Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Newtype

I have to do a talk for 3-5 minutes on Monday about my experience with a course in front of 12 people and I've been agonizing it since the second my professor assigned it...we were originally supposed to write a 5 page paper but my class complained so this was a "simpler alternative" that everyone does for their final grade now. I'd rather write the paper and I'm upset with myself for not even mustering the courage to ask my professor if I could...

Complaining for a 5-page paper? LOL Five pages is nothing!

If you have to talk in front of the class, the best way to be less nervous is to be really prepared for it. Practice alone at home, practice it so much that you'll feel so confident. I also suggest being one of the first people who pass, but if that's not an option, breathe slowly, concentrate on your breathing while waiting for your turn. It will calm you down. Also, when you're gonna be speaking, don't look at people in the eyes, just look at the wall behind the class. No one will ever notice. I actually got that trick from a teacher.

Hope this helps. Good luck :)

EscapeArtist

Still don't understand the purpose of titles/FORMALITY!/structured superiority in places of profession... I don't understand how other people work that into the logical part of their brains and work with it

I've become addicted to Tumblr. It's a nerd's paradise! Where else do people come up with this ish.
tumblr_lk1eap7LJP1qdsluio1_500.jpg

Still don't understand the purpose of titles/FORMALITY!/structured superiority in places of profession... I don't understand how other people work that into the logical part of their brains and work with it

Most people fear that they are not special... and we are taught that "being superior" in professions makes us so... And people work that into their brains and 'work with it', just like they do the same with the idea that a giant man and animals with wings (or something like that) will come from the sky and 'save us' or that there is this other evil man living underground that has a tail and pokes you with his big fork ::p:. In other words, we follow stupid rules because, well, we are stupid.:cool:

Life was never meant to be complicated, hard, or difficult to live - it is just us that sometimes (or most of the time) make it so ;). Daaaaamn humans :D

Last edited:
Most people fear that they are not special... and we are taught that "being superior" in professions makes us so... And people work that into their brains and 'work with it', just like they do the same with the idea that a giant man and animals with wings (or something like that) will come from the sky and 'save us' or that there is this other evil man living underground that has a tail and pokes you with his big fork ::p:. In other words, we follow stupid rules because, well, we are stupid.:cool:

Life was never meant to be complicated, hard, or difficult to live - it is just us that sometimes (or most of the time) make it so ;). Daaaaamn humans :D

Common mistake most people make is the image of "the evil man". It's not true. But I think we know that. The evil man is within us all. Same goes "the giant man".

Life is very simple. You are right, we make it complicated 'cause we think it should be. We think complicated before simple.
The meaning of life: Make your own meaning. Good, bad or neutral.

I don't agree that we are stupid. Misguided, distrusting, misunderstood and inefficient. Not stupid. We are all very clever and intelligent. We are all capable of what we think we are not.