Post your picture thread

PraxxtorCruel

Hello,

thought I'd introduce myself, this is me: (On the left)

33nz2ao.jpg

Not the greatest face shot, lost the usb cable for the camera so it is hopeless. I've been suffering with social anxiety for 11 years. It crippled my education (which I loved when I was younger and still do, but with these constant judgemental thoughts of myself it makes concentrating very very difficult). I am starting education again this year (4th try). The most frustrating part is knowing all my friends graduate at the end of this year yet knowing I can't because I can't concentrate. Something so simple yet so difficult to overcome, needless to say I will not allow it to screw my life forever and I am gradually getting there. By the way that pic was taken at Thorpe Park, if anyone has been there can you guess which ride I was on?

thnx all :]

cool picture Praxxtorcruel, what theme park were you in?
I can relate to ur story, my friends all graduated as well.
I wish I could too, but I couldn't handle it for 3 years.
Now Im going to start soon, and I hope I can manage it. :)
Hey I just wanted to say welcome to the forums
I hope you meet great people here and u have a great time here! :D

@Mountaingirl: Nice picture! You look a little bit like Drew Barrymore! ::p:

Simmy

Nice pic Praxxtorcruel :D I think that ride is Stealth, am i right? I Looooove that ride, haha

And yeah dude can totally relate to the graduating late thing, my education also has been crippled due to my inability to socially integrate, and the constant fear of being judged and the crowds of people bla

Quelqu'un

Death Rider has a model face, hehe.

Wow, agreed. You absolutely look like a model.

Death Rider, I don't know if you think of yourself as goodlooking or not (doesn't matter, none of anyone's business) but this just goes to show how beauty is such a subjective thing and how SA really is psychological. There are so many gorgeous people on this website that have posted their pictures, and they don't realize how beautiful/handsome they are. Very interesting to ponder... It's so sad to think how so many of us limit ourselves in life based on our self-perceptions. The human brain is so complex and twisted.

You look like a model! Just your bone structure, your hair, your koolness, you're really unique!

Why does it say Canadian on your cap? Hehe

Wow, thank you, that means a lot to me.
Well secretly i'm canadian sir... Lol j/k my girlfriend visited Canada for her intership, she bought two canadian caps, so that's why I wear it :p, we are going to visit Canada together someday, She tells me it's the greatest place she's ever been to.
I definitely wanna visit Canada too! :D

Last edited:

Mickery

Well anyway, here is a pic of me, focusing on my usual BDD-related issue. I think this will show you guys what I'm talking about (how ugly my hands are, I mean. Or if not completely ugly, just pathetic-looking and unattractive).

:(

I really hate them. But there is nothing I can do.

*sigh*

I know this is nothing you haven't heard before and that it makes no difference, but a whole lot of girls would love to look like that.

AGR

Well anyway, here is a pic of me, focusing on my usual BDD-related issue. I think this will show you guys what I'm talking about (how ugly my hands are, I mean. Or if not completely ugly, just pathetic-looking and unattractive).

:(

I really hate them. But there is nothing I can do.

*sigh*

There is nothing wrong with your hands,I cant see anything,if it helps I doubt people will notice hands much,maybe only have a look,but I doubt most people will focus on them,certanly looking at you your hands are not going to be the thing they will notice I think.

I took a couple of boring bathroom pictures.

I've always felt people look better in black and white though.

P1010526-1.jpg

I like this picture! it's like
''hey, I don't care what you think! ::p:'' I love the expression! ^^ Nice one.

Oh and I like your other picture too, i just like this one better, because you look more spontanious! :] and happy face, but it's not the black and white thing!

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
@Beatrice - Honestly you do post a lot of pictures and videos of yourself compared to others, but I don't think it bothers anyone (your videos can be quiet funny :p), and if the compliments and making videos helps you and makes you feel better for a while, why not? Nothing to feel guilty about. And it's always nice to see several pictures of the same person, gives a better idea of who they are. Just my opinion anyway

B

Beatrice

@Beatrice - Honestly you do post a lot of pictures and videos of yourself compared to others, but I don't think it bothers anyone (your videos can be quiet funny :p), and if the compliments and making videos helps you and makes you feel better for a while, why not? Nothing to feel guilty about. And it's always nice to see several pictures of the same person, gives a better idea of who they are. Just my opinion anyway

Hrm. Well, I don't want to be known for that. I think I should go back to text form.

I'm being really annoying lately. Sorry everyone. Kind of embarrassed.

*disappears*

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Hrm. Well, I don't want to be known for that. I think I should go back to text form.

*disappears*

Hey don't disappear lol, I don't know what you think "that" is, but I would say you are probably more known for being happy, spontaneous and entertaining than for being "annoying"

Danfalc

Banned

*disappears*

Hey, just noticed your post and wanted to say, you shouldn't feel bad for posting pictures or videos of yourself.

Posting pictures and videos is a great way of challenging your anxiety and negative beliefs. My therapist use to suggest to me to do videos because I hate my voice..so yeah don't feel embarrassed it's a positive thing.

fdctk

*disappears*

noooo i don't think anyone here thinks you're annoying! you always manage to brighten everyone's day up with your funny vids and cute pics, so keep 'em coming and don't worry about it.

thegunners21

Hi I am new here. I am 19 years old, from Toronto and I have had social anxiety ever since I moved to canada. My social anxiety has prevented me from having a lot of friends, never had a girlfriend and looks like i never will.

I feel like it also has prevented from having satisfying teenage years.

I thought long and hard(that's what she said) before posting my pic mainly because i am very self conscious.

Well here goes nothing
untitled1.jpg

PS - I think i am the only brown person here.

Last edited: