Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

hoddesdon

If time is a function of space, so that before the universe existed there was no time, how can anything be said about the time before the universe existed?

MikeyC

Meanwhile, in Australia...

tumblr_m18wyvky6B1qdqblho1_400.gif

Vampayah88

They're using you as a messenger. You could tell them to grow up and fight their own battles if you don't want to be in the middle of it.

Sorry to hear they're divorcing, though. Do you want them to stay together?

You are right, and I did tell them that but they just won't get over their stupid ego's and talk to eachother, so they are using me.

It's ok, Im actually really glad they're finally divorcing. They should've done it a long time ago.

lonely_drummer

What's on your mind?

Tomorrows my birthday and really not looking forward to it, I just hate the attention plus I'm going to see my parents and they just go all out and buy me all this stupid materialistic crap that I don't want. Also my funds are running low which means I'm gonna have to work soon which I really hate because I just can't work with anyone, it's so stressful and takes lots out of me. Plus I made an ass out of myself lastnight at the bar. Went to see a friends bands, got way too drunk and started pissing people off cuz I kept rocking out too hard, my bandmate had to stick up for me many times which I felt bad for. And then I don't even remember the rest of the night. Apparently me and roomie took a cab home where he crashed and apparently I went outside, shoveled the sidewalk and just started screaming in the streets at 4am. I guess I kept screaming, **** you world!!! And I broke our shovel :(

MikeyC

You are right, and I did tell them that but they just won't get over their stupid ego's and talk to eachother, so they are using me.

It's ok, Im actually really glad they're finally divorcing. They should've done it a long time ago.
Yeah, sometimes you know when it's a good idea to split. Still sucks you have to go through it because these things can get ugly.

Tomorrows my birthday and really not looking forward to it, I just hate the attention plus I'm going to see my parents and they just go all out and buy me all this stupid materialistic crap that I don't want. Also my funds are running low which means I'm gonna have to work soon which I really hate because I just can't work with anyone, it's so stressful and takes lots out of me. Plus I made an ass out of myself lastnight at the bar. Went to see a friends bands, got way too drunk and started pissing people off cuz I kept rocking out too hard, my bandmate had to stick up for me many times which I felt bad for. And then I don't even remember the rest of the night. Apparently me and roomie took a cab home where he crashed and apparently I went outside, shoveled the sidewalk and just started screaming in the streets at 4am. I guess I kept screaming, **** you world!!! And I broke our shovel :(
Happy birthday for tomorrow. Have you told your parents not to buy you anything? I told my parents to forget mine, but they got me scatchies and ice cream, which is fine.

Drunken shenanigans can be embarrassing the following morning, and one of the reasons why I don't drink anymore. Did you have fun, though?

OMFG OMG OMG OMG!:eek:That looks like something from Alien!!
If I saw that on my wall, I'd burn the place down!

lonely_drummer

Happy birthday for tomorrow. Have you told your parents not to buy you anything? I told my parents to forget mine, but they got me scatchies and ice cream, which is fine.

Drunken shenanigans can be embarrassing the following morning, and one of the reasons why I don't drink anymore. Did you have fun, though?

I had a freakin blast!!! Most fun i had in a while. Ohhhh, Ive done all I can with my folks, they just don't listen. They never have and never will. They think it makes me love them or its the only reason I will stick around but they don't get it that it actually makes me resent them even more. Money is everything to them but I'd rather them put their wallet away and actually talk to me than get me something too expensive. It'll be funny to see what my dad got me, we haven't said more than "hi" to each other in the last 4 or so years, should be interesting

MikeyC

I had a freakin blast!!! Most fun i had in a while. Ohhhh, Ive done all I can with my folks, they just don't listen. They never have and never will. They think it makes me love them or its the only reason I will stick around but they don't get it that it actually makes me resent them even more. Money is everything to them but I'd rather them put their wallet away and actually talk to me than get me something too expensive. It'll be funny to see what my dad got me, we haven't said more than "hi" to each other in the last 4 or so years, should be interesting
I'm glad you had fun despite being so drunk. :)

I have no advice but hopefully whatever you get won't be too materialistic or something you can use. Your father's silence will make it interesting, but hopefully not awkward.

lonely_drummer

I'm glad you had fun despite being so drunk. :)

I have no advice but hopefully whatever you get won't be too materialistic or something you can use. Your father's silence will make it interesting, but hopefully not awkward.

don't worry, advice isn't needed. I just have to deal with it I guess. The silence won't be awkward, there will be other people there so he'll just talk to them and all. Hell, he even talks to the dog more than me lol

MikeyC

don't worry, advice isn't needed. I just have to deal with it I guess. The silence won't be awkward, there will be other people there so he'll just talk to them and all. Hell, he even talks to the dog more than me lol
Does it bother you that he doesn't talk to you that much? Sounds like it doesn't.

My mother made me call my dad and tell him they are divorcing. I hate it that they haven't been talking to eachother for more than 2 months and i have to talk for each of them to the other one and be between it all. I don't like talking on the phone at all.

That's not fair of them. They are using you as the middleman and it's only going to end up hurting you more. If you can, I'd tell them that you aren't going to do it anymore. They need to act like adults. ::(:

Happy early birthday, lonely_drummer!

I'm eating my feelings. This isn't good.

lonely_drummer

Does it bother you that he doesn't talk to you that much? Sounds like it doesn't.

No, not really. I guess Im just used to it. I guess I just don't really quite understand why he's like that. But it's better than when we did talk, we would just argue all the time and I really got sick of that. I don't want to spend all my time and effort into something that just creates stress. Plus, we're just very different people. He thinks Im an idiot and that I can't' stick with anything (which is kinda true). He is the only person on this earth that I know who doesn't like music, like at all!!! He gets into his truck and off goes the radio. Its messed up!!! Music is my life, I would die without it. Its funny how something so important to one person, can be thrown away so easily by another. I think the only thing we really have in common is that we both love Hockey and that's when we were the closest, when I played when I was younger. Then I quit when i started high school, mainly because it was taking up a lot of time from studying and I was getting injured a lot (messed up the alignment on two of my vertabrae my last year). He was pissed that I quit and since then we haven't gotten along.

MikeyC

No, not really. I guess Im just used to it. I guess I just don't really quite understand why he's like that. But it's better than when we did talk, we would just argue all the time and I really got sick of that. I don't want to spend all my time and effort into something that just creates stress. Plus, we're just very different people. He thinks Im an idiot and that I can't' stick with anything (which is kinda true). He is the only person on this earth that I know who doesn't like music, like at all!!! He gets into his truck and off goes the radio. Its messed up!!! Music is my life, I would die without it. Its funny how something so important to one person, can be thrown away so easily by another. I think the only thing we really have in common is that we both love Hockey and that's when we were the closest, when I played when I was younger. Then I quit when i started high school, mainly because it was taking up a lot of time from studying and I was getting injured a lot (messed up the alignment on two of my vertabrae my last year). He was pissed that I quit and since then we haven't gotten along.
My brother doesn't like music that much, either. He won't turn off the radio but he'll listen to conversations rather than music when the radio's on.

I guess if all you two do is argue it's best that you don't talk too much because it's unnecessary stress on you, and on him, too. Sucks about hockey and especially your injuries but it's probably best you didn't continue.

Managed to get Mass Effect to work with a controller. It's not perfect, but at least I can make it from start to finish now. That is, if the game doesn't become impossibly difficult later on.

I should have played this a lot sooner, it's gorgeous.

montejocarlo

...worst part is, i didn't have to be alone. but i deliberately distanced myself from the people who cared for me. i'm in no place to complain.

twiggle

...worst part is, i didn't have to be alone. but i deliberately distanced myself from the people who cared for me. i'm in no place to complain.

Everything okay, MonteJ?
I've felt similar in the past...

My random thought:
I'm going to give myself some targets for today.
3 chapters and a 1.5 mile run.

Let's see how this goes.... probably not well....

montejocarlo

Everything okay, MonteJ?
I've felt similar in the past...

My random thought:
I'm going to give myself some targets for today.
3 chapters and a 1.5 mile run.

Let's see how this goes.... probably not well....

yup. i guess i just feel tired of hearing myself complain when i was the one who drifted away in the first place. and i can very easily reconnect but i won't because i don't want to go through the trouble of explaining why i lost touch. lol. i hope this passes soon.

good luck on your goals for today. i think it's going to go well. just don't push yourself too hard. :)

WeirdyMcGee

So, last night my mother confirmed what I *knew* was true-- and people have been telling me I'm just being paranoid.

My pregnant sister asked mom who she thought would've gotten pregnant first, and mom pointed at me.
Her reason was that I was in a serious relationship for a long time.
My sister has been in 3 long, serious relationships and has dated and lived with 20 times bore guys than me... but because she's 'smart' and I'm not really anything-- people have assumed I would've gotten knocked up a long time ago.

3 others also told me the same thing.
"Oh, we all figured you'd get pregnant first. haha~"

I guess people who don't know much about what I'm going through emotionally, wouldn't realize how much it wounds me to have to hear that over and over and over again... and that party wasn't even the baby shower; just our birthdays. -__-

Lots of uncomfortable questions and conversations... I feel dead today.