Off my chest rants- or how not to live your life

Megaten

You know, Ive honestly not talked to a guy that said he likes penciled eyebrows. I think the "correct" way is supposed to be to use the pencil to enhance what you already have instead of straight shaving them off. That doesnt mean they wont still try to sleep with them though. Because they may not even be looking at that. If a woman posts some glamour shot on facebook and has some revealing low cut top, dudes may totally ignore whats going on with their face altogether lol.

grapevine

Exactly, its to enhance - not replace!! Well the guy that I mention all the time seems to like that look- and its funny to me because I remember him once talking about some woman in the shop that looked female until she talked and you saw her face close up and was clearly a man. Well, those women he actually likes online- a lot of them actually to me do look like men hahahaha, really they do, like trans women because of those eyebrows and hair and overall makeup look. And its unfortunate that those photos only show the face and not thr body too- so he just likes those black marker texta eyebrows.

Yeah, it gets to me still- but its not that bad as when I was around him at work. To see someone be online and actually see how they express themselves on there- I mean you can tell a lot about someone by getting their fb feeds. And if you saw his you would be concerned. Every morning there is usually bathroom mirror videos with serious high ego almost psychopathic expression on his face as he stares at himself. Its quite intense and kind of scary to view. The things he does on there are all based on his beliefs that he thinks he is a master at controlling people kind of. But yet, in person he is actually very warm and sincere and admitting of his illness in amongst his illness that is. So I just try to not take anything I see on there - I just try not to care and see it as nothing to do with me because it isnt. I mean it was a bit silly of me last night to get a bit upset because there was a post he had about how one of his friends was going out with 6 girls at once or something and he mentioned how he could easily bang lots of girls but choses not to (lol) and then pointed out that if he fell head over heels for a musician girl then he probably wouldnt be such an angry guy or something like that - not that cares- it was sad to see then that he posts pictures of some woman he does not know and write as though she was talking to him lol..
So I mean its so silly. I guess because here I am- I offered myself I guess and I was not good enough. That is what made me upset. And on Friday he contacted me to tell me that he was broke and tired and couldnt hang out with me. He was being honest and legit I know that. But like why do we have to go out to eat and spend money just to hang out with me? But I dont really want to hang out with a guy that doesnt see me as attractive that I kind of liked. Because it hurts. Yet at the same time I have this reality check that wants me to see those things for what they are- when I am sitting aside from him next time and having dinner- I just want to be able to overlook him, and feel better about myself- and be straight forward I guess. I would love to just be sitting there and feeling my best about myself and confident and actually just tell him to his face- ask him why he asked me out for- why he doesnt seem interested to really be my friend and that it hurts to be treated a bit like a guy when I am a female. I would like to tell him that I thought that new years was a date and that I thought things along those lines at work for sometime because I hadnt the experience to know otherwise. And I would like to tell him that I enjoy hanging out with him and having a laugh but at the same time feel a bit disrespected because I dont look a certain way etc.

Well only the first part I would say. But anyway, I think I am more and more starting to get over it all. He is a really big shadow- dealing with someone like that - I hate to feel like a tiny spec in their world and I know that for me to be healthy I need to make the importance of him in my life to be even less than a spec. And I know that I have had my own issues of why I have held on, but I try to detach those from him. And its alot better that I dont see him now. Its easier.

You know I was feeling like I had to change my whole look about myself in order to be okay for him. But I realise that I have my own features - my own natural look that is far easier and better to deal with than any other. I have auburn hair, pale skin, blue eyes, --- I am my own me and I can improve on being the best me I can on the outside rather than trying to change everything.

Yes I am still in turmoil over how I look. Today again was hard. My niece and nephew were over unexpected in the morning and my sister and her husband over. Its just the way I see myself is so negative - in the mirror - that to go out and so******e even with my family - and little children can be a strain -because its straight there in my mind - and I hate how I feel abnormal and my neice is very good looking and my sister looks better than me and etc..
I can go back and forth in apprehension in that mirror.

What I see is something I wont mention. I want my brain to think in the other rail. But I think I can see without distortion as much - well I mean I see my flaws in the changes in my face recently - but I think I see those flaws as huge life altering painful things, rather than just hate it but get on with it. So I feel like I just want to get this filler thing done- because its a corrective thing to me. I have lost volume, I hate that loosing 30kg in 9 months has left me with ageing. I look back and see my face when I was even 92 kg some few years ago and my face was like a big round thing- so to be 53 kg now and see my face deflated looking and my cheeks gone- looking unfeminine - well yeah. I think it would help my self esteem to have something done to try to fix or undermine that. And Im also thinking about maybe eyelid surgery in the long term too. That has always been an issue with me. Ive always had the droopy kind, and never really wanted surgery because I thought it would make me look weird and be too much change. If I want to have that done I think it would have to be very minor. I guess from my weightloss- very droopy eyelides have been part of the issues I hate when I look in the mirror too. I think if I were to get that done too that it would open up my eyes and not only the physical feeling of my eyesite being better, but would make my eyes unhidden asthetically.
I have got this kit though I ordered in the midst of having such heartache over these image issues- its like a eyelid lift kit thing. I will see how that goes.

I am thinking about just wanting to get confidence again- and the one thing that is making me so depressed and ashamed is the changes in my face and body recently. In my body I feel like I am a skeleton and very boney and ugly and my face all melted and ugly. I am hating my nose too.

But I am wanting to believe in myself that I can do things to improve on myself outside and in regardless.

grapevine

Finding it very hard to do anything now. I feel so crippled even to eat - it's horrid.
I find it almost impossible to do just the tiniest productive thing. I just today, had a day of looking in the mirror and pulling my face back and stuff like that - looking how to change my appearance, looking at procedures and looking at very horrible recent photos of myself.
I seriously hate myself now. I hate the way I look immensely that I just can't take it. I see a manly looking face , I see a droopy face and saggy eyelids and I hate my body.
I have to contend with romantic stuff on the Internet from that guy that he thinks it's all about looks - pictures of all these women all he time. And I just can't even go out. Just to even feel comfortable now even if a guy did like me - I see why that guy treated me like a guy.
I just can't take it anymore - for so long I thought that even though I was so overweight and a hermit that at least I was okay with my face most of he time and I always had this belief that if I really looked after my diet and worked out a little I could really look nice. But then I actually did that and lost 30kg in the space of 9 months or more. I didn't expect that I would be left looking so horrid and not the same face I had.
I thought that the way I took care of myself with juicing and eating a high raw diet that I would of looked a lot better - but then since the start of this year everything's gone down hill and my cheeks are just bone with no fat it's all slid down and I was looking up mini facelifts and eyelid lift and other procedures. I'm going to rebook for another consultation with the filler procedure. But even so they can't exactly change how o look and make me a different person.

