Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

maxresdefault.jpg

I play this game for hours a day. Have done so for past ~decade. What a "sad" life i have.

Hot_Tamale

I'm getting more and more spooked by my upcoming exam the closer it gets. I'm betting that A LOT rides on my becoming certified for the first time in my field and no matter how much I study the book and take practice exams it still isn't enough...every time I see a nurse, or I see a personal trainer, or a fitness guru I feel like a little mouse running into a mammoth. Come test day I will try to remember the immortal words of the character from the movie Dumb and Dumber..."Kick his a$$ Sea-bass" and apply it to this situation. The day I am shooting for is some time in March this year.

I'm getting more and more spooked by my upcoming exam the closer it gets. I'm betting that A LOT rides on my becoming certified for the first time in my field and no matter how much I study the book and take practice exams it still isn't enough...every time I see a nurse, or I see a personal trainer, or a fitness guru I feel like a little mouse running into a mammoth. Come test day I will try to remember the immortal words of the character from the movie Dumb and Dumber..."Kick his a$$ Sea-bass" and apply it to this situation. The day I am shooting for is some time in March this year.

What exactly will you be doing after you pass your exam, if you don't mind me asking?
I know that the anxiety can be all consuming (been there, done that, got the t-shirt), but you've got this. The knowledge is in there - you just need to access it come test day.
I have a story for you: Each time I have practiced parking in my car port, I have parked crooked and my sister had to fix it. I was starting to get really defeated, but then I stopped over thinking it and just did it and guess what? I parked completely straight, like, perfect parking job. So, that said, you can do this :)

Hot_Tamale

What exactly will you be doing after you pass your exam, if you don't mind me asking?
I know that the anxiety can be all consuming (been there, done that, got the t-shirt), but you've got this. The knowledge is in there - you just need to access it come test day.
I have a story for you: Each time I have practiced parking in my car port, I have parked crooked and my sister had to fix it. I was starting to get really defeated, but then I stopped over thinking it and just did it and guess what? I parked completely straight, like, perfect parking job. So, that said, you can do this :)
It's called a "certified strength & conditioning spe******t" exam (CSCS). Since you're from Oregon it would be like a trainer for the Portland Trail Blazers taking one of the players and developing an exercise program for him, like which exercises he should do and when to do them over 6 months, making sure he stays hydrated, and eats the right foods so he can hit his goals. Or like working with other trainers to help create an exercise schedule for a high school cross country running team. But a whole bunch of people with this certification work at places like Planet Fitness, Gold's Gym, etc.

It's good you learned how to drive and had your sister with you, that's awesome. It's always helpful to have someone there showing you the steps and helping correct errors. I'll have to go on Amazon and look for that t-shirt..ha!

Edit: Why is it censoring out the word "special-i-s-t"?

Last edited:

Hot_Tamale

I love the old Looney Toons scenes where Yosemite Sam jumps up and yells "Great horny toads" :D :D That's what I'm going to say if I pass my exam haha.

Last edited:
It's called a "certified strength & conditioning spe******t" exam (CSCS). Since you're from Oregon it would be like a trainer for the Portland Trail Blazers taking one of the players and developing an exercise program for him, like which exercises he should do and when to do them over 6 months, making sure he stays hydrated, and eats the right foods so he can hit his goals. Or like working with other trainers to help create an exercise schedule for a high school cross country running team. But a whole bunch of people with this certification work at places like Planet Fitness, Gold's Gym, etc.

It's good you learned how to drive and had your sister with you, that's awesome. It's always helpful to have someone there showing you the steps and helping correct errors. I'll have to go on Amazon and look for that t-shirt..ha!

Edit: Why is it censoring out the word "special-i-s-t"?

Oh, okay. I love Planet Fitness - that's my gym. You must be in really good shape then if you studied it. Haha, I think they still have some on Amazon :p

I am just thankful my sister is willing to let me drive her brand new car. Although, it does add an additional element of anxiety. That's weird that it censored you - I don't know what that's about.

Hot_Tamale

This is going to be GOOD. :popcorn:

Jeff Sessions sued by 12-year-old girl with epilepsy who wants to legalize medical marijuana - ABC News

The court hearing starts tommorow at 12pm eastern time.

It'll be interesting to see her mop the floor with him (Jeff Sessions )
If I read the article correctly, the girl's lawsuit contends that she wants to attend a college in Texas but cannot because she'll be arrested for using medical cannabis? Lighting up is legal in 29 states with a doctor consent form. There isn't a single college campus in those 29 states that's good enough for her or is there more to the girl's lawsuit?

States where marijuana is legal - BI

AtTheGates

Banned
If I read the article correctly, the girl's lawsuit contends that she wants to attend a college in Texas but cannot because she'll be arrested for using medical cannabis? Lighting up is legal in 29 states with a doctor consent form. There isn't a single college campus in those 29 states that's good enough for her or is there more to the girl's lawsuit?

States where marijuana is legal - BI

I think there IS something more to it. Its possible that she's trying to make a point about the larger issue at hand (federal legalization)

Hot_Tamale

Valentine's Day. The one day out of the year that tries to make me feel like a pile of cow turds for not being in a relationship. Guess what...it isn't going to work this year. If I want to feel like crap it can wait until my birthday.

There's a true story of one man in Europe that once bought every other seat in a certain movie theatre just to be spiteful and keep couples one seat apart from each other. I chuckle because it sounds like a stunt I would pull if I were filthy rich.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
There's a true story of one man in Europe that once bought every other seat in a certain movie theatre just to be spiteful and keep couples one seat apart from each other. I chuckle because it sounds like a stunt I would pull if I were filthy rich.

Ha ha, that's great.

I've aged past most of those lonely Valentine feelings now. I see people buying that stuff and it barely even registers anymore.