final term until fall - hurray. This will probably be my hardest term yet and I will enievidably be kissing my 4.0 goodbye *tears*. Math is no longer pass or fail and biology is like a mega class (difficult class with labs). Although I feel like biology is my favorite subject because
bill-nye-film-4.gif
, I am definitely scared.

I just need to focus and kick as much *** as possible.
p4kb9.jpg

In other news, driving is getting easier! I am happy to report that I am doing what humans do best: evolving. I am finally wanting to drive - huzzah. Look out fellow drivers, a new overly cautious, helmet wearing g-ma driver is about to enter a roadway near you!

I am moving into a house soon, like, a real house not an apartment, I will have a car and driver's license within a month, I am going on a trip in June with my whole family, someone wants to be my friend, I am feeling stronger in terms of defeating my anxiety every day and I will have successfully completed my first year of college all by this summer. Things are looking up for me and I honestly feel like my future looks very bright. I know I still face challenges ahead, both academic and interpersonal, but I can do it.

Something that has really helped me a lot that I want to leave you guys with is this: Life will not get better or change if you don't make changes. Our brains are very plastic - this means that they can change. If you continue to cater to your anxiety and fears, it will only strengthen those neural pathways - thus strengthening the fear. However, if you make yourself do the things that scare you, with prolonged exposure (like, every day), it will create new neural pathways that will strengthen and the old ones will eventually weaken and disappear.

Another thing that helps is meditation. My psychology teacher said that 5 minutes of meditation a day will make you a happier person. I really hope that whomever reads this finds something useful that can help them - I sincerely want everyone to live their best life.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
bill-nye-film-4.gif

Another thing that helps is meditation. My psychology teacher said that 5 minutes of meditation a day will make you a happier person. I really hope that whomever reads this finds something useful that can help them - I sincerely want everyone to live their best life.

You go girl! :thumbup:
I've often thought about meditation but never actually given it a real shot.

But today... thanks to your post - I'm going to start with 5 minutes a day.

Kiwong

When my anxiety says avoid I do the opposite, I expose myself to fearful situations. It is working.

I have become so socially isolated that my social skills have fallen to zero. The only way to rebuild social skills is to practice being in social situations as fearful as they are. The more times I do it the less the fear gets.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
What's with the newly-pathetic tiny embedded youtube videos?. Is it to cut hosting costs?. It means to see it at a decent size, one must go to youtube.
:question:

It might be to help the site load faster, the youtube videos always tended to slow down my computer.