Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I rather dislike it when people claim that this planet is ''ours''. This isn't true, Earth doesn't belong to us, we belong to it. Think about it, without us, Earth would be just fine. Other way around however, not such a big success. For that reason I think a bit of respect is in order.

Earth belongs as much to us, as we belong to the bacteria on our body.

MikeyC

So I'm going to fill up with petrol and as I'm pulling into the petrol station, I see a huge petrol truck reversing, trying to get in position to fill the bowsers. I ended up waiting out on the road so he had ample room to move. Once he was in position I went in and started filling my car. As I'm doing that, the truck driver comes up to me and says, "thank you for waiting. Not many people would've done that." I said, "no problem, man."

I'm still depressed, but that tiny exchange of kind words to me made me feel like I made a difference in someone's day, and that is all I can ask for.

Nathália

I hate mowing the front lawn since our Polish or Slovakian (not sure which, I've made out a few words, but it could be either...) neighbours moved in earlier this year...

The man stands out the front frequently throughout the day with their young child (I'd guess she's close to a year old.). He doesn't seem to speak a word of English other than "hello", but he will stand there and point at our dog when we go for a walk, usually saying "woowooowooowoowoo" to the child. He'll let her wander all over other people's gardens and just stand watching... And today whilst we were mowing the lawn he stood watching and pointing at me (and my husband), whilst babbling to the baby... I'm sure that would be uncomfortable for anyone, but with social phobia it's unbearable! That was after he'd walked past and said "Hello" whilst waving and encouraging the child to wave too... Last week he came right over to the garden and just stood watching my husband weeding the flower bed - literally a couple of feet from him - whilst he pointed at him and babbled to the child... I tried to ignore it and continue mowing the lawn - feeling terribly uncomfortable as I did so...

Come on! That's bad manners, surely?! Nobody in their right mind behaves like that... do they? o_O

It wouldn't be quite so bad if he was trying to interact with us... But he doesn't... He just says "Hello" then babbles away to the child whilst pointing... It's rather unnerving... Oh and the other day he was in the field we usually go through for our walk.. He stood waving madly at us... We waved back then hurried on our way...

How on Earth are you supposed to respond to someone who acts like that?!

It really doesn't help that I get so uncomfortable with people looking at me. *Sigh*

So sorry. Sorry that he makes you uncomfortable. Where I'm from it's not uncommon for people to sit on their front porch all day. IDK why he acts that way though. ::(:

I rather dislike it when people claim that this planet is ''ours''. This isn't true, Earth doesn't belong to us, we belong to it. Think about it, without us, Earth would be just fine. Other way around however, not such a big success. For that reason I think a bit of respect is in order.

Earth belongs as much to us, as we belong to the bacteria on our body.

We are the Earth. Everything we are. When we say our farewells, we become one with it again.

1BlackSheep

An old co-worker of mine stood in line next to Mark Zuckerberg at a Mexican restaurant yesterday. She was tempted to post something on his wall while there, but decided against it - lol! ::p:

Nathália

So I'm going to fill up with petrol and as I'm pulling into the petrol station, I see a huge petrol truck reversing, trying to get in position to fill the bowsers. I ended up waiting out on the road so he had ample room to move. Once he was in position I went in and started filling my car. As I'm doing that, the truck driver comes up to me and says, "thank you for waiting. Not many people would've done that." I said, "no problem, man."

I'm still depressed, but that tiny exchange of kind words to me made me feel like I made a difference in someone's day, and that is all I can ask for.

5+ for Mikey C.

Why am I still up? Everyone else is sleeping and I'm sitting here feeling kind of down.

I watched some Little House on the Prairie (the movie) with my mother... Egads, the acting can be bad, and so dramatic. But it was still cute. I really like movies that take place in bygone eras.

I remember when my mom read the books to me when I was a child... *sigh* really miss those days...

I hope you feel better now. Oh yes, I love old shows too.

An old co-worker of mine stood in line next to Mark Zuckerberg at a Mexican restaurant yesterday. She was tempted to post something on his wall while there, but decided against it - lol! ::p:

Super Coooool. :D
I heard it's not uncommon to see celebrities in California?

We are the Earth. Everything we are. When we say our farewells, we become one with it again.

Or at least, we're a overlapping system of it. And with ''we'' I mean all living creatures. Vegetation would be another example of a overlapping system. We, as people, could technically leave Earth and be ''independent'' if we wanted to, but then we are still heavily dependent on Earth's, or another planet's, resources. So there's always a tie to it.

We're more dependent on Earth, then Earth is on us. In this particular context ''we'' and ''us'' I'm referring to people specifically. Since the planet does need creatures in general to support its eco system. But it doesn't need humans specifically for that.

I just mean as a species that claims to own the planet by birth right, we're extremely dependent on it.

Flanscho

Content, because I got several compliments from my boss today on my work.

Curious, because the Spiel will take place soon. It's the worlds largest board and card game faire. :D And the geek I am, that's a huge event. Some friends and I will spend there a day.

Nervous, because I don't ignore my birthday this year. Since I dislike parties, we'll have a board and card game afternoon/evening instead (see a pattern?). It's some weeks until then, but it makes me nervous already. All those people... How many will suddenly have no time? Do those who show up really want to, or do they feel forced? We will see...

MikeyC

We're more dependent on Earth, then Earth is on us ... I just mean as a species that claims to own the planet by birth right, we're extremely dependent on it.
Too right. The Earth could hold us for ransom if it wanted to, and it kind of does with natural disasters. I see its plan....

MikeyC

Nervous, because I don't ignore my birthday this year. Since I dislike parties, we'll have a board and card game afternoon/evening instead (see a pattern?). It's some weeks until then, but it makes me nervous already. All those people... How many will suddenly have no time? Do those who show up really want to, or do they feel forced? We will see...
I hope it's a success and people turn up. The fear of no friends turning up and the party being a fizzer are two large reasons why I've never had a birthday party.

Nathália

Or at least, we're a overlapping system of it. And with ''we'' I mean all living creatures. Vegetation would be another example of a overlapping system. We, as people, could technically leave Earth and be ''independent'' if we wanted to, but then we are still heavily dependent on Earth's, or another planet's, resources. So there's always a tie to it.

We're more dependent on Earth, then Earth is on us. In this particular context ''we'' and ''us'' I'm referring to people specifically. Since the planet does need creatures in general to support its eco system. But it doesn't need humans specifically for that.

I just mean as a species that claims to own the planet by birth right, we're extremely dependent on it.

I am agree with you. No one owns anything and everything is mother nature and apart of it. If I was wiped out right now so be it, I die go into the ground, ashes spread rot, whatever. Stuff still will go on. It goes for everything. Rocks, water, chemicals, etc. How we got here was by things from outer space that made this planet what it was. Nothing belongs to no one we just are here like everything else and we just experience it because we happen to be made out of the things that the Earth is. Everything on the Earth makes a contribution to the planet somehow.

Flanscho

I hope it's a success and people turn up. The fear of no friends turning up and the party being a fizzer are two large reasons why I've never had a birthday party.

Thanks. Seems so far that four closer friends have time and will show up. That would be already enough for me. Not enough for a party, but for board games.

Srijita52

Content, because I got several compliments from my boss today on my work.

Curious, because the Spiel will take place soon. It's the worlds largest board and card game faire. :D And the geek I am, that's a huge event. Some friends and I will spend there a day.

Good luck and I'm glad you got compliments. :)

Beatmetrics

Truth is some of us end up f*****d in the relationship department of our life's and blessed in the others...just how things go ...let go of your hope of relating to someone and don't fall for the idea that love will just walk up to you.

I did not know that Roald Dahl was married to Patricia Neal o_O

Actually I didn't even know who Patricia Neal was until yesterday, so I was even more surprised that she was married to the author.

Phoenixx

Hm, didn't do so well on my history quiz. :/ Still passed, but I didn't get a great score. My professor changed the online setup again and this time he made it so you have a half hour to answer 20 questions, and if you answer a question and move on, you can't go back to change your answer. I kind of understand why he's doing this, to prevent cheating, but when I'm stuck between two answers on a question, I have to stop and think about it for 5 mins. or so. I felt rushed with each question, trying to answer them as fast as I could while also trying to think about it but not take forever. Then by the time I was done I still had 7 minutes left. :rolleyes:

MikeyC

Hm, didn't do so well on my history quiz. :/ Still passed, but I didn't get a great score. My professor changed the online setup again and this time he made it so you have a half hour to answer 20 questions, and if you answer a question and move on, you can't go back to change your answer. I kind of understand why he's doing this, to prevent cheating, but when I'm stuck between two answers on a question, I have to stop and think about it for 5 mins. or so. I felt rushed with each question, trying to answer them as fast as I could while also trying to think about it but not take forever. Then by the time I was done I still had 7 minutes left. :rolleyes:
Congratulations on passing, even though the pressure was on.