People are disgusting

joyce

Maybe this mike person has issues like he can't care about people or maybe he was joking. Most of the time theres a reason why people are mean like that

Luke1993

It seems that people are becoming more and more selfish and cold. Its no longer about us, about family, about community..its about what's in it for me. Is it the new facebook, reality TV world? What is wrong with this world?

Well I don't think more and more people are becoming that way. I think people like that have always existed, it's just that due to the internet and media people like this are heard about more often and get more exposure. That's my little theory anyway.

Last edited:

DespairSoul

It seems that people are becoming more and more selfish and cold. Its no longer about us, about family, about community..its about what's in it for me. Is it the new facebook, reality TV world? What is wrong with this world?

You have popular shows like Glee that shows people who are all sickenly selfish and cold (even though they are suppose to be outsiders) and its established as acceptable. Yes, its satirical and entertaining, but very distrubing as its still portrayed as reality...and for many people it is.

I do agree people are getting more attached of unreal thinks(but tv try make this things real,some are already real). I know always have been existing some what was doing that, they was always sickenly some selfish people and some cold ones. Now is more worse i agree, more silly stuff like reality stupid shows in tv to entertaining and pushing to heads superfaciality and popularity like is the best thing what u can get. I dont know but tv and internet carry more bad stuff as good thats always will be and was my opinion. Maybe also we will be forced do more activities outside and be less social phobic who knows? I guess many people is addicted on pc and tv. Is washing brains. But no one force you to watch and i guess i avoid a lot of it.

JamesSmith

You have popular shows like Glee that shows people who are all sickenly selfish and cold (even though they are suppose to be outsiders) and its established as acceptable. Yes, its satirical and entertaining, but very distrubing as its still portrayed as reality...and for many people it is.

I think the world is getting more selfish and cold, and will continue that way. And yes, it's because of all the new electronic technology. People can hide behind behind their computers, blackberries, and tvs all day long. There is less real-life human interaction, even for people that aren't shy. I'm not sure if you've had customer service problems, but it is a big sign with customer service at how filthy society has gotten. Customer service isn't what it used to be. My dad discussed this with me. He talked to me about the good old days when people weren't zombies to home electronics and would sit out on their porch and talk to people because they had nothing else to do. People needed to associate with people, and because of this people tended to know and understand how to treat others with respect. But today, you've got all these people that would rather watch Glee like u said, lol, and stay inside their homes away from the world. Friendliness has faded severely. Listen to the radio, you hear this rap music with these guys degrading women while at the same time insulting their peers. And this music is popular, it's in style to insult someone. I was at a party and the life of the party was two youngsters freestyling about how they thought the other guy was such a loser and had a small penis. It's cool to talk trash now, it didn't used to be like that. Yes, I'm a hypocrite, because I too hide with my electronics, so no we all can't be held responsible. But at least I'm a nice person, too many other people in this New Age can't say the same.

coyote

each person's view of the world is colored by their own perception

my world is a beautiful place filled with love and wonder

and dollar tacos on monday night

schist

What a ****ing rotten little bitch. No respect whatsoever. :mad:

On a side note, an old mate of mine recently decided to sever ties with me just because he couldn't respect my opinions on certain things. He's an opinionated ****-for-brains himself, yet I never held any of his beliefs/views against him, and actually used to have a sickening amount of respect for him. He's got absolutely no ****ing idea how highly I used to regard him. Now every time I see or hear of him, I feel like cracking his ****ing skull open with a baseball bat. I'm sick of always attracting corrupt ****heads, I just wanna live peacefully and enjoy life.

People = **** :mad:

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
What a ****ing rotten little bitch. No respect whatsoever. :mad:

On a side note, an old mate of mine recently decided to sever ties with me just because he couldn't respect my opinions on certain things. He's an opinionated ****-for-brains himself, yet I never held any of his beliefs/views against him, and actually used to have a sickening amount of respect for him. He's got absolutely no ****ing idea how highly I used to regard him. Now every time I see or hear of him, I feel like cracking his ****ing skull open with a baseball bat. I'm sick of always attracting corrupt ****heads, I just wanna live peacefully and enjoy life.

People = **** :mad:
So, people whose skulls you want to crack open with a baseball bat are getting in the way of you living peacefully?
smiley_neutral.gif

schist

So, people whose skulls you want to crack open with a baseball bat are getting in the way of you living peacefully?
smiley_neutral.gif

Pretty much!

If it weren't for me always somehow managing to have people I thought were friends spit in my face, I would be a much better (read: calmer) person, believe it or not.

Last edited:

DespairSoul

I think the world is getting more selfish and cold, and will continue that way. And yes, it's because of all the new electronic technology. People can hide behind behind their computers, blackberries, and tvs all day long. There is less real-life human interaction, even for people that aren't shy. I'm not sure if you've had customer service problems, but it is a big sign with customer service at how filthy society has gotten. Customer service isn't what it used to be. My dad discussed this with me. He talked to me about the good old days when people weren't zombies to home electronics and would sit out on their porch and talk to people because they had nothing else to do. People needed to associate with people, and because of this people tended to know and understand how to treat others with respect. But today, you've got all these people that would rather watch Glee like u said, lol, and stay inside their homes away from the world. Friendliness has faded severely. Listen to the radio, you hear this rap music with these guys degrading women while at the same time insulting their peers. And this music is popular, it's in style to insult someone. I was at a party and the life of the party was two youngsters freestyling about how they thought the other guy was such a loser and had a small penis. It's cool to talk trash now, it didn't used to be like that. Yes, I'm a hypocrite, because I too hide with my electronics, so no we all can't be held responsible. But at least I'm a nice person, too many other people in this New Age can't say the same.

James awesome post. I agree ;):rolleyes:

Aussie_Lad

Everybody says the wrong thing one time or another. The girl in the OPs post probably realised that it was the wrong thing to say after she said it, but once it's out there, there is no turning back. She could admit that she was wrong, but that takes enormous strength, strength that most people do not possess.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal
with the intent of throwing it at someone else;
you are the one who gets burned."
- The Buddha