Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I look forward to feeling that way too later in life, where it barely registers. Thanks for a little hope.

I'm... glad I could help.

giphy.gif

Aaahh, this damn mac keyboard! Copy/paste/undo use the command key, yet to go to next/previous word you have to use the alt/option key. All of these functions use the control key on standard windows pc's. It's gonna take a while to master the dumb mac keyboard. Also, delete is actually backspace, and there's no actual delete key then! How dumb is that. With apple/mac, everything is SO dumbed down, that it becomes HARDER to use, as you can't find/use what you want easily/readily; they try to HIDE everything from the user.

Kiwong

I often have my colleagues yell at me to stop. Stop what? It is always indirect.
Would they yell at someone to stop having OCD or Schizophrenia? Perhaps if they wanted to articulate intelligently what they want me stop.

lily

if they're telling you to stop being anxious then they just don't understand, i know it can be annoying. i once before was told on the lines of 'why don't you look at me? it's what people do'. they're ignorant

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Can ye install a 32 bit Windows OS on a laptop if you totally wipe the C drive which previously had Windows 64 bit on it? :question: :thinking: :idontknow:

Last edited:
I'm sick. I was feeling fine all weekend and then out of nowhere my throat and ears started hurting. I feel worse than I did last night, but at least I have sick time I can use. I also don't have to work until Friday, but I still have school tomorrow. I hope I feel better by then - I have to go regardless.

I saw my endocrinologist last week and he told me to go low-carb with my eating to help with my hormones. I don't know that I want to go so low-carb that I do the keto diet because I have heard that women lose their curves if they consume too few of carbohydrates - I was thinking more of 45-50 carbs/day versus 20-25 carbs/day. I am a vegan and I really didn't realize how high carb my diet was until recently. I mean, it's kind of crazy. I don't even eat bad food either - dried fruit, quinoa, beans, oats, rice - all of that is insanely high carb. I mean for 2.5 dried pineapple rings, nothing added, just dried pineapple, 29 carbohydrates - WTF?! Anyway, I am kind of looking forward to the challenge and also the health benefits of my new diet. There won't be much outside of tofu, veggies and nut butters that I can actually eat, but I hope it's worth it.

lilly354

I was getting overwhelmed today over things I can't control. Funny how those things seem to stir up the most issues for me. It took me several hours before I calmed down. After my husband got home I felt better. Between the gun shooting, family drama, and health scares.. I just been a nervous wreck.

Can ye install a 32 bit Windows OS on a laptop if you totally wipe the C drive which previously had Windows 64 bit on it? :question: :thinking: :idontknow:

I don't see why not. Or do you have to format it as 32-bit?. I don't THINK you need to. Try it & see. But why are ye trying to install WinXP, as its outdated technology now (?)

I'm sick. I was feeling fine all weekend and then out of nowhere my throat and ears started hurting. I feel worse than I did last night, but at least I have sick time I can use. I also don't have to work until Friday, but I still have school tomorrow. I hope I feel better by then - I have to go regardless.

Oh, poor you!. Did you pick up a bug in hostipal?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I don't see why not. Or do you have to format it as 32-bit?. I don't THINK you need to. Try it & see.

Aye. Doesn't it usually format the disc during installation? :question:

But why are ye trying to install WinXP, as its outdated technology now (?)

Recently bought a 2nd hand thermal CD/DVD printer, but it only runs on Windows XP. I'm just refurbishing my spare laptop to run it which previous had Windows 7 64 bit on it.

Aye. Doesn't it usually format the disc during installation? :question:

I don't know. Can't remember the last time i installed an OS. Many years ago, if ever, so i can't recall what the install process was. I think i've updated an OS (eg from Win98SE to WinXP, probably with the help of a real computer geek), but aside from that, i've never believed in reinstalling OS's; there's sth about it that i don't like; perhaps as you then have to reinstall all your programs & settings (i have hundreds); just seems like a hell of a lot of work (to get all your stuff back the way it was more-or-less), when the reinstall might have negligible benefits (like i preferred win98se over winxp, & preferred winxp over win7).

Recently bought a 2nd hand thermal CD/DVD printer, but it only runs on Windows XP. I'm just refurbishing my spare laptop to run it which previous had Windows 7 64 bit on it.

That's a good idea!. Just use an old pc with an older OS, rather than try to use a virtual machine or OS emulator, which would slow-down the pc heaps. Makes me think of doing that with my old scanner, which works fine, but only on win98se OS.