Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

SilentAndShy

Keep it up. You'll get the hang of driving eventually if you just keep practicing. It's not going to be a win every time. Failure is a part of reaching success. :)

Thanks - and part of that success was undertaking a journey on motorways twice in the course of few days and the second time I was driving with my sat nav, and drove safely for an hour and back, compared to the previous two occasions when I was following someone.

I hope I can muster up the confidence to take my car to the train station daily and jump on the train to work, and back home but driving up hill gives me anxiety in peak traffic but I've found a helpful Youtube driving instructor that I hope will give me technical guidance on how to cope.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Hmm.. I generally enjoy gaming. When I've had a couple of drinks I don't seem to enjoy it as much.
But, the last few days since I've been on these strong pain killers (and I'll totally admit I'm getting a very strong buzz from them) gaming has been so much more enjoyable.

Miserum

Hmm.. I generally enjoy gaming. When I've had a couple of drinks I don't seem to enjoy it as much.
But, the last few days since I've been on these strong pain killers (and I'll totally admit I'm getting a very strong buzz from them) gaming has been so much more enjoyable.
Why does gaming seem less enjoyable when you've drank a bit?

Miserum

Why must I blurt out inane comments when I am nervous?
tenor.gif

Miserum

they must have meaning to you at the time of 'blurting'?
Many times I'll just say things to get a laugh or to connect with people that I think will feel positively about what I say, even if I don't fully believe what I am saying. Sometimes this backfires. I don't do it consciously--it's just something that happens in the chaotic moment that is socializing--though now that I've actually verbalized it maybe I'll notice when I'm doing it more. Thanks for asking me this; it's helped me clarify my thought process.

Oftentimes, as well, I'll say something, like a 4 word sentence that is very broad, vague, and full of interpretation for anyone that is listening, which will evoke a strong response from others because the statement sounds loaded. Then I have to explain my reasoning behind that 4 word sentence--and it usually comes out a garbled, anxiety-riddled mess because their strong response makes me feel like I have to defend myself and that, for some reason, I have to be right. For example, a hypothetical example would be "Global warming isn't real" (I don't actually believe that, it just illustrates what I am trying to say).

Writing is so much easier. It's just words on a screen. Arguments are easily formatted. Oral discussions are loaded with subtleties and misinterpretation. Don't get me wrong though, I think even in writing there is an element of miscommunication at times, but this happens far less frequently compared to talking.

Phoenixx

I love how my health takes a nose-dive right when I have zero time to get in touch with a doctor or make an appointment. :rolleyes: I haven't been feeling good lately. I'm having horrible fatigue and excruciating tension headaches. I've always had rollercoaster issues with fatigue, where for a period I feel great and then out of nowhere I just crash. I've always thought it was just my life, as I've accomplished a lot the last few years, but now I'm wondering if I have more going on. :unsure:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Oftentimes, as well, I'll say something, like a 4 word sentence that is very broad, vague, and full of interpretation for anyone that is listening, which will evoke a strong response from others because the statement sounds loaded. Then I have to explain my reasoning behind that 4 word sentence--and it usually comes out a garbled, anxiety-riddled mess because their strong response makes me feel like I have to defend myself and that, for some reason, I have to be right. For example, a hypothetical example would be "Global warming isn't real" (I don't actually believe that, it just illustrates what I am trying to say).

Writing is so much easier. It's just words on a screen. Arguments are easily formatted. Oral discussions are loaded with subtleties and misinterpretation. Don't get me wrong though, I think even in writing there is an element of miscommunication at times, but this happens far less frequently compared to talking.

That's why I usually just nod and agree or say very inoffensive comments when I'm in a group. Boring but safe. I only argue when I know what I'm talking about extremely well, or I use questions like "what if we look at it from this point of view, do we come to the same conclusion", so that it's the others that do the talking by answering my questions.

But I agree arguing is way easier in writing. You can take your time, check your information, etc.