Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Thinking about modern life angers me.

You're born as a blank slate, near limitless potential for development. Yet when you're born in modern society your slate is already carefully laid out. Why be a free animal if you can be a pre-programmed machine that needs to catch up with the latest knowledge. Spoiled by great riches, addiction and dependent from a early age until it's too late to realize that that paradise needs to be provided for, but don't worry, it merely costs you 75% of the ONLY period of existence you will ever experience.

WeirdyMcGee

Oprah's lifeclass is on-- with Tony Robbins...
I understand everything they're saying. Everything.
I don't really get it internally, though.

I think I just hate myself too much to care about making my life better sometimes... seems like it would be a waste. Not sure how to change that way of thinking.
I do want to be better, but only because I have to.
or...
hmm...

MikeyC

I feel like I seriously wasted my youth......
There's a saying: "Youth is wasted on the young." When you get older you usually are more content, by which time you're ready for life, but the best physical years are behind you.

Very cool!

Thinking about modern life angers me.

You're born as a blank slate, near limitless potential for development. Yet when you're born in modern society your slate is already carefully laid out. Why be a free animal if you can be a pre-programmed machine that needs to catch up with the latest knowledge. Spoiled by great riches, addiction and dependent from a early age until it's too late to realize that that paradise needs to be provided for, but don't worry, it merely costs you 75% of the ONLY period of existence you will ever experience.
Thinking about such things angers me, too. We could spend hours talking about this and get nowhere.

That awkward moment when you think you're important to somebody and you're not.
Haha.
What makes you say that?

I think I just hate myself too much to care about making my life better sometimes... seems like it would be a waste. Not sure how to change that way of thinking.
I do want to be better, but only because I have to.
or...
hmm...
That's really sad and hopefully you'll start liking yourself to be the person you want to be.

WeirdyMcGee

Okay... very funny-- who is mowing their yard in the dark?
-____-'
That's either a riding mower or a snowmachine and I really doubt it's the latter considering our tremendous lack of snow.

Iluv

Okay... very funny-- who is mowing their yard in the dark?
-____-'
That's either a riding mower or a snowmachine and I really doubt it's the latter considering our tremendous lack of snow.

Sorry bout that didn't know anybody was still awake. >__>
I GOT TO GET ER' DONE.

Last edited:

FallenFeathers

That awkward moment when you think you're important to somebody and you're not.
Haha.

Maybe you are important to said person, we sometimes don't appreciate things till we lose them or it's too late.

Anyway as for my random thoughts, frustrated as hell.. having radial nerve palsy on top of my social anxiety g.a.d ect has been driving me nuts as I've been stuck In even more than usual and uber isolated.

But instead of beating myself up about what I can't do, been focusing on what I can, and trying to focus that frustration. Which isn't much tbh with the nerve being damaged in my main hand/wrist ::p: But I've started to take more interest In cooking new things, working out and doing odd jobs out of sheer boredom.

And I'm starting to feel more positive, hoping I can carry this mentality over to when/if my hand fully recovers as it's kind of put things in perspective for me.

Apologies for the rant it's like half 2 and I can't sleep as I have a doctors appointment tomorrow >.<

MikeyC

Anyway as for my random thoughts, frustrated as hell.. having radial nerve palsy on top of my social anxiety g.a.d ect has been driving me nuts as I've been stuck In even more than usual and uber isolated.

But instead of beating myself up about what I can't do, been focusing on what I can, and trying to focus that frustration. Which isn't much tbh with the nerve being damaged in my main hand/wrist ::p: But I've started to take more interest In cooking new things, working out and doing odd jobs out of sheer boredom.

And I'm starting to feel more positive, hoping I can carry this mentality over to when/if my hand fully recovers as it's kind of put things in perspective for me.

Apologies for the rant it's like half 2 and I can't sleep as I have a doctors appointment tomorrow >.<
Having nerve damage in your wrist sounds frustrating and painful. Glad you're still doing things despite that and your anxiety.

Welcome to the forum.

MsBuzzkillington

Okay, so this is going to be my 500th post, I feel like I should have some sort of magnificent post even though it is silly because it really doesn't matter; I want it to be something "worthwhile". I can't really think of anything too great, so I figured a random thought was the best bet.

Oh my how I ramble.

I learned in class that after age 30(!!!!) height decreases by 1.2 cm every 20 years.

It isn't much, but it still kind of crazy that it starts so young. So my mom really did shrink a little bit! Ha :p

polishgirl

Okay, so this is going to be my 500th post, I feel like I should have some sort of magnificent post even though it is silly because it really doesn't matter; I want it to be something "worthwhile". I can't really think of anything too great, so I figured a random thought was the best bet.

Oh my how I ramble.

I learned in class that after age 30(!!!!) height decreases by 1.2 cm every 20 years.

It isn't much, but it still kind of crazy that it starts so young. So my mom really did shrink a little bit! Ha :p

haha congrats on your 500th post! I still have a long way to go :)

Oh gosh, how much of a relief this is! I'm 178cm and I wish nothing more but to shrink a little so this is veryyyy good news haha :)

Last edited: