Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

Spent a lot of time in the car with my friend today, travelling to and from Sydney, and it didn't suck. :) Wouldn't mind some alone-time for recharging, but straight to work!

Valhalla

I finally finished my assignment, took me an entire day and I still had to do a big part of it today. But now I'm free - for the moment. I checked the schedule and have a bigger or equally difficult task ahead of me, and I strongly suspect I wont me able to just send that in.

Called the f***ing company that has been delaying and overcomplicating the broadband I'm starting to fade the hope of getting. I know this is far from over ... I mean, why would they just give it to me and put a little work behind all the money I'll be giving them? What a ridiculous thought.

My senile neighbour is aggrivating me, he looks through the window, that the landlord and janitor still hasn't finished, in what seems as an inspection - but I suspect he's trying to discover something wrong with me so he can confront me. He went and pulled my room's doorhandle - why? What if it was unlocked? Was he just going to walk right in and look at the other side of the unfinished window? He hasn't even said "hello" to me, just been complaining. F***ing d***head. I don't care how old he is, this isn't the grumpy old man you at least can exchange words with, and be delighted over what things he thought was better before. Or even better perhaps: just agreeing that we wont talk and interact in any way, without the unnecessary attitude and behaviour. This is one of those waste of people that keeps getting in your way. Him, and everyone in this house are really irritating me.

So now I have a long weekend, plus the rest of this day off. I should be cleaning and do other things. But I don't know. I'm so exhausted, angry and restless. I should be out walking, and exploring, but I'm too depressed and tired to do that. Since the company, of whom you know my not so very positive opinion on, wont give me my real Internet when I have the time and would have the most use of it this time either, I'm actually thinking of starting that awful f***ing assignment beforehand, and maybe the coming week wont be as stressfull.

Last edited:

Nathália

I finally finished my assignment, took me an entire day and I still had to do a big part of it today. But now I'm free - for the moment. I checked the schedule and have a bigger or equally difficult task ahead of me, and I strongly suspect I wont me able to just send that in.

Called the f***ing company that has been delaying and overcomplicating the broadband I'm starting to fade the hope of getting. I know this is far from over ... I mean, why would they just give it to me and put a little work behind all the money I'll be giving them? What a ridiculous thought.

My senile neighbour is aggrivating me, he looks through the window, that the landlord and janitor still hasn't finished, in what seems as an inspection - but I suspect he's trying to discover something wrong with me so he can confront me. He went and pulled my room's doorhandle - why? What if it was unlocked? Was he just going to walk right in and look at the other side of the unfinished window? He hasn't even said "hello" to me, just been complaining. F***ing d***head. I don't care how old he is, this isn't the grumpy old man you at least can exchange words with, and be delighted over what things he thought was better before. Or even better perhaps: just agreeing that we wont talk and interact in any way, without the unnecessary attitude and behaviour. This is one of those waste of people that keeps getting in your way. Him, and everyone in this house are really irritating me.

So now I have a long weekend, plus the rest of this day off. I should be cleaning and do other things. But I don't know. I'm so exhausted, angry and restless. I should be out walking, and exploring, but I'm too depressed and tired to do that. Since the company, of whom you know my not so very positive opinion on, wont give me my real Internet when I have the time and would have the most use of it this time either, I'm actually thinking of starting that awful f***ing assignment beforehand, and maybe the coming week wont be as stressfull.

Aw, too bad you're going through a hard time! That does seem very stressful to work on such a large assignment. I hope the coming week is less stressful too.

KiaKaha

Banned
Do you think people stay in jobs that they are not particularly happy with for years and years because they are too anxious to start something new and unfamiliar?
The stress of starting a new job, a new environment and new people prevent people from moving on?

Do you think that this is true?

Valhalla

Aw, too bad you're going through a hard time! That does seem very stressful to work on such a large assignment. I hope the coming week is less stressful too.

Thanks, maybe it's not so hard as I describe it as, don't want to try to overshadow anyone else, but I feel bad, and have been doing so in bigger and smaller ways for some, or a long, time now. I was overworking the assignment mainly so I wouldn't haft to speak and do half of it in a group work.

Last edited:

coyote

Do you think people stay in jobs that they are not particularly happy with for years and years because they are too anxious to start something new and unfamiliar?
The stress of starting a new job, a new environment and new people prevent people from moving on?

yes, i know this is true because i've done it myself

Starry

I hate mowing the front lawn since our Polish or Slovakian (not sure which, I've made out a few words, but it could be either...) neighbours moved in earlier this year...

The man stands out the front frequently throughout the day with their young child (I'd guess she's close to a year old.). He doesn't seem to speak a word of English other than "hello", but he will stand there and point at our dog when we go for a walk, usually saying "woowooowooowoowoo" to the child. He'll let her wander all over other people's gardens and just stand watching... And today whilst we were mowing the lawn he stood watching and pointing at me (and my husband), whilst babbling to the baby... I'm sure that would be uncomfortable for anyone, but with social phobia it's unbearable! That was after he'd walked past and said "Hello" whilst waving and encouraging the child to wave too... Last week he came right over to the garden and just stood watching my husband weeding the flower bed - literally a couple of feet from him - whilst he pointed at him and babbled to the child... I tried to ignore it and continue mowing the lawn - feeling terribly uncomfortable as I did so...

Come on! That's bad manners, surely?! Nobody in their right mind behaves like that... do they? o_O

It wouldn't be quite so bad if he was trying to interact with us... But he doesn't... He just says "Hello" then babbles away to the child whilst pointing... It's rather unnerving... Oh and the other day he was in the field we usually go through for our walk.. He stood waving madly at us... We waved back then hurried on our way...

How on Earth are you supposed to respond to someone who acts like that?!

It really doesn't help that I get so uncomfortable with people looking at me. *Sigh*

MikeyC

I think it is.

The man stands out the front frequently throughout the day with their young child (I'd guess she's close to a year old.). He doesn't seem to speak a word of English other than "hello", but he will stand there and point at our dog when we go for a walk, usually saying "woowooowooowoowoo" to the child. He'll let her wander all over other people's gardens and just stand watching... And today whilst we were mowing the lawn he stood watching and pointing at me (and my husband), whilst babbling to the baby... I'm sure that would be uncomfortable for anyone, but with social phobia it's unbearable! That was after he'd walked past and said "Hello" whilst waving and encouraging the child to wave too... Last week he came right over to the garden and just stood watching my husband weeding the flower bed - literally a couple of feet from him - whilst he pointed at him and babbled to the child... I tried to ignore it and continue mowing the lawn - feeling terribly uncomfortable as I did so...
Yeah, I would be never going outside if that was me. :/

Starry

^ I know, I wouldn't go out but for the fact we NEED to mow the lawn, and usually we try to avoid going for a walk when he's out there, but he often appears from nowhere...

Oooohhhh... New neighbours are moving in right now... Pity, it's getting dark so I can't be nosey and try to see what they're like...

JuiceB

I must admit that I have though I am searching for something new. I know my job so there's usually nothing new to learn. Jump on the forklift. Pull this order, load these trucks and unload those other trucks. Sometimes I have to ride on a truck to help make a delivery which is the hard part because most of these guys are immature. For the most part its very basic stuff. I have been at this job since 2001.

But it is stressing me out more and more so I trying to find something different but along the same lines. Having to deal with the idiot supervisors and a boss who doesn't believe in spending money to benefit his own company is getting to me. The guys they've hired now are more selfish than ever. And the company itself seems to do everything they can to make it harder on employees.

Time to find something new. I don't have alot of skills so it's hard for me.

GhastlyCC

Today my shoulder popped out of place while I was protecting one of my dog's from my drunken father.
Yep.
I have a great family.

Somebody please save me.

MikeyC

Oooohhhh... New neighbours are moving in right now... Pity, it's getting dark so I can't be nosey and try to see what they're like...
When we moved in 10 years ago into this place, everyone was outside watching us. That was unnerving. Do your neighbours a favour and peek from inside. :)

Today my shoulder popped out of place while I was protecting one of my dog's from my drunken father.
Yep.
I have a great family.

Somebody please save me.
I'm sorry. How awful. ::(:

I want a top hat.. Not only because it's, obviously, the latest fashion, it can also easily contain my hair when my flailing 'do gets on my nerves. Seriously, why are long body covering capes and top hats out of style? They're quite honestly two of the very few clothing types I'd love to wear.

Entangled

I want a top hat.. Not only because it's, obviously, the latest fashion, it can also easily contain my hair when my flailing 'do gets on my nerves. Seriously, why are long body covering capes and top hats out of style? They're quite honestly two of the very few clothing types I'd love to wear.

I agree with this!!

GhoulsNightOut

That snack bar tasted like really crunchy styrofoam with a hint of banana. But it's raw, certified organic, and contains only 4 ingredients, so yay!

Why am I still up? Everyone else is sleeping and I'm sitting here feeling kind of down.

I watched some Little House on the Prairie (the movie) with my mother... Egads, the acting can be bad, and so dramatic. But it was still cute. I really like movies that take place in bygone eras.

I remember when my mom read the books to me when I was a child... *sigh* really miss those days...

razzle dazzle rose

Yup. This applies to relationships too.

I hated the last job I had. I stayed there for years. Finally my boss laid me off. Now I have been unemployed for two years. I am too anxious I suppose to look for jobs, though I have applied to a couple. Though I don't take much action, it is all I can think about most days.