Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

onehandclapping

hq1l4RFaZkiirJ4_aiofIQ2.jpg

lol

I have actually been pondering this very subject though, how much I want to achieve in life. I haven't quite got to the stage of putting french bread on my limbs though fortunately.

Last edited:

Ithior

Apparently there was an earthquake in my city a few minutes ago. Didn't even notice it.

It must have been something really weak because this country and city are pretty safe from natural disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.
Most earthquakes happen during the night and those are really weak too.

Edit: yep it was just 3.1; can you even notice it without standing still while staring at a glass of water?

Last edited:

awkwardamanda

A friend of mine moved to another province about six months ago. She met a guy. He was a good friend of her cousin. They were here for a few days last month. He seems like a good guy. So she informed me the other day they got engaged. WTF?! Already?! (Funny, I just heard the words, "Maybe it was rushed," in a song as I typed that.:thinking:) Seriously, they've been together less than six months. That's pretty fast. I don't think I'd even be ready for sex by that point. And then I'd likely get dumped for being a prude.:question:

Silatuyok

A friend of mine moved to another province about six months ago. She met a guy. He was a good friend of her cousin. They were here for a few days last month. He seems like a good guy. So she informed me the other day they got engaged. WTF?! Already?! (Funny, I just heard the words, "Maybe it was rushed," in a song as I typed that.:thinking:) Seriously, they've been together less than six months. That's pretty fast. I don't think I'd even be ready for sex by that point. And then I'd likely get dumped for being a prude.:question:

I hope they plan on a long engagement! I think you need at least a couple of years to know whether or not you and your partner are marriage material.

awkwardamanda

I hope they plan on a long engagement! I think you need at least a couple of years to know whether or not you and your partner are marriage material.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I think I'd need at least a year, if not more, before even making that decision. Also, not many women would say this, but I don't like the idea of a surprise marriage proposal. I'd rather be in a position where it's more a mutual decision I guess. I would not want to be caught off guard, especially if I think it's too soon. She said they're going to get married next year sometime, so they'll be engaged longer than they were dating.

Silatuyok

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I think I'd need at least a year, if not more, before even making that decision. Also, not many women would say this, but I don't like the idea of a surprise marriage proposal. I'd rather be in a position where it's more a mutual decision I guess. I would not want to be caught off guard, especially if I think it's too soon. She said they're going to get married next year sometime, so they'll be engaged longer than they were dating.

I totally agree. An engagement should not be a surprise, but rather something that you discuss and agree upon beforehand. I've been victim of a surprise marriage proposal and ended up being pressured into a marriage that I never really wanted in the first place.

awkwardamanda

I totally agree. An engagement should not be a surprise, but rather something that you discuss and agree upon beforehand. I've been victim of a surprise marriage proposal and ended up being pressured into a marriage that I never really wanted in the first place.

Exactly. I don't like this idea that the guy thinks it over himself and then makes the decision to ask his girlfriend to marry him. Then she suddenly has to reply on the spot. Half the time, she's drooling at the thought of marriage anyway, and gets all excited that *someone* is serious about her. I think it's important to discuss your future together. Make sure you're on the same page about what you want in life, whether to kids, whatever. Make sure you really are compatible. I could see a surprise make-it-official, once you have actually thought things over together. But I sure as hell wouldn't just automatically say yes if I wasn't ready, just because that's what's expected.

MikeyC

Today, a cashier mistook me for an underage boy. Haha, so amusing.
Amusing is a lot better than humiliating!

I sent a Valentine's Day card to Fiona, which she received yesterday. She never mentioned it last night when we were texting, so I wasn't quite sure if she liked it or not. :question: Today she mentioned that she sent me something in the mail yesterday, so now I'm excited. :)

Got a job interview for a job I applied for before I got my recent job. Cool. I need more hours anyway because the job I'm working doesn't provide enough, so maybe I can take this job if I'm offered.

Srijita52

Got a job interview for a job I applied for before I got my recent job. Cool. I need more hours anyway because the job I'm working doesn't provide enough, so maybe I can take this job if I'm offered.
Good luck!
I sent a Valentine's Day card to Fiona, which she received yesterday. She never mentioned it last night when we were texting, so I wasn't quite sure if she liked it or not. :question: Today she mentioned that she sent me something in the mail yesterday, so now I'm excited. :)
That's great.
:perfect: