Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

urgh, a necessary evil::(:
why do you find swallowing at the dentist "awkward"? it is a perfectly natural process that all of his patients would do.

It's not really awkward the first time, but I tend to do it multiple times in a row. I swallow, the dentist will pause and let me do it.. and just when she's about to start I'll feel the urge again. If it happens like 3 times in a row, and repeats later it can become a little awkward.

Especially now, since I have a cold and there's a lot of itching slime in my throat. :C

It's not really awkward the first time, but I tend to do it multiple times in a row. I swallow, the dentist will pause and let me do it.. and just when she's about to start I'll feel the urge again. If it happens like 3 times in a row, and repeats later it can become a little awkward.

Especially now, since I have a cold and there's a lot of itching slime in my throat. :C

ah now I know what you mean. Yes, because you are telling your mind not to swollow so soon after the last time, your brain automatically can't stop doing it again for some reason. I've had that problem with yawning in public.

ah now I know what you mean. Yes, because you are telling your mind not to swollow so soon after the last time, your brain automatically can't stop doing it again for some reason. I've had that problem with yawning in public.

Yeah.. It's almost like the brain does it as some sort of prank. It's funny almost.

Oh God, I just hope I don't sneeze in the chair tomorrow. D:

this_portrait

I keep thinking about all the times I've sabotaged both actual and potential friendships and relationships because of my SA. It's like people were flocking to me then, but now when I least want to take any initiative, no one is coming to me. My life always seems to be in one extreme or the other, it seems, and if there's one common past mistake that I will always regret, it's sabotaging my connections with people. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

EscapeArtist

I keep thinking about all the times I've sabotaged both actual and potential friendships and relationships because of my SA. It's like people were flocking to me then, but now when I least want to take any initiative, no one is coming to me. My life always seems to be in one extreme or the other, it seems, and if there's one common past mistake that I will always regret, it's sabotaging my connections with people. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

hey, i know that can be hard to deal with. I sabotage all of my friendships too. But there is no use in beating yourself up over it. It's not realistic to beat yourself up for not knowing better when you haven't even learned the lesson, right? We can't beat ourselves up for not having learned already what we are just learning, that doesn't make sense. You are making progress by being aware of something that you are unsettled with about yourself, it's a big step just to realize something that needs to be changed (a lot of people don't go there!). Plus, friendships aren't ever totally lost, sometimes when you facebook or text or whatever an old friend to 'catch up', even years or decades after not seeing them, they will happily look forward to it! People grow but don't forget you as a friend if you once were one.

EscapeArtist

I'm going to look for a job as a cashier or stockperson, plan to write out resume and hand out to at least 3 places tomorrow. One of the scariest actions to be taken is looking for a job when you have no experience, are socially anxious, and as a person who does not understand "socially acceptable" adjustments, is especially anxious around authority and social structure.

1BlackSheep

Iiiiiiiitttt'ssss..... FALL!!!!!

Oh, excuse me: AUTUMN.

Ahhh I'm so excited, my favorite season! The air feels wonderful! :D
Yesssss, FALL!!! :) It's my favorite time of the year too, even though here in CA we won't really start feeling it until November! ::p:

MikeyC

You can't dwell on the past. I know that's easier said than done, but you're acknowledging past mistakes and you can now rectify that. You're still young so you've got plenty more friendships along the way.

I'm going to look for a job as a cashier or stockperson, plan to write out resume and hand out to at least 3 places tomorrow. One of the scariest actions to be taken is looking for a job when you have no experience, are socially anxious, and as a person who does not understand "socially acceptable" adjustments, is especially anxious around authority and social structure.
Yeah, I have this same problem. It's like I'm begging people for work, which I don't like doing. Having no experience doesn't help - I have that same issue, too - but you're going to put yourself out there and I hope that the effort reaps a reward in the end.

1BlackSheep

Dead and Blank but still breathing. I might as well be a fish. I need excitement. I get excitement, but usually it's the annoying and headache inducing kind.
That's not good! Hope you're feeling better soon!

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. :C

It's not that I'm afraid of the dentist, but it takes so long.. and there's another person digging in my mouth.. and I have to lay there awkwardly.. avoiding eye contact.. and try not to swallow because that's also awkward.

It's all so dreadful and annoying. >:C
But does your dentist ask questions and try to carry on a conversation while your mouth is wide open, picking away at your teeth, with the vacuum thingy hanging out? Mine loves to do this! :eek:

Last edited:

MikeyC

My friend's ultra-hot ex-girlfriend texted me earlier today, asking how I was and such. I hadn't heard from her in a long time. She said she would like to get together for lunch next week. I said I was keen, and I know my friend is okay with this. Too bad there's going to be no funny business - she is my type.

Srijita52

Yay I'm an "elite".
Congrats! :)
My friend's ultra-hot ex-girlfriend texted me earlier today, asking how I was and such. I hadn't heard from her in a long time. She said she would like to get together for lunch next week. I said I was keen, and I know my friend is okay with this. Too bad there's going to be no funny business - she is my type.
Good luck with your date Mikey. I hope it goes great!

Beatmetrics

Why Metrics you have to let these things just come to you. He opens his arms as he walks closer to me. Then suddenly the tip of my pocket knife is pulled out just caressing his chin ever so slightly. "I swear to god the next time you guys think you can just come up to me and play with my god damn heart, it's not gonna pretty. Now go." I push him so he's backs off only to never see or hear from him again.

Survived the the dentist.. Now it is time for VICTORY CAKE!.. which is chocolate and caramel. Yay~
icon_fluttershy.gif

Starry

I wish the thoughts in my head wouldn't run in this manner:

"I love this song... *Click* Right that's that ordered... *Click* and that... Now to order... ... ... I could DIE right this second!!!!! I'm going to die now!!! I can feel it... I'm going to die right now!!!! My chest feels tight! I'm going to have a heart attack!!!"

Because aside from the fact it scares me silly... It's also annoying... The thoughts come literally from nowhere, as I hope I demonstrated. And they terrify me... I usually manage to shake them off fairly quickly, but if I'm alone, or on a walk or trying to get to sleep they can cause me to panic. *Sigh* Thankfully, now is not one of those times! (Although, depending upon what point in trying to get to sleep I'm at, I may just think "Who cares" and ignore it... I have to be practically asleep for that to happen though...)

Last edited: