People not responding right away!

Marc7

Um does it really irk you or you become really impatient when someone doesn't respond to you? does it happen that you ask someone did you get my message either too much times or once? Also are you scared they will never respond back right away too?

Last edited:

ImNotMyIllness

I can get impatient at times. If I don't receive a reply, I wonder if they got my message or if they were offended by it or something.

laure15

It depends on who the person is. With family and certain friends, I expect them to respond within 1-3 days. If it's a stranger, I usually give them a week to respond. I have a friend who has slow internet connection and doesn't go online much. Plus her family is poor. So she usually goes months without responding to me.

cocorose

It depends on who the person is. With family and certain friends, I expect them to respond within 1-3 days. If it's a stranger, I usually give them a week to respond. I have a friend who has slow internet connection and doesn't go online much. Plus her family is poor. So she usually goes months without responding to me.

Months?!

184264_Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-(...).jpg

Last edited:

IntheLabyrinth

I usually only do text messaging. If I know the person is always on there phone, then it pisses me off sometimes, but it's usually only after it's been many hours or sometimes days. I don't like to respond right away, even if I am not doing anything, all the time either so I don't expect instant responses. I think someone should come up with a messaging etiquette guide.

akala

Yes I get kind of nervous, but usually i just think they're busy. Unless I've texted them a few times and they don't respond, then I just feel ignored and rejected

But people who reject me probably have their own insecurities and issues, unless i've actually done something...