Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Remus

Staff member
With all due respect it a statement like that is not necessarily wisdom, it is more of a personal philosophy that has developed and that works well in conjunction with the stage of life you are currently at.

But that's also a definition of wisdom. ;)

KiaKaha

Banned
But that's also a definition of wisdom. ;)

mmmm.... don't entirely agree, I think wisdom - or rather examples of what constitutes as wisdom is very very subjective.
Ones apparent wisdom is not all encompassing - for all situations or for all people.

Which is why I very rarely give advice - I think the best anyone can do is guess and try to make a judgement of how ones is feeling and merely sympathize with a guess from ones own experiences to help. I usually dont because I am so far off the mark it's just embarrassing. But in saying that I can totally understand the intent behind wisdom and advice, and for that I admire and commend those who have the courage to do so.

But anyway - I am making a big deal of something that doesn't need to be made a big deal of.

Just...you know...posting my random thoughts and feelings etc...

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
Ones apparent wisdom is not all encompassing - for all situations or for all people.

A wisdom for all seasons, now that would be something!

Ditto old chap :D

I see wisdom as a logical application of life expedience and knowledge towards the good of oneself (or others). I think that's why I see coyote as wise, even though I don't agree with every point of view of his, I see deep wisdom within his advice.

Last edited:

NP88

mmmm.... don't entirely agree, I think wisdom - or rather examples of what constitutes as wisdom is very very subjective.

But anyway - I am making a big deal of something that doesn't need to be made a big deal of.

No thats true man wisdom is completely subjective. Its the culmination of understanding regarding a particular social idea.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
How long could anybody on here listen to mine or any Scottish accent before gettin' really bored?

Won't explain the reason for this rather stupid question right now. But any responses would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
thumbsup.gif

Graeme1988

Scottish accents are quite pleasant on the years. Quite hot, really.

So you wouldn't mind listening to me rambling on when I post my voice on here? Because I've wrote a really long comedic monologue - which I've been adding to constantly with these spur of the moment. Hugely influenced by Scottish comedian Billy Connolly. It's mostly humourous observations about Scotland - ie the Scots language, slang words/expressions, the accent, the stereotypical image/perception of Scotland. But I'm not sure if it'll end up being too long?

Labyrinthine

So you wouldn't mind listening to me rambling on when I post my voice on here? Because I've wrote a really long comedic monologue - which I've been adding to constantly with these spur of the moment. Hugely influenced by Scottish comedian Billy Connolly. It's mostly humourous observations about Scotland - ie the Scots language, slang words/expressions, the accent, the stereotypical image/perception of Scotland. But I'm not sure if it'll end up being too long?

Of course I wouldn't mind listening. It sounds awesome. I'm intrigued now :D

coyote

i cannot wait to hear it

Graeme1988

Of course I wouldn't mind listening. It sounds awesome. I'm intrigued now :D

i cannot wait to hear it

Good to hear. I'll try and get ma voice recorded and posted soon. The stuff about the Scots language, slang words and expressions was last minute addition to the monologue. Though, I haven't wrote it down, yet. Basically I was going to try and explain the Scottish accent, deconstruct how we spell and pronounce certain words. Well, try ma best, anyway. It'll probably be really random though. Given that I've been exposed to pretty everything Scottish (from the poetry of Robert Burns, the stand-up comedy of Billy Connolly, and probably every Scottish sketch comedy series and sitcom) since I was 6 or 7 years old.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
No. Women don't have it any easier at the moment of dating. We are expected to look attractive, thin, perfect. Some girls get eating disorders and crappy self esteem from the media and society telling them constantly that they look bad.

In my country, most guys go after girls based solely on looks. If you are slightly overweight, forget about having a boyfriend and be ready to be made fun of for the rest of your life. If you are not interested in sex, be ready to die single. There's a huge list of expectations for us. If you aren't what society considers attractive, you are worth nothing. And if you're a mental illness sufferer, you're going to have an even harder time finding someone who understands you, no matter your god damn gender.

No, girls don't have it any easier. It ticks me off whenever I see people claiming it so. If you are desperate to find a girlfriend, quit complaining about how horrible beings women are just because they don't want to date you and try to improve your personality a bit. If I saw a dude calling girls bitches just because they don't all beg him to be their mate like dogs, I would not want to approach said person. Perhaps you are the one who has a problem and a lot girls are not as terrible as you portray them.

Yes, there will be girls that will be bitches, but so are some guys. It has nothing to do with what you have between your legs, it has to do with what you have inside your skull.

Foxface

I'm was reading more about the guy who was responsible for the Colorado shooting, in a way I feel sorry for him. He was similar to me, to mnay of us. He was a loner and was failing at things, he may have had a mental disorder or something.

One day, his mind just snapped and that's what happened, I think. I'm feel bad for the families of those who have lost someone.

coyote

it always surprises me at just how many people

will go into the fitting rooms at the store

and because they close the door

apparently think that no one

can hear them fart