People are disgusting

Section_31

Things like this are why i choose to be a hermit.

People can be so, so shallow some times. I do think its important not to paint everyone with the same brush, but still, when someone does somthing stupid like that its hard not to.

Man, that sucks!

DespairSoul

Yea society nowadays is worse and worse. I think no wonder that we isolate us sometimes really. IS terrific:// I will not wonder if yet come journalist and picture them fresh there on the street for newspapers.:(

JamesSmith

Things like this are why i choose to be a hermit.

People can be so, so shallow some times. I do think its important not to paint everyone with the same brush, but still, when someone does somthing stupid like that its hard not to.

Man, that sucks!

Most people aren't like that girl. The girl who asked to go home sounds like she has psychotic issues and needs help. And just because no one else said anything, doesn't mean they weren't shocked or felt bad. When you hear someone died, there is not much to say no matter how outgoing you are.

DespairSoul

Most people aren't like that girl. The girl who asked to go home sounds like she has psychotic issues and needs help. And just because no one else said anything, doesn't mean they weren't shocked or felt bad. When you hear someone died, there is not much to say no matter how outgoing you are.

Hmm i dont think so everyone who actually talk like that must be neccessary psychotic. U know? Thats not about it. Some people are really selfish and cruel. It is how it is.::(:

AsTimeBurns

It's not surprising, kids (indeed - people) these days are only interested in themselves, nobody else. It's all about getting what they want: Money, Sex, Expensive Gadgets and Clothes, etc... And **** everyone else.

Quiet Angel

That's very correct, in my belief. Generally, people possess empathy. It's a social norm. That girl probably never had an experience that Mike had, so perhaps she's unable to relate or process in her mind that's it's extremely serious.

Just because someone or some people are quiet, doesn't mean they're lacking emotion. You don't really know what's going through their heads, right? Unless if you're psychic.

JamesSmith

Why must everyone use mental issues as an excuse? Maybe she wasn't psychotic, maybe she was just a bitch.

Yeah, could be. The reason she did could be because of a few reasons. Maybe she did have someone die in her family and the way she copes with events like this is to act like it didn't happen. A fantastic movie that shows this method of coping with death is Reign Over Me. She's probably not psychotic, that word was a little extreme on my part, but it does sound like she doesn't know how to handle news that someone else has died.

The most likely thing is that she's just plain selfish like so much of the world is. When someone is ill or has passed away it is a true test of character to see how someone reacts when they hear about it. The first thing they say gives you a good idea of who is most important to that person. It turns out, all that girl cares about is herself.

fitftw

The world is a cruel place.

I wrote this poem last night describing the sad state of affairs...

The ocean shifts from blue to red. A symbol of the blood we've shed. This is a prophecy. Say goodnight to democracy. Civilization has reached its peak. Earth is becoming weak. We murdered the planet. Raped and tormented like a bad habit. Addicted to destruction. Unable to function. Selfish and ignorant. Cold and indignant. Here's a mess that can't be mopped up, so maybe it's time to close this shop up.

I agree, that's disgusting. Don't be ashamed to be human, though. After all, all people on this forum are human. I'd blame the highschool sub-culture that reigns pretty much everywhere.

I have to say I'm hardly surprised. In nature there's always a balance. Where there are extremely ''good'' natured people, there's also the opposite (I'm not saying she's the worst of the worst, just highlighting the scale). It saddens me to say this, but this mentality is inevitable, other then airing your opinion (which you awesomely did) there's no reason to obsess or be upset about it.

Just take comfort in that you know the proper response to such a message. After you get out of school you'll have the people skills (social phobia or not) that are going to aid you the rest of your live. She was obviously trying to leech of the event, and even though she might not have meant it in a mean way, not-seeing that it was in extreme bad taste to (try) take advantage of a horrible event like that shows a little of how she thinks.

It'll probably hit her hard when she has to make it in the real world, when highschool popularity no longer means anything. Having to learn those skills in an environment that is drastically less forgiving while be a lot more difficult. Just be glad you know better. I'm not trying to say that what she did was in any way acceptable, just giving you an alternate way of looking at it so that you don't have to be so mad about it.

Her behavior doesn't reflect on you in any way. There's no need to be ashamed. People aren't disgusting, her behavior/mentality just was. ;)

Quiet Angel

I'll admit there's a huge handful of people who don't appear to have hearts. I strongly believe that's because they're suffering so much themselves. The world has so much suffering in it...but what we need in this world is love, compassion, and empathy. It's a good thing that some good people exist.

I don't believe in "bad people". I believe that certain people are misguided and have a very wrong approach to life. This can be changed. :)

Ignace

Indeed, humans are cruel to each other. Unless something bad happens to her, then everyone should take care of her.

fitftw

there's a guy in my chemistry class who feels the need to blurt out the answers to everything the teacher goes over, like he's so smug and smart. I hate idiots like that. Turns out he's the fattest guy in class so nobody gives him any dirty looks or tells him to shut up and let the teacher do her job.

joyce

some one are just not understanding its not there fault but it happens 0_o im not going to say its disgusting Becuase sa and avpd to normal people is like were freaks so i dont wana make fun of this person