Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Miserum

So, the one person at work who was creating bad vibes in an otherwise very pleasant office personally came to me to let me know he was quitting. He knows I avoid him and I guess it was noticeable how comfortable I was with everyone else (I'm not the only person in the company who kind of avoids him but I'm probably the only one who makes absolutely no effort to at least try to treat him normally, thanks to my anxiety). I don't know how to feel about that. I don't dislike the guy, I was actually getting used to his quirks, accepting his personality and realized he needed his space. It was almost as if he were saying, "You win, I'm leaving." I guess I do know how to feel about that. Guilty.

What kind of quirks does the guy have?

LoyalXenite

So, the one person at work who was creating bad vibes in an otherwise very pleasant office personally came to me to let me know he was quitting. He knows I avoid him and I guess it was noticeable how comfortable I was with everyone else (I'm not the only person in the company who kind of avoids him but I'm probably the only one who makes absolutely no effort to at least try to treat him normally, thanks to my anxiety). I don't know how to feel about that. I don't dislike the guy, I was actually getting used to his quirks, accepting his personality and realized he needed his space. It was almost as if he were saying, "You win, I'm leaving." I guess I do know how to feel about that. Guilty.

Sounds to me like you've nothing to feel guilty about, he seems to be the problem

theoutsider

What kind of quirks does the guy have?

He has a tendency to blurt out rude comments. I think some people like that are admired. They're applauded for saying exactly what they'e thinking, I guess. It's not welcomed in our office as we're all respectful of each other. Once, he decided he didn't like a particular piece of furniture so, instead of just discarding it or asking if someone else would be interested, he just shoved it into someone else's cubicle (and this was like the first or second day after he'd started). After a while, I guess you can normalize anything so now most of us just shrug it off when he makes an unnecessarily rude comment as it just being a part of his personality. Otherwise, he's a very smart guy and contributed well to our office. I have mixed emotions about him leaving.

Miserum

He has a tendency to blurt out rude comments. I think some people like that are admired. They're applauded for saying exactly what they'e thinking, I guess. It's not welcomed in our office as we're all respectful of each other. Once, he decided he didn't like a particular piece of furniture so, instead of just discarding it or asking if someone else would be interested, he just shoved it into someone else's cubicle (and this was like the first or second day after he'd started). After a while, I guess you can normalize anything so now most of us just shrug it off when he makes an unnecessarily rude comment as it just being a part of his personality. Otherwise, he's a very smart guy and contributed well to our office. I have mixed emotions about him leaving.

I guess if you're good at your job and aren't that expendable you can be an asshole (with limits) if you choose to. Seems to be the way of the world.

LoyalXenite

Sometimes I get really worried that people I know online, like you guys or just people I've only met online, will die and I'd never know. I'd just be wondering why you never came back online, or why you'd stopped replying.

Then sometimes it makes me wonder if thats what would happen to my dogs, if I died, would they know and understand (I plan to have it in my will that my pets be shown my body in hopes they can understand), or would they just think I'd left and abandoned them.

Then that leads into a whole cycle of anxiety and stress. I think closure is something that we are so often denied in life that its one of my biggest fears, lack of closure for the important things.

Miserum

Sometimes I get really worried that people I know online, like you guys or just people I've only met online, will die and I'd never know. I'd just be wondering why you never came back online, or why you'd stopped replying.

Then sometimes it makes me wonder if thats what would happen to my dogs, if I died, would they know and understand (I plan to have it in my will that my pets be shown my body in hopes they can understand), or would they just think I'd left and abandoned them.

Then that leads into a whole cycle of anxiety and stress. I think closure is something that we are so often denied in life that its one of my biggest fears, lack of closure for the important things.
I think it helps to realize that not getting closure is just a part of life. It's inevitable and has happened to me more times than I can count; the best thing we can do in my opinion is approach it with spite and a fuck-it attitude.

MollyBeGood

I'm a rude, insensitive, socially inept little man. My sincere apologies to everyone.
Oh no-Don’t be so hard on yourself. This is a mental health forum and we are all just works in progress. I don’t see how you have been rude to anyone anyways, it’s ok. I feel pretty horrible about myself too too often and it’s definitely a part of my problem as a whole.

theoutsider

I hate relying on this forum as my only form of socialization.
:(
but it continues to be the case. I don't have a better, proper and real substitute. I suppose that's the way the world is headed-
no real human relationships in the future just you and your device.

I understand but I do enjoy and appreciate your presence here. I kind of wish there were at least more people here regularly like it used to be. It seemed like a better place to turn to back then just because there were more people sharing their experiences.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
In a little over a month my 20's are officially behind me. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it yet.
Don't worry bro, it's still ok in your 30's.

Wait until you hit 40.. your body starts aching, you start to notice the edge of your strength, agility etc starting to fade.
Then you start going to bed earlier because you get tired earlier.. and you think; "sh!t... I think I finally have a glimpse of what it's like to be old.." :oops:

GraybeardGhost

Oh no-Don’t be so hard on yourself. This is a mental health forum and we are all just works in progress. I don’t see how you have been rude to anyone anyways, it’s ok. I feel pretty horrible about myself too too often and it’s definitely a part of my problem as a whole.
I have experienced none of this behavior from you, you speak of.
Thanks. Sometimes my self-hatred gets the better of me and things get blown out of proportion, often things only I notice. I've been going through a rough patch lately, stressed and paranoid, expecting the worst. That gets expressed strangely at times, not always appropriately, and not always in the right place. I'm sorry I got weird last night.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Thanks. Sometimes my self-hatred gets the better of me and things get blown out of proportion, often things only I notice. I've been going through a rough patch lately, stressed and paranoid, expecting the worst. That gets expressed strangely at times, not always appropriately, and not always in the right place. I'm sorry I got weird last night.
Don't stress mate, we all get a bit like that at times :cool:

theoutsider

Getting real tired of always having to be the mature one and taking the high road. I fear I've been doing it for so long that one day I'll snap over something very small. Then, of course, I'll look like the bad guy.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Getting real tired of always having to be the mature one and taking the high road. I fear I've been doing it for so long that one day I'll snap over something very small. Then, of course, I'll look like the bad guy.

I've seen other people who constantly take the high road eventually snap, and often its when after doing everything right things still break badly for them. And I think it largely comes down to them believing by doing the right thing all the time they deserve good things their way, or that they are entitled to respect and good fortune. When things go bad, it becomes "Well, why do the right thing if I'm going to be returned shit all the time?"

I think that's a line of thinking that breaks people down. Finding ways to remind yourself why it is you take the high road may help push that snap farther away.