Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Labyrinthine

Work was so awful tonight. It was packed and I found I couldn't handle it all myself without making a few mistakes (in my defense, they should have called an extra person in. I can't be in two places at once). Got really mad at myself for it.
Wouldn't be surprised if I get fired. <.<

On the plus side, I do believe I showed courage in a social situation. Also, someone told me I'm great with children. Maybe there's hope for me afterall! :D

Remus

Staff member
it always surprises me at just how many people

will go into the fitting rooms at the store

and because they close the door

apparently think that no one

can hear them fart

It's an old distraction technique, THEY ARE SHOPLIFTING!

MrJones

I usually am not interested in ceremonies, I also find sport uninteresting but I thought the opening ceremony was amazing! :eek:
Me neither, I have no intention to watch any of that, but I heard today that Mr Bean was there and I had to watch it, totally worth it ::p:

AGR

Its really hot here,I hate the summer in Japan, some people died,because how hot it is,dont know how many,they dont even have aircooler at work its like 40 degrees there,stingy bastards!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Finally got my USB microphone working properly on my laptop; so I can make a start on recording ma voice and post it on here.

Oh, here's a wee update and breakdown of the monologue I've been writing:

• Introduction
  • Scottish accent
  • Scots slang terms and pronunciation
  • Scottish stereotypes
  • Rangers Vs Celtic (Football) - Originally titled: "Aggressive, S**te Scottish People" ::p: :D
  • Religion (Spoiler Alert - Brutal. Tasteless. Offensive humour)
  • Scottish accent... again!

Graeme1988

Just getting use tae the sound of ma voice before I record it and post here. :D

But I'm wondering if i should speak as I do normally which is mostly Scots slang and English? or should I switch between both - as I was going to try and explain Scottish slang terms, anyway? Comments on this issue would be appreciated. :D

coyote

Just getting use tae the sound of ma voice before I record it and post here. :D

But I'm wondering if i should speak as I do normally which is mostly Scots slang and English? or should I switch between both - as I was going to try and explain Scottish slang terms, anyway? Comments on this issue would be appreciated. :D

i'm really getting excited to hear your monologue :]

Starry

I saw two fish in a field today... I can only assume somebody had been fishing in the river and then walked back to the village over the fields and dropped them... Still, other than the fact I dislike the fact they were dead, it was pleasingly bizarre.

Graeme1988

i'm really getting excited to hear your monologue :]

Aw, you're gonnae enjoy it, mate - might be difficult tae understand, though. :D And I'm nerve as f**k because of that!

If ye don't mind, mate, could ye answer ma question aboot whether or no I should speak properly so you can aw (all) understand me a wee bit better or just speak how I usually speak - ie the predominant use of Scottish slang?

^ Half o' that's written in ma accent, by the way! ::p: :D