Post your picture thread

Re: Post your pics! :)

I might also add that just because some people manage to get out of the house on a semi regular basis & manage do things that normal people do every day without thinking...dosent mean that it is comfortable for them...some people most likely have had sa for a long time....it should be understandable that these people might be a little further along in the process of managing it or eeking out a seemingly normal existance in society..atleast on the surface anyway.

I can see where its possible that the pictures i might have posted in the past could have portrayed that i am social & dont have sa...& or in love with food & am perfectly capable...but for every composed looking picture i share what dosent get seen in them is the nervous gut & sitting in the truck getting up the nerve to get out & go in to where ever it is im trying to go....it isent any fun..& i always feel tons better when its over..but i put myself through it cause i want to get better.. it feels good each time i get through a crowded restaraunt..or cinima experience or whatever im trying to do that day...i think the camera also provides a distraction for me...so taking pictures when im out is helpful as well.

Getting out there on a regular basis is the goal isent it...i really doubt it will ever be comfortable for anyone that has sa..but with one foot in front of the other & just getting older....you can get a bit better with it to where it becomes more managable...i think im getting there slowly but surely...& im hoping my photos encourage others rather than discourage.

Thank you for saying this. I remember before I had SA, but barely, because that was when I was about three or four years of age. I also have incredibly pushy parents and my sisters are always willing to spend time with me. If I'm with my sisters and have been pushed out the door by my parents, I feel more comfortable - but that doesn't mean the anxiety is gone at all. I post pictures, but not because I think I'm attractive - I post pictures because it's a "step" kind of, for someone with SA to actually put their faces out there. It's progress. With what I do in my work and volunteering, I have to meet new people every day, and it wears me out so much. After going out and trying to be confident and "normal" (though people always can sense that I'm nervous to some extent, and I'm always asked "Why are you so quiet?" or given the statement "Wow you, like, never talk!") I'm emotionally AND physically worn out. I do what I can to be normal, I work on improving, I've made some strides, but I'm still very much socially anxious. I'm just going to put it out there that, I don't enjoy people here suggesting that because I post a picture, I don't have anxiety like they do.

2Crowded

Flash made this little guy come off looking evil :)

july4th5th007.jpg

forgetmenot ak ..no problem

x00x ... it was neat...thats the small sledding hill there...bigger one was just 200 foot to the right of this one.

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member

And when I first found this site ~5 years ago I was a lurker. I used to go on the forum a lot but I'd never post anything. Even on the rare days I do post, I'd worry for days after about how people will react to it.

I joined bout 2002 I think under another username but lurked and never posted, took bout two years and another username for me to pluck up courage.

been on the net since 2000 but wasnt till 2004 I had the bottle to post anything about SA, no one I've known in RL knows about my SA, I've never discussed it

So this is where i'm coming from when I said a lot of the regular posters have less SA. But I guess I shouldnt generalize

I met someone off another SA forum who I consider to have the worst SA I have even seen, they were fine on messenger, posted thousands of forum posts but when I met them they stared at the floor in terror and I just got "yes" and "no" and had to do most of the talking myself (which was difficult), so it is hard to generalise

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Hippie, your cats are gorgeous! :)

Really great pics all! Everyone here is so nice looking!

I chickened out and had to take the pics I posted of myself down. I didn't realize this thread was public until after I had posted them. lol I agree that making this thread private would be a good idea, if possible.

I chickened out and had to take the pics I posted of myself down. I didn't realize this thread was public until after I had posted them. lol I agree that making this thread private would be a good idea, if possible.

One option for everyone could be to post pictures in an album on your profile page... and you can go to user cp (click on profile privacy) to make your albums viewable by either registered members only, or even just those in your friend or contact list. You could then post in this thread (or make your own) to let people know when you've posted a new picture or album.

fedupoffear88

Thank you for saying this. I remember before I had SA, but barely, because that was when I was about three or four years of age. I also have incredibly pushy parents and my sisters are always willing to spend time with me. If I'm with my sisters and have been pushed out the door by my parents, I feel more comfortable - but that doesn't mean the anxiety is gone at all. I post pictures, but not because I think I'm attractive - I post pictures because it's a "step" kind of, for someone with SA to actually put their faces out there. It's progress. With what I do in my work and volunteering, I have to meet new people every day, and it wears me out so much. After going out and trying to be confident and "normal" (though people always can sense that I'm nervous to some extent, and I'm always asked "Why are you so quiet?" or given the statement "Wow you, like, never talk!") I'm emotionally AND physically worn out. I do what I can to be normal, I work on improving, I've made some strides, but I'm still very much socially anxious. I'm just going to put it out there that, I don't enjoy people here suggesting that because I post a picture, I don't have anxiety like they do.

I understand very well what u sayin. For me, i remember when i didn't have SA which was about 5yrs ago, i was the guy who merged in with everyone. I'm the same now, but i'm not the same in the sense that i'm always nervous in front of friends even sometimes when i'm with some relatives/cousins. I feel like i'm inferior to others or not as good as 'em and u know the reason why.....Even after getting SA, i've had big achievements like winning Midwest regional Martial Arts Championship(Damn! that was tough performing in front of more than 500 ppl), appearing on tv in a televised scholarship competition, etc. People think that i'm very confident and talented, but they don't know what goes inside my mind, how uncomfortable i feel::(:

fedupoffear88

Also wanna add that alot of time ppl, ask me if i'm tired...But i'm not, it's just that i'm so nervous that i look that way:mad:

LycraPantiies92

been on the net since 2000 but wasnt till 2004 I had the bottle to post anything about SA, no one I've known in RL knows about my SA, I've never discussed it

Whoa ::(: I've never really told anyone i actually know well about my sa, except my guidance teacher, so like nobody close knows, i wouldn't ever tell them lol. I've only had my own laptop for 2 years and just looked for stuff about sa last year, wouldn't have looked it up on a comp that wasn't my own lol!
I met someone off another SA forum who I consider to have the worst SA I have even seen, they were fine on messenger, posted thousands of forum posts but when I met them they stared at the floor in terror and I just got "yes" and "no" and had to do most of the talking myself (which was difficult), so it is hard to generalise

Yeah man ::(: it's scary. I don't think i'm as confident irl as online but maybe if i was with other sa people, or knew someone with it i dunno where i would fit in ::(:
I hate it !:mad:
xx