Post a random fact about yourself...

MikeyC

Random fact: I don't think I'm great at many things, but I am a pretty good speller.

When I was in year 6, the teacher got us to do some spelling. He decided to challenge us and said "can anyone spell 'necessary'?" Well, I raised my hand. "N-E-C-E-S-S-A-R-Y." I'll never forget the look of shock on his face when I got it right. Since then, I've realised I can spell words really well. I can't do much else, though. ::p:

Yes, I spelled "realise" with an S instead of a Z. That's the British way which we've adopted in Australia.

Oh, and FYI to everyone: there is no "a" in 'definitely'! The amount of times I see this common spelling error is staggering! ::p:

Phoenixx

I have about 35 scars altogether, the majority of them being on my hands and arms.

I'm actually not very self-conscious of them like I used to be. The huge one on my arm bothers me a little still, but I usually try not to think about it.

YellowBird

When I'm extremely lonely and I can't take it anymore,before I go to sleep I sing The Velvet Underground songs to myself.

MikeyC

I have about 35 scars altogether, the majority of them being on my hands and arms.

I'm actually not very self-conscious of them like I used to be. The huge one on my arm bothers me a little still, but I usually try not to think about it.
Scars are cool. Sorry. :) I guess what would suck about having scars are the inevitable "how did you get that?" questions.

Phoenixx

Scars are cool. Sorry. :) I guess what would suck about having scars are the inevitable "how did you get that?" questions.
^ Oh, I think scars are cool too. :cool: (There totally needs to be a "Show your scars" thread or something) I actually don't get questions about any of them... Well, maybe for the one on my arm, but that's hard to miss unless I'm wearing something with sleeves. A lot of my scars are small, so you don't really see them unless you're up close.

MikeyC

^ Oh, I think scars are cool too. :cool: (There totally needs to be a "Show your scars" thread or something) I actually don't get questions about any of them... Well, maybe for the one on my arm, but that's hard to miss unless I'm wearing something with sleeves. A lot of my scars are small, so you don't really see them unless you're up close.
Yeah, most scars are small are discoloured so you can barely see them. As long as you don't mind the questions about them, then that's okay. :)

I actually have a friend with many visible scars on his wrists from when he tried to kill himself years ago. He's happy now, but he won't try to hide the scars he has - he freely has them out in the open and won't hide from the questions. Brave, brave man.

coyote

i'd wanted to have a "Show your rather large rear end" thread

but Remus wouldn't let me start it

Phoenixx

Yeah, most scars are small are discoloured so you can barely see them. As long as you don't mind the questions about them, then that's okay. :)

I actually have a friend with many visible scars on his wrists from when he tried to kill himself years ago. He's happy now, but he won't try to hide the scars he has - he freely has them out in the open and won't hide from the questions. Brave, brave man.
^ That is brave to do that. I've always admired people who don't hide their scars, that just leave them out in the open. :)

Eyv

I love playing my favorite albums off vinyls even though i can just play them through the computer.. Something about how the sound comes so instantly when the needle touch the record in addition to the charming spinning which just makes it so pleasant :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MikeyC

^ That is brave to do that. I've always admired people who don't hide their scars, that just leave them out in the open. :)
He admits it's a dark part of his life he'd rather forget, but he knows they won't go away, so I suppose he's just accepted it now and has moved right on.

Silatuyok

I love playing my favorite albums off vinyls even though i can just play them through the computer.. Something about how the sound comes so instantly when the needle touch the record in addition to the charming spinning which just makes it so pleasant :rolleyes:

Yessss. Playing vinyl is so much more satisfying. :) And I like that I have to get up every 20 minutes or so to flip it or put something else on. Makes the music more interactive.

Phoenixx

I love being barefoot most of the time. I really don't know why, I've always been like that.

When I used to live in the city, I loved the feeling of the warm sidewalk beneath my feet in the summer, and the warm sand when I went to the beach. Actually, I'm still like that.