I just feel so insecure about myself - so spun out. I feel like I'm aging fast and I'm too ugly in my body and face and hair etc to even be considered romantically.
I just want to wrap myself in cotton wool again and just slowly try to take care of myself.

grapevine

Just the act of going into the lounge room with my parents as I plan on making up lucky dips for kids for work - and yet just to sit down there and with the light on above me and my dog with severe seperation anxiety from just me walking around the house to find things - the anxiety just that gives me and then to accidentally see yourself in the mirror again and then you try to compose yourself and get back to things but it just can't be held in and you end up back in bed again.
Then you decide to not feel alone and go on fb and seeing old school mates with their ups and downs from what they've posted but then there is once again photos of women from that guy again with always roses or some sort of flower pics and hearts and god knows what else - tonight some sexual pic of a women's legs half open - I mean really - honestly I feel like just flooding my page with pictures of men like that and only let him see it - overtime make him feel a bit less than . Now he's thinking of loosing his weight and stuff - I wish he would get lots of wrinkles.
I just seriously hate it all. It's disrespectful , women have to look perfect to be liked.
I'm not perfect , nobody is , but I'm really not in any best form right now either I really hate the way I look.

Louco

My brother have Schizoaffective disorder, which is a mix of schizophrenia and depression combined.

You know grape, the brain of a person with schizophrenia is messed up way beyond only the hallucinations and odd behavior. Their problem is that they are not capable of understanding the world around them, and no medicine can change that. They can only be kept calm enough so their delusions and paranoid ideas won't cause them to become too antisocial for living in society.

A person who can't understand reality obviously can't be considered as someone who can have a reasonable opinion about you, it's simple as that. Also if there's anything you would like to know about my experience dealing with this disease I will gladly share what I know.

I hope you get better, I'm cheering for you. :)

grapevine

Wow thanx louco 🙂

I can see on one hand how abnormal this person is and yet on the other he was a person who I worked with who had responsibilities to basically run the shop I work in - so it's like he's normal but he's not.
I know I shouldn't take any of his reality personally, it just drives me into my own sensitivities of that I'm not good enough as I look and all that stuff.

At least today I've gotten out the old work books I had 8 years ago -'The body image workbook' and 'The bdd workbook' . I prefer the body image one rap talking about wanting some kind of control.
Because that's what it is, you want control.
It's just quite hard to get up in the morning. Knowing that you have to face that mirror and be apprentice and not like what you look like to the point ifintensly and also to just have all that stuff on the internet that he puts on just really makes it worse, in fact it can make me feel so angry. Angry towards him for calling me mate and for posting all those fake women thinking I his world that love is lust or something and completely dependent on how you look. It's those messages that I run away from many years ago when I was abused - and for all I know he probably has a relationship with these women on his mind anyway - but it just pokes right at me in saying I'm not that or that and not worthy of that because that etc.. And it's a hurtful cycle.

I just want to be able to have a best self again - where I can look in the mirror and like stuff. I guess we all do , but I have trouble with insecurities and yesterday they were extreme. I felt so uncomfortable and unsafe in my body as though what happened to me in my past had just happened - I felt so insecure and unworthy because of how I looked on everything. It can be very crippling.
Yet I see people that have such confidence in themselves and their lives at my age and have found their inside beauty reflected on their outsides- I want to be there. And yet my therapist has told me that I haven't had any if not at all good feedback on my life - as to why I am so sensitive and insecure esp around men.

I guess being so sensitive and reacting to what a schizophrenic does online which had nothing to do with me other than I get his feeds - it sounds a bit silly.

It just triggers me and confuses me and relives rejection over and over because of how I look - I guess that is it.

I haven't looked after myself for weeks now. Partly because I've been too ill and partly because I have t bothered. I thought that although inside I would feel amazing when I cared about actually getting in my hydration and juicing a lot and eating fruit as well as my meals- I thought that would equal looking better in my skin and stuff and so to have seen my face in the negative way my motivation to care has been skewed really.
But I was looking at photos of me when I was at my highest weight of 92kg and saw my face was so wide and like a balloon shape - to have shrunk to what it is now I guess perhaps because of my diet and juicing and all that - that it's not as bad maybe as it could have been- but my weight just all fell off in a short period of time and I've had to try and deal with all these changes as well as this guy and being so away from society for my adult life to then entering in since last year, I got the bad luck of the draw I guess to if associated with someone like him that can only be in his own world but yet be deceptive in thinking that he is normal and stuff. I just find it hard to k ow who and where I am in society. A big part of me doesn't want to be accepted by others because to me that means they accept how I look and I don't, it's really silly.

I am thinking that I want to get this little procedure done and then forget for awhile about anything to do with image somehow. But I want to look after myself again. Felt better than, but it's very hard presenting your face at people all the time when you are so ashamed and embarrassed because of it. ESP with me when I open my mouth, laughing or talking. But it's like we all have these goals in us that try to get rid of our insecurities and can control and I want to do that again, but I want to be able to my image somewhat - but in a healthy way. So working through my books and trying to be mindful of negative stuff and filling up my pinboard once again with my goals and stuff. I just want to feel feminine and secure and in control and confident and compassionate again.

Last edited:

grapevine

I so hate this illness. I was fine for years avoiding everything and then I go and stir that pot again and unleash what all the inner turmoil I had within. But now comes aging too and it's so very hard.

I hate how I feel so compelled to have to look in that mirror and analyse my face and or other parts of me and I can do that for hours , then get extremely upset and distressed big time and completely feel in such emotional pain that to even get up to go to the toilet is a huge effort. That anything is an effort and everything seems a nightmare. Then sometimes I read or see people on fb that remind me that no one is without fault and that I maybe am normal and sometimes I can see that - sometimes a tiny little bit of nice too birthday is usually if I had this and this done etc- and that makes it so much worse looking at procedures and stuff. Tonight I was so vonvinced that I needed upper eyelid surgery - and I probably do - but I thought in my mind that it was the hope that would make me look so much better and that made me feel not so depressed and s bit okay with hope. But then later I go and do my mirror thing and realise it wasn't just that I need and then I see my face again and try to see how I could look better. I would really benefit from a mini facelift which is completely different to an actual facelift, it's more an out patient thing. But yeah. I think I am just going to try this volume filler thing in my cheeks and stuff because that is the thing bothering me the most is my face melt.

But like usual around this time I have thoughts and hopes, goals of where I want to be like visions - and I just want to be content and happy and get out in the air and exercise. I want to feel healthy again.

Being almost bed bound these days and hardly going out except for work three times a week now - I don't get outdoors much at all. I am so very ill lately - this year has been so bad. I used to have pleasure in things - now I don't and I can't even look after my animals anymore my mum has to do it.

Last edited:

grapevine

Okay went down the hill again tonight , way way down once again.

The thing is I didn't have a huge issue before, it was more of my weight that I always knew I could oneday lose and regain confidence in my body image. But it this huge difference in my face that is bothering me so badly. It's so severe emotionally to me because I have this bdd but I know that the issue physically is a real issue that has appeared this year, I mean I can actually physically feel it.
When I mention that my face has dropped - I'm not saying that as an expression , I am being littoral.
It's devastating to me because I have bdd - but it would be devastating for anyone to get this - esp women my age or younger.

It's as if I woke up one day after a huge amount of anxiety and stress and depression and being almost bed bound - after months of that - it's as though I woke up and there it was in the mirror - my face sliding down and folding like a delated balloon.
I mean I have lost a lot of weight with this depression including muscle weight. And I haven't been very active at all so the blood flow has been bad hence with stress and prob hadn't got as much nutrients as I needed because of depression.

Anyway, it is like a medical issue right on my face. I look at anyone now and see their round cheeks and get jealous, and also eyelids.
See, all the fat in my face has slid downwards and I can feel the weight of it, yet on my cheekbones there is just bone - it's just a horrible look , not to mention my tear area under the eyes are getting hollow now.

I just hate it and I want it fixed, even though I feel like getting it fixed probably won't work and won't change the basis of my bdd regardless of this face slide.

I know I want to try these fillers - I hate the look of them Bri g fake - but it's better than what I've got now .
My fear is that having fillers probably won't fix the issue. I know some slight.surgery would and that is something I might like to consider in the future as time goes on with more gravity.

I just hate hate that everything I've gone through that this had to happen to me.

I hate my droopy baggy eyelids, my sagged hollow face, oldie undereyes, my narrow small mouth and jaw.

I just want to look reasonable, normal. I want to look healthy and be able to make myself up every now and then ,

But instead I just feel ashamed and want to hide away because of this issue.

A tiny comfort is watching s bit of Miranda Hart . I like her.

I just want to try and fix this issue with my face.

grapevine

Im sick of this negative self talk that I read, that I have wrote about myself. But its honesty of a reflection of how my mind is in those huge dizzying effects of mental illness I guess.

Im crying a bit, its late and I am just feel so stupid in myself. Its was just so easy for me to de-value myself just because of some guy. And tonight, I just cant help myself sometimes, I guess I need a reality check- that is what I look for - idk really- maybe its just to see a weird security thing that isnt really security at all. I dont really know, but I went on his page tonight and had a little look. So this person I know that I dont really like anymore, but still feel the need to want to have that person in my life and put him up on some pedastool kind of because when Im accepted by him I feel good about myself in a feminine way perhaps, but then again he is the total opposite of that for me really.
Anyway, I cry because I think about him all the time still, regardless of real life. I dont think in romantic terms but in friend terms, but the reality is that this person is by far anyone that I should be friends with or have any clinging to.
I just hate how I cling to that one person and think that because out of anyone I have been around, when he was at work he did make me feel those things I woud desire from that I never get from anyone else. And for me, someone harshly abused and rejected in my past by a male, to have one in the present invite me over and stuff was a big deal and made me feel valued. I know its unhealthy, but its just there and I am mindful of it.

The pain that men can give women is horrible. All that pressure, to look a certain way- that it doesnt matter how they look majority- but it matters deeply to them how a woman should be attractive. You know, so I just hate it - it makes me feel so insecure about myself, how I look and my body and all that.
So i get a bit upset when I see videos of him and his mate - who has this large wooden poster of a naked woman lying with her genitalia exposed, and the video of them watching something that has women parading in a some beauty contest, start of a film or something idk, I dont care. But I cant help but break down when I see things like that- with bdd or my body image issues- its almost ironic how these things are so apparent and everywhere, especially in places in the past you thought were safe.

I just really hate it. I mean, it sends the message that all men are shallow and that this huge weight of pressure is on women to look attractive to men's standards otherwise we are a nobody and labeled that. Its like even if I were to find a really down to earth, loveable guy that he would probably still be exactly like every other guy right- shallow on women's looks and have collections of women on the internet ( those photoshopped weird selfie women).
It will never end.

Someone like myself so insecure. I mean look back at my traumas- imagine being in bed with a guy and your half naked and he tells you the things he doesn't like about your body to you, and that your too skinny and this and that. Imagine the heartbreak, hurt and anger and feeling so defeat and insecure lying there. .. That was me 9 years ago. A long time, but I had alot of trauma from that person, even though I never provoked, was always passive and always nice to him. It was abusive and it was a trauma.

Anyway, so things just kick back at me because of this guy. I go through my head most days lots of thoughts about how sad it is for me to live like this- thinking about someone that is not thinking about me- and someone too how is someone that shouldnt even appeal to me. I go through days seeing myself as someone else. As a looser kind of thing, seeing how I am rejected on many levels. And how men arent safe. Seeing how I will everyday somehow think that I might be thought of or invited over knowing that it is very unlikely.

I go through days thinking about when that guy told me how good looking so and so of his past was- as in trying to tell me I wasnt good enough- that its all about looks and I am not in that crowd, but I somehow thought I was then, thought I had some pretty in me and sexy too. Then so many things to back all that up, the negative stuff.
To think of lonely days ahead too. And to think back that I was a joke to that person probably. I was never what I thought I was to him. I just get attachted to people and their security.
And its horrible. I guess this person drove me up the wall. I hate it. This person doesnt like me, doesnt think about me. Have no idea why he has wanted to hang out with me. I think its because he has felt sorry for me in being lonely or maybe he thinks that because he knew that I liked him- that it is an ego thing I dont know.

I just dream about kicking his butt one day- as insane as he is. Its a fantasy that is based on my self esteem and ego and wanting to be unrealistic. I would love to make myself up for once - because I never wear makeup. I would love to define my behind (yes lol) and all that, and wear cool clothes, have nicer hair and for once actually feel confidence in my body image again but flexible and confident to be feminine and be pretty kind of.
I would love to be that way and then see that guy next time we are to hangout. Like I said unrealistic. But wouldn't that be something if he saw me as attractive and sexy, feminine and saw my confidence in that. That I accepted and loved myself and made myself pretty and attractive with a makeover and self acceptance. I would if that happened, I would want to reject him too kind of.

Anyway there are things I wanted to mention but a bit tired so I will continue later.

grapevine

Having written the above post makes me feel a bit embarrassed but I think it helps get it out there and score my brain for the things that are just not benefiting me much. I mean I believe in the greys in life and I'm an optimist - what I think and feel I know there has to be a catalyst from those things - motivation to change things that make me unhappy and realising the things that I want in my life. So I shouldn't be ashamed nor embarrassed of a rant even though it's over the top a bit. It helps put things in perspective.

So today I got some sunshine, I bought some raw vegan slices of cake - one which resembled a snickers bar among them. I bought my yummy cashew cheese and groceries and then went to bunnies thrift store and bought some brand new with tags and all selvedge Levis jeans for a neat deal - I can sell them in my online shop.

But something today, although it was an okay day - something physical was on my mind relating a little to bdd but mostly just really annoying - and it's something that always bothers me physically and that is my upper eyelids. They have nearly always been droopy as it runs on my fathers side of the family. The feeling of this weight over half your eyes all the time is just I'm fed up with it- especially since I've lost a lot of weight. It feels heavier - half my eyelashes are covered. But see, that's kind of always been how I look like it's not that bad like an aging thing just a type of eye look I guess - but I've never been one to wear eyeshadow as you can't see it anyway.
So because it's been physically annoying me - constantly having to lift my eyelids with my fingers and forehead in order to see better, and the heavy weight feeling is so uncomfortable all the time - I'm just sick of it and have been for ages. Waking up in the morning is worse because I can't hardly see from eye puffiness from the lids.
So I decided to look up surgery online and what would be involved and how it would change the way I look. I've always wanted it done but thought that I would look ugly and weird without my kind of baggy eyelids. And it's kind of difficult to see what I might look like with having surgery to reduce some skin there. But watching videos of ordinary people having it done and the after pictures are so much better and the people feel so much better as they can see way better. Even an old librarian looked so much better afterwards.
So I then kind of think that it is something I would like to do for myself because I'm 33 - and not getting any younger (although through my diet I hope to ward off some) and I would hate it to get worse and annoy me further.
So I've looked in the mirror and tried to adjust what it could look like because physically I want it but asthetically I'm a bit apprehensive about. I wouldn't want a lot taken off, I would not want big sockets to appear all of a sudden, I just want the weight taken off and a little bit of eyelid showing I guess. So I think I might talk to my doctor about it. The thing is having bdd or body image stresses - to make changes and have to go through sessions involving people highlighting your physical appearance and having to have photos taken and mirrors and stuff is extremely difficult for me.
But I have looked in the mirror and tried to see my reflection without the baggy eyelids and I think it would look nice and open up not only my sight but my eyes as well.
So astheticslly I want to like my outter appearance and do things that can help me win confidence rather than what I always did in the past and avoid it. I think for me to do that is to deal with changes I want, go through them, then avoid my appearance for a while and the emphasis on it, then go back to it again - so like a wave , at the same time desensitising myself to the importantsnce of it whilst also doing stuff with it- something like that - bound to have very bad times though I know that.

But I would like to have eyelid surgery and a little filler in my cheeks. I think over time those things would help with my appearance - sounds vain - but part of having a good body image is being able to do things for yourself - for your appearance because it can on a level help you accept yourself first. So for me to have those two things done, I have to see myself okay and normal and then after that want to enhance something or slightly change something - not completely change how I look etc.

So yeah - bit tired

Last edited:

grapevine

Yeah so I think about how I 'need' surgery - I mean yes I hate the physical feeling of droopy eyelids and the look and the way it impairs my vision but I've read things about surgery that I'm not prepared to accept so I'm gonna try those eyelid strip things instead.

Waking up is very hard these days- I look in the mirror and hate it. Last night I felt anxious all night, I ate a lot , overrate and had that feeling I hadn't had in ages about wanting to emotionally keep stuffing myself with food. But I have hormones so I just never ever beat myself up for eating - I just do what my body wants.

But I just want to get back into the routine I had not long ago, when I was on top of things - before my world collapsed into rejection and ugliness and then self rejection.

Before that, I oil pulled and then juiced my kale/spinach/cucumber and Beetroot/Apple every morning and then I would make sure I had my litre of water all morning as well as hydrating fruits. That was my thang, to have that morning cleansing my body inside with nutrients and hydration and feeling really alive and getting a kick from it, craving it.
But since things changed a month or 2 ago, and I've come to really struggle with how I see myself - I find it very hard to self care like that.
I feel like I have to wing it, I mean care for myself despite hating my appearance. But most people care for themselves with big elements to do with their appearance. Its hard to balance it and hard to feel okay.
But I will never give up. I want to workout again and feel fit again , and juice again - just hard when you have negative images and situations in your mind that can make you breakdown and loose strength , and then there is always the bad mirror or camera even worse.
It's very hard.

grapevine

So I get into this thing where the mornings are worst and the late nights are where I get to some positive mentality (that unfortunately is short lived when I go to sleep).

Been having quite bad nightmares lately. 2 nights ago it was a big tsunami and then last night it was me in a holiday house with the guy I talk about all the time and close people that I dont know and having to climb/run down this mountain in a hurry because the volcano had errupted big time and molten lava and smoke was everywhere- and half the people that were with us went on a walk to the crater.

I just keep having these kind of nightmares. And it reminds me of when I was 24 and laying in bed with this emotionally abusive guy (and they can be nice too). I remember having this full on nightmare of the devil and torture and pain and lurring me into it - I remember waking up screaming and in a sweat. I know now what that had represented.

And I think I know what these new nightmares are somewhat about anyway. Telling me to run from something. I think that something is a somebody.

Its kind of funny now, because as I get his feeds on fb, I realise that he is just full on not 'sane'- and Im not saying that perversely, I just mean literally. His world, his reality is dysfunctional. And online, its a cycle. Being into black haired women now lol and vampires and stuff. I guess I can see things from an outsider point of view now and see that more and more the illness that makes that person who he is. I guess it shrinks that pedistool.
But I still cant help wanting to see his ordinary day to day photos of what he's up to and where he's been- even if its just a photo of some carpark or something- it just gives me some secure feeling idk.

Ive been busy making alot of lucky dips for children for work lately. Ive been sitting on the lounge carpet in front of the tv and sifting through all these old unwanted toys and books from donations - and some of my old craft stuff and putting together some really trendy/cool lucky dips. Bit by bit - done over 20 but I think I will get to 30 by tomorrow. I feel some comfort doing that in the day whilst mum is sitting there watching Murder She Wrote and Magyver lol.

But every morning I just prefer to want to sleep in. It is sooo hard when faced with such depression. Its not until about noon that I get up lately. I just want to sleep and not face my face literally.

I judge myself on how others have perceived me. Like for instance, last week this new guy at work who is over 50 and quite obese- he was talking about weightloss and stuff and I mentioned to him that I had BDD- I dont know why- I just didnt care and said that- and explained that it was like OCD a bit.
Then he starting talking about his sister with OCD and how she does things like preserve a bedroom just for looking at and nothing else.. but the thing that I didnt like was when he told me his sister was 'very pretty'. I know I shouldn't really care about that but I did because I feel like when people do that- like my mum does it all the time about people, its like when someone says that to you- it is as though you are not valued in that way I guess. So to me, on that day, I was struggling just to be there- I didnt want anyone to see me and I thought I looked manly and horrible and not right- and so for a man to say that someone else is pretty I guess emphasized my devalue of myself and that men value women based on looks, and I was not valued. That I think is the heart of it- not feeling valued because of my looks- and isnt it ironic- because it comes back to myself.

I just hate how I want the approval of people. I want a guy to tell me I am pretty and a women to as well. I want to be told that I look good. I want some praise for how I look. I mean who doesnt right? But its like something I am chasing all the time. Because I want to feel like I am okay I guess. Because I dont trust what I see.

If I look back in the rare photo of myself - lets say when I was 18-19- I remember being quite overweight from anti-depressants and had very short hair. I remember my sister who had this great job working at the Hilton hotel and she was hosting this big 21st birthday for herself where it was in this fancy place. I remember she was all dressed up in this revealing tight dress and there were loads of fancy people I didnt know. And at that time I was very ill and housebound - wouldnt even go out in a car at some stages. But the antidepressants were the worst thing that happened to me then. But anyway- this is why I have had trouble trusting myself with my looks- I mean I decided back then that I wanted to wear this leopard type blouse- I was very adamant that I wanted to buy this blouse. I remember going to the store and asking this lady where the blouse was pointing to the catalogue and she telling me it was in the older ladies section ( I mean come on- I had no clue??!!). Seriously, I thought that wearing an old ladies button up leopard blouse (and it was like year 2002 or something) would look so good on me and make my face look good or something.. and so there I am in photos wearing this god ugly old persons blouse (buttoned up to the collar I might add) - and the family around me seeing that I am clearly unwell mentally at the time- enhanced because of what I was wearing.

I mean there have been countless times where I have fully believed in wearing something or doing something to do with my image where I have thought at the time it would be really good- when really it is very odd. So I just have a hard time trusting myself with those things.
Its like I cant see the whole picture or something. Actually it reminds me of when I was in highschool and got a little obsessed with this girl on a teen drama show, and wanted to look like her- so I put my hair in a bun and put fake tan on my face.. and I must of looked weird back in what ..?? (1999?) I remember a friend nudging another friend and pointing at my face and laughing- lol - so yeah.
Its always been like everyone is normal and Im not. Back when I was 13 and 14- I remember wearing loads and loads of makeup and it was all I thought about all the time. My face and having to reapply makeup. I would ask to go to the toilet all the time in class just so that I could take my makeup bag- my compact and everything and reapply my face. I would get so caught up in the mirror and trying to see or fix myself that it would be hard to get away from it- it would be such a high anxiety because to go back into class and face everyone and feel highlighted like everyone could see me - which they could- would freak me out. I had to look good- had to get to somewhere in the mirror I could be okay with. I remember even standing on the toilet just so that I could see my reflection in the mirror where the sinks were. I would take ages in those toilets looking at my reflection. And before that, when I was 11/12 , I would actually put talc powder on my face before I went to school. I had tried some friend's mum's makeup and thought it was cool but didnt have any myself but talc was the next best thing. I remember being told every morning that I looked so white- and I remember thinking how good I liked that comment because I grew up watching all those old 30s/40s/50s films with pale women the in thing- you know delicate and stuff lol. I actually thought it was a compliment.

Then I also remember when I had my boyfriend and going into the toilets at a fast food outlet- I remember in my bag I had eyedrops and so much makeup. I remember him waiting for me and I think I took over half an hour in there.

So Ive had this most of my life. Even when I was quite young- like 8 years old I remember going through department stores with my nanna and my mum trying to find a rainjacket and saying no with high anxiety over everyone. Even back further then that. At a young age of 5 and 6 I could stop watching myself in the mirror all the time. I would be dancing and singing and had compulsions to keep going back to the mirror. And I remember too, never being satisfied with socks. Like trying in all my socks out the draw and not liking any of them.
Its weird, but I think it may be a genetic thing this bdd a bit. Not to say that I cannot change it - or more likely excuse and manipulate it.

I mean my sister was always the one that would walk in to those small trendy, teen, clothes stores - I would be the one feeling insecure and not ever wanting to walk in there. I would be the one who found it always hard to buy new clothes. (But thank god for online shopping now and large serve yourself department stores). I mean I am getting better at it but its always look at the floor and avoid all mirrors.

So I did this thing today - which is quite funny and embarrassing. So I have ordered a week ago now these double eyelid tapes. Which is basically a Japanese thing where there are these sticky little shapes resembling the shape of toenail cuttings lol), anyway what you do is stick it in the crease of your eyelid and it lifts up any saggy skin there and creates a double eyelid.

So I have been waiting for this product and it wont arrive until weeks probably. So I decided to see what it would look like by cutting some tough bandaids lol. So there I was this afternoon with bandaid bits on my eyelids. But I was very surprised to see the difference. Like I could see better and I looked a little better I think. The thing I think is that these Ive ordered - it might be obvious idk. But its better than getting some operation anyway.

Having said that, I still want to get some filler in my cheeks. I seem to think that will make me look more feminine , but anyway. I know I am obsessed much more lately about looks.
I just want to find myself in the mirror- someone I like and I know I need to do it internally too.

I want to get into fitness and weights and stuff. I have this thing where I want to make room in my bedroom to do all that- but when morning comes - all I want to do is hide in bed.

I seem to think that if I cannot see someone I like in the mirror and get very distressed in seeing I look a bit manly or not as feminine as I want, and dont like myself.. well I jsut feel like I am not worth anything.

I mean last night I was silly enough to get annoyed with my hair so much that I just got some scissors and cut bits off. Now my hair is weird. But I needed a cut. Just doing it myself in a darkly lit room..

So I have this goal of mine - not sure on the time frame. But anyway- I want to look feminine more- I want to with the help of my therapist push my boundaries more with my insecurities and start to feel comfortable expressing myself as a female I guess.

So I know that I want to start wearing my hair half down soon. But not since I cut it- give it a few months or so to settle. I think hair is a big feminine thing. And I always wear it up.
The other thing is I want to work out and feel good about my body physically rather than how it looks.
And also I want to wear a bit of make up and these eyelid tapes (lol) - Im being honest here- these seem all about my looks and they are - I have goals for other things in my life- but on here because it bothers me- its my looks.

I just want to get to that place where you know to do to look good for yourself and you feel somewhat okay with that. I know, I know I am just writing about looks all the time. Its whats in my head I guess.

But really, I guess what I want is to put my head down and get on with my life. To stop waiting on someone for a friendship that is not there - because feeling left out and not thought or cared about is not nice. In fact, thinking about things that you dont have can lead to a bad pathway. Partly why I have this depression.

But regarding my looks and not being happy. I figure that even if I am not content right now, and even if I am obsessed with wanting to be, that regardless of those 2 things- that self care is the way to go. So to be mindful and think/do above my illness. To look after myself and just feel better and better (hopefully). To do my juicing (esp the beetroot **for my depression), to start lifting weights and moving my body, to eat more fresh fruit and hydrate more, to get out in the fresh air and sun, to look after my skin and treat myself to masks and things like that regardless of how I feel about my looks.

I figure if I can just do those loving things for myself more and more, then maybe overtime- I might start to love myself again and start to value myself and those around me once again.

Last edited:

grapevine

Its a Saturday morning and Im feeling bloated and apprehensive of where I want to go in my mind and what I want to do today. Last night I had banished my cravings for comfort food and made myself a raw vegan snickers bar which involved cashews and dates and chocolate.. and now this morning Im eating it, its so yummy. But I know that its not the best to eat that in the morning, I usually go for lighter foods in the morning as it helps with my mindset - I dont know why but it does. So right now I am completely bloated and overtaxed a bit Im waiting for my hormones to kick in iykwim.

There is always a thing at home, being at home- this is the place where its been an unhealthy environment for me over the years and a healthy one too. Its hard not to have a fear everyday and night that I am going to turn back into that person that cant even leave the house and become severely overweight again and with no independence and live for others and not care about herself. I am not that person anymore, yet I am in the same environment and suddenly deciding not to go in to work today (as a volounteer on weekends I might add), it makes me feel apprehensive to do stuff at home- because then I find out its my reality, I live here etc.

Ive got a room full of hoarding stuff over 6 months worth of thrift. Stuff that are really worthy finds that can make good profits for me. But I just need to unpack it all and get started listing and find my excitement and energy I used to have for it.

I would much rather go thrift shopping today and I was thinking about it- but its cold and wet and I feel bloated and puffy and self conscious of going out today. I might later who knows.
Maybe I might actually take my dog for a walk. Its terrible how when you have depression, you can create depression for your pets too. I havent taken him for a walk reguarly since last year. We live on a large acreage and he can go out when he pleases- but he doesnt. He just always waits for me in the hopes of me taking him for a walk. And that has been one of my goals - to start taking him again.

Talking about goals, my empty pinboard may be actually filled up once again, finally. Last year I made it my dream board and had everything on there I wanted and the time frame I wanted it- and I cannot believe that it all came true. I would look at it all the time, even subconciously too - it was there in front of me all the time. And then at the start of this year I took it all off because I had achieved those things and with the intention of finding some new goals - but I just couldnt grasp any intentions to what I really wanted to work on and concentrate on in my life. I was just so consumed with trying to work out where I stood with the guy at work then, I was riding this roller coaster that was not pleasant. To try and find continued affection from someone with a dissociative disorder. I realist almost strikingly now that his delusions and the way his life is - is not the same reality to mine and other people. His reality is caught up and wrapped in delusions and unrealistic versions of himself. He is a nice person, but I will never be that perfect delusion of women he gets all fussed about with tumblr photos he has looked up . Its a shame that he thinks that buckets of makeup on a woman makes them beautiful. But I choose to see the outside of this now and am happy I can now. But having said that, the way I work when I want to achieve things- part of my motivation is to contrast my goals against other people in my world. Im not saying comparing, Im saying that it always gives me a huge pull and push in motivation when I think about how others could react to my achievements. When I lost weight, a big part of it was that I wanted to show those around me that anything I would say I as going to do- that I would do it. I wanted to change my idea of myself into someone who works hard and acheives anything they put their minds to. And so when people at work saw me very slim and not overweight- it was a little inspiration - and I was asked what I ate and things like that- I was encouraging people to actually eat vegan lol. But thats the thing I think- my goals have to reflect my values and be something that truely in my heart I really want. Attaching that to who I want to be - and who I am and building on those things.

So where do I want to go now? Well, I have a hard time at work lately. Everytime I go in there I feel like I am the ugly person. And I keep saying it on here all the time- that I want to be feminine and pretty and girly a bit. I want to scream out that. Its something I desire, although its partly asthetically based- its not all that- its much deeper. And going to see my therapist next week- I think will explore how I can feel comfortable more in dressing up and feeling/being more feminine. As part of the issue goes back to my childhood and abuse and wanting to feel safe and comfortable.

So I think that is above anything else- is what my heart desires - to re-invent myself once again. And its the 6 months mark I cannot believe its gone so fast. But I told myself to have my pinboard and my direction up by then. And since I have had time to think about what holes in my life come up and what I desire and deeply crave.

So Im ready I think, after a heap of quite severe depression and anxiety over a period of 4 months. I still have those times, but I havent been that bad this last week or so. So why not. Lets make my pinboard and look to the now and the future.

My intent, every night when I go to bed- its been on my mind and everyday when Im doing stuff- its on my mind. Like day dreaming. I can only build on myself from here. Valuing myself even when I dont by making these attainable goals based on my deep desires. It will make me happy- even the process of doing it .
You know, doing the little things that will make me into the mentality of how I want to see myself and my values. I want to fight my insecurities and kept fighting them. Not only in my body image but also socially and trying to find a positive social life I guess.

Yet its always the feelings and subconcious beliefs that make me feel like I am going through my past again. ITs just human nature I guess. But it give me alot of anxiety and fear and makes me act on intuition and almost obsessive and or compulsive ways.

I was feeling okay about my appearance for a short time today, but then the demons came back. And I know I put importance on it- I think that I have to be okay in the mirror to be truely accepted by others. I know.
Just going out to get somd dvds at a kiosk in the cold of night and I look through a cafe and see a big group of youngish people in their 20s or so all happy and talking, one girl - didnt see her face but she had long blonde hair. And I couldnt help but feeling disgusted with myself for the way I look- its like all of a sudden the negative image of myself appears and I just feel shame and depressed I guess- and connect that with why I am not accepeted and going out like that. But the truth is that I just dont so******e and I have been around the wrong people. And also that I can get very uncomfortable with my appearance around other people my age. See that is why I liked the guy at work, I thought of him as just a person that wasnt social and I didnt have to be ashamed of my age and where Im at because he was in the same boat. But then again im not that into heavy metal music- I mean I like some hits in that genre - but Im not a full on metal head like him and crude either.
I just feel ugly and left out. That is the theme coming this winter for me. But one day at a time. I still have my goals and although I didnt do my pinboard today, I did do other things for it and I did try to clean out my ebay room. I think Im not ready for eBay just yet again. I think its too stressful for me whilst Im still in this big low. But I want to concentrate on organization and in that area though prior to selling. And also exercise too.

Last edited:

grapevine

Its so cold here right now. Funny thing that I always loved winter for years, but now, as a smaller weighted person I think I am feeling the effects of it. I need lots of layers.

Still dealing with this body image issue. This damn insecurity.
So my morning was fraught with all my day plans disrupted with a call that my sister's family would be over (a 2 and 4 year old)- great fun to have over- just it always happens when I actually have the mortivation and have already started to do things in my day Ive been trying to get to for months. So it always pushes things back. But its a good distraction from my own world.
Just, today I had deep-set emotions about how I look and who I am. I crumble in my own mind to insecurity. It starts when I look in the mirror and sometimes I see I am okay, but most of the time I am not okay in my own judgement of myself. And to help with that I attach scenarios that have happened to factualise my judgement.
As much as talking to a therapist and as much as practicing cbt and mindfulness, its an image in a mirror and its an image in my mind. One is a reflection and one is my own body image in my mind. They connect.
I think everybody has their own 'best self' regarding their appearance. And I think generally people have a 'bad self' too, regarding their appearance too. I think most people can see that best self - it comes out when you see people's selfie profiles on facebook- either photoshopped or not. Those selfies have been picked out because they show or highlight their best self in appearance. I think when we see that best self in the mirror we can be on top of the world sometimes, feel beautiful. But its a conditional thing. That in order to feel beautiful, you look for that best self in the mirror again. But instead, if you have a condition like bdd, you might just see a very distressing highlighted issue/s about your appearance that can make you feel very ashamed and hurt. Like an unfair cancer. Then on top of that feeling guilty for indulging in feeling that way.
And it can last for weeks and months on certain things. Getting so spun out on it. Deep in anxiety and ocd and depression. Feeling like an outcast, embarrassed and not wanting to face the world, feeling so self conscious around anyone and living every moment hating how you look and how others see you. To be so desperate to try and find that best self or better in that mirror so you dont feel this way. It can be fleeting. One minute you can be feeling extremely depressed and distressed because you saw your reflection and it was a horrible sight and then the next minute you looked again and saw your best self- and so you become all happy and somewhat content/secure but know to completely be fearful of the mirror for to look again can result feeling bad again.
So much identity into how we look and how others must see us. How we look can mean ifa person wants to be around you or not. That is my present and history. Im like a magnet to people like that and its only re-forced that conditional-love/friendship belief.

grapevine

I just havent stopped eating this last 4 days or so. My body just wants alot of food. But it does make me get paranoid because being an emotional eater most of my life and in the same environment- it can trick you to think your doomed to be that very big person again. Because part of the emotional thing to do with food for me can be like I just want to stuff myself over and over- regardless if Im stuffed to the brim. Yet its funny how its always to do with males- if I am around men I find perhaps attracted to or so. Its like a chemical/hormone thing that totally jolts me off stuffing my face and into actually caring for myself. That is what happened to me last year. And that is how I lost alot of weight. I had that jolt every week and it pushed me. Now being more than a year later and being slim - yet I feel like I have to hold onto that guy from work because of those jolts that made me care for myself and push my independence. I feel like without daily reminders of his presence in this small world, in my hometown- even though I dont really even want to see him- I like the fact that he posts his everyday things- and I can choose to ignore or look at stuff. Just the smallest of things of everyday life- it makes me feel like structuring my day I guess. But there is alot of negative in that too. I dont like being a non-friend, I have to comprehend (and I suppose be grateful in many waysl) that Im not thought of or really wanted in his life, that I am not special and not hot to him and not really someone he really would like to hang out with, im someone he forgets about and interested in. And Im kind of getting to a stage where I am (despite going through rejection and bdd episodes) getting over this.
For instance, this morning I was on facebook and seeing everyone's posts and his came up with his usual selfie videos in the bathroom mirror (and yeah he has a completely different reality because of his illness - of what he thinks facebook is- more so of he thinks that everyone adores him or wants to know his reality or something- that his page is the best -stuff like that)- but Im writing about this because today he wrote about how he thinks he is so good looking (which to me I think he is not really) but it made me see just how much he sees of himself - and I wish I could go around believing things about myself like that. And I think that is a big part of why I was attracted to him- I wanted what he had- security and a really high self confidence about oneself that never changed. But I suppose you have to be delusional to have that like he does. It just threw me though, this morning when he wrote that because my mum had said from one of his photos that he was good looking when I showed her a while back- and that kind made me question what I see. Because I just remember last year and him telling me to think of a really good looking person to which no-one compares and that is what his ex was like (who I now realise I think perhaps was not even exactly real- or to what he remembers) - but that was basically saying to me that I was not good looking enough for him or something- I mean I never even provoked anything like that- I was just at work and feeling the best I had ever been and looking my best. Then it all came down. So when today he says that he is really good looking- it makes me back well away from him- makes me see that despite his illness, that he is just someone that cannot see beyond his box of his own delusional world. It just for me gets very frustrating because being someone with social phobia - when someone invites you over and you actually go a couple of times - and you actually enjoy yourself- you think - hey this person is a friend then. But then when that person basically ignores you but still considers you a friend. I just dont do it that way, I want to have a friend with communication of actually being considered and not feeling like I have to appeal in order to even be thought of. Someone I dont have to be conditional with and be all about them. Being around someone so high in ego and yet very caring - I thought that when he was very caring like that - and when he would play around and joke- I thought he liked me- anyone would. But it turns out he is like that with even his sister and so it just made every single thing so confusing to me - to feel rejection and confusion on a friend level and on a female level. The more I see from a distance of him, the more I see that I just want to kick him out of my life- yet I just feel like I cant- I guess where I am with him just online and seeing his posts is enough for me. I guess there is this grab from him still that makes me want to jolt myself back into self care again and femininity - that is the tie I have. But its not a friendship- its nothing. I dont know where I fit in in my world regarding people and how they see me. Ive spent so much time away from people that its such a pull to just want to fit in and yet also be yourself - be your best self- to want everyone to like you- to see you in a similar positive way you can see yourself sometimes.

Im just starting to see that guys world as something that I do not want to be a part of anymore. Once apon a time I wanted to try and be that woman that he would all of a sudden see beauty in and begin to like me even more. But I realise that it wont and that I dont even want it to anymore. I jsut want to relax and say I am okay as I am for a while- because I just feel completely insecure as a woman around men and all their asthetic crap and pressure they put on us. I just hate all that. I guess it hurt that that guy would post all these female models on his page and pictures of roses and all that crap- yet when he would talk to me- I would be called 'mate' like a guy. And to me, that made me feel like I am not good enough to be treated like a girl or something idk. It just meant that I was not good enough. That is what he represents to me- that I am not good enough. Dont need that.

grapevine

So Ive got the winter flu. Last night I couldn't sleep because of it. But this Saturday (today) I had to work because this new lady has quit I think. So had to get up early to help out. And it was depressing. It was just me and this other lady I work with whom Im a little close with but she is different from me and in her 60s.

It was freezing today. I didnt even bother to have a shower in the morning, I was late and just washed my faced and got dressed and went to work. But guess what? That guy I always talk about - came into the shop just to look around. The one that was recently sacked that I am friends with on fb. Havnt seen him in person for over a month. And it was a horrible mixed feeling because there he was just wandered in and wearing something completely different to what he normally wore looking actually clean and stuff for once and refreshed. The thing that I hate is that its like a brick wall- there I am and he comes in and Im not really even important enough to come up to and ask about how I am. But then again, its his illness too. I was looking and feeling like crap and then he waltzes in looking so content with himself- I hate that. I always feel like I do not matter- that is the vibe I get from people all the time and from him. But when I got home, although I know he headed off to the big city today so he wont be on fb- I did write him a message - that I didnt go up and so******e with him because I had zero sleep and have the flu and that he looked well. See one of my best friends that moved back to europe many years ago but comes to visit every so many years- she taught me the power of loyality and kindness and friendship- that no matter the person - like when I was seriously ill and even too ashamed to write online- she would still write to me and be positive and friendly. And so I like to do that too- its a value I think for me. I feel like I matter when I act through my values. So even though this guy doesnt even deserve me acknowledging him- I will anyway. And I guess that is my way of saying I matter too.

Anyway, having said that. It hurts still. I hate this feeling of just wanting to hide from everyone- wanting to preserve myself away from how the world outside - people see me. I feel I am just so worthless and not important to anyone. That I am just - her and that is it.
And what I really want is to feel how I felt when I was i young in highschool- the social cement I have really only to go on. There was a time then where I was so into my own world- I remember I had things in balance for a time- I had good friends- I had lots of friends in fact, I had my femininity and enjoyed using makeup and dressing up, I had my purpose and back then I was so into my drawing cartoons I remember I developed a book and was so into it that I for sure thought I was going to be a famous illustrator or cartoonist, I had make attention that made me feel good about myself but most importantly I had my positive identity that was positively re-enforced to me daily and that made me feel so good.

I remember that I didnt really need anyone though, I was happy with my own time but I was popular too and always had friends and peers wanting my attention. So I guess I look at now and feel like I just have this big black hole where I am not important to anyone - (except my parents and family and pets), where my identity from others doesnt match how I want to see myself. Its just that I feel like I need to like I said 'preserve' myself and get away from people for a while, to close and lock all my boundaries from others and start to nurture myself - to start to dream up who I am and start to like myself. Because right now I have trouble even writing about wanting to like myself - because of rejection from that guy- I just dont feel important at all and I dont like how others see me at work and in public- I feel like inside I am not that person on the outside- that I am not a person of value and beauty and passion and creativeness etc. I really just want to push everyone away with passive anger (besides my parents and pets) and then hide away in my own self ball for a while to conjure up my best best best best self for myself and to create a solid self esteem platform of my self identity that I like and that can be seen by others. I jsut do not like not feeling valued and always being all jumpy and happy around people - yet inside I am not all that happy at all. Not that I am being fake around people- I genuinely get happy attacks because I feel good that I am around people often- but there is huge gapping holes inside me where in those times I also feel hideous and dont want to be taken seriously I guess- I dont want people to get to know me more because I dont like myself. I hate my identity at work. I hate how I am just that girl - like I am not important - I just would like to be that trend setter person I was in highschool, I would like people to come up to me and be an inspiration to others - for the way I eat and my health and also I would love to dress differently and look better- I want to be able to not care about other people and how they see me - yet have them come to me - the right people that is. Yet I dream about that guy actually starting to care again about me- but I always feel like I am an empathist - that I get too carried away with how I feel that person feels in their own world and can see that hes not even remotely interested in me- that he is a friend but only in a blue moon or something- that I am just not good enough.
That is what I hate- that is what my mind is trying to get through- that I just dont feel good enough and that leads me to say to myself all the time that I am a nothing.
And that hurts.

Even going to see my therapist the other day. I went to her house as we had agreed and was 5 or so minutes late. And knocked on her door for ages. Then saw her car wasnt there so drove to her practice instead, and she wasnt there- so drove back to her house where she had just got back. So I only had a very short session with her, she had left her notes at her practice and just sat down eating and playing with her dog and I was the one to even initiate conversation or the session. I was talking and anyway- Ive always had to learn to judge my own thoughts and self talk to myself because Ive never been able to rely on anyone but myself for that. But to pay someone to talk to for them to listen and they play with their dog instead in front of you- not exactly really listening - and then even to mention that I need to feel that I am acknowledged and stuff- which was ironic considering.
Anyway, I just get so upset because I am nothing, I feel like nothing. I am not good enough and I think it is partly because of the way I look. I juat want to throw in the towel for a awhie - to give up on people, to stay away from people and then find the courage to start again and work on myself again, nurture myself and change everything. There are a few role models I have that I would like to adopt their spirit and mentality and actions- Miranda Hart the comedian-, Rawvana the youtube vegan, my friend Melanie from Europe, Jessica Lowndes her feminity and confidence/drive, and people in my past that I dont quite remember but admired things from.
Anyway, so I wrote to that guy. I know its just like killing me to do that because I am leaning back into rejection but I am at the point where I am either in his world or not. By writing means I matter, no matter how cringing it is , I only wrote a short hello really anyway.But it just feels like in the crisp of the air that I could be just yelled at and told im nothing and to get lost. I dont think that is reality but is def what it feels like esp from someone with such a high ego with head in the clouds. I want to feel important and slow rejection is not nice. It messes with you.

And I hate that I get jealous because this guy has some friends and has his band he is forming and has his guitar and all that and the culture that comes with heavy metal- its like i feel I am not cool like I am the boring, stiff unsocial person. Even when I have felt indie and cultured and trendy and of course vegan. I used to think that my being long time vegan was cool- but now because of the environment at work - the culture- I see it the opposite. Yet I did have a young girl the other day when I went shopping give me a high 5 for she recognised and asked if I were vegan and told me she was for 2 months. There are placesI can go and new people more my type I can see but Im not into so******ing right now as I am too unstable in my self identitiy.
I just get people like my doctor and therapist saying that I should do yoga because they reckon it suits me, my idenitity. Then the other day a lady I work with told me as I was carrying an easel - that it suited me- that I looked the type that would paint.
I guess I just feel like I am this boring person- that I want to be that exciting cool trendy person I guess. I feel left out because of that guy, I feel like hes got it all going for him - that there is this whole coolness thing involved with rock and roll or more precisely heavy metal- Im not really into that - I dip my toes but I hate tattoos on women. You know- I just want to feel like I get myself, I like myself and other get me and want to be around me.

I just hate how Im left out, how people can be my friend but not really be my friend. I hate that even though there are new guys at work and I have a good time being able to converse with them- that all I can think about is disliking myself and rejection and not being able to relax and be my true self inside. I dont feel acceptable. I feel like I am not acceptable in myself and for people to like me- I dont like them because they like what I dont like- myself I guess. And all I want to do is run away. And this bdd, when I am at work, when I am social - my face changes- in the cold weather my face changes. I have to dodge mirrors and things all the time.
I just hate feeling this way. I want this guy to explain himself- or to see my value and acknowledge me and my value and then be as is. I dont want to go around feeling so horrible about myself and trying to change everything all the time. I mean I just feel suicidal sometimes when I see my reflection and think of rejection and how others see me. When I see who I dont want to be reflected in front of me.

Last edited:

grapevine

So that was a really backwards thing to do. It's so stupid, that I resort even in my 30s back to behaviour I did when I was with an abusive guy. Back then at age 24 and being well away from my home and everything I knew - I was so desperate that I even made a poster about that guy then - wrote all his qualities and how he had helped me - I mean what the hell?? I mean if someone had done that to me I would say thanks but question them on why they would feel the need to do sonething like that and how odd it seemed - but that guy liked it without a thanks and kept milking me dry. But see - I've kund of done it again , I wrote how good this guy and his friends are with their music and I'm sure it sounded desperate - I regretted it after I sent it. To get feedback from him this morning saying his brain was scattered and didn't even notice I was being unfriendly. He said some nice things- but just like the guy before this is a narcissist but not only that but a schizophrenic person. See coming into the shop yesterday - if that was me and I hadn't seen him since the sack over a month ago I would have asked how he was and stuff like that - but he did not do that - he had a vibe that was unapproachable and so that is why I was unable to be friendly and not because of this cold. Having someone in your life that doesn't care about you really - that is insincere and keeps you feeling rejected - then I go and praise that person? That is not good on me.
To feel so rejected as a woman, how the way I look , who I am. To someone with complete blindness of that I exist really - I'm cutting ties - it is deep soul pAin I get from this - it feels like a stain on me when ever I think about doing stuff for myself. Like what's the point and I see myself as insignificant. Then I just get all upset and lay in bed, don't want to see the mirror , be around people - do anything.
At least I was positive. I guess I need to want to feel cool and like i belong and I guess to unfollow him is a good step - and i suppose I can say it's not just inscerity but his illness too. But to feel like nothing is not a nice feeling - I take it internally on my identity that is fragile. I can't unfriend him that is mean but to gracefully step away and unfollow and cry and cry again - the other thing I need to do is to stop thinking about him suddenly wanting to like me more and stuff from seeing me one day. I guess that is why yesterday was upsetting for me - it gave me ill feelings and made me upset - acting like a stranger like that like I'm a ghost almost. Not that bad but it wasn't exactly friendly.

So I guess I just need to see things higher - the really hard bit for me is rejecting those feelings of insignificant I get because when I do things for myself , when i start to try to self care - I feel so insecure and without the backup for anyone to tell me I'm okay. I have my own self to rely on and it gets pretty hard trying to be mindful all the time of those negative identities I have from others whether real or not.
But in my last post I want to be more inside and out - my identity because o don't feel important - I feel like I've lost myself and been sucking poison from this guy. You know it just reminds me of one day I was working and feeling very ill mentally but managed to go to work - and he came and sat down and I remember asking if he was okay because he looked a bit funny and he said he would be fine once he was seeing his friends at the end of the day. And I remember then that I wasn't considered a friend - even though I had been over his place then-
So I need to realise that even my best friend from half the world away - she told me to stay away from him because she has a brother with schizophrenia. So I can see a lot of things I don't like but choose not to see - but I will see those things now. I don't need a toxic person in my life. Gracefully and privately I will walk away from this.

grapevine

Well I went out today.
Last night I decided to put a rinse in my hair back to my normal chocolate colour so its a little darker now. Im not getting so obsessed since Ive decided that I no longer need or want that guy in my life anymore. Though I do get very down still. Its things like when I go shopping and interact with men that I crave wanting to feel okay and accepted by them, but they are jut doing a job and I get ignored kind of and take that to heart. Its actually silly really, but the message that that guy I have thrown out of my world now, he has planted this seed in my mind by his actions that says that I am not good enough, I am nothing, not worth knowing, a little person, boring, unnattractive, uncool etc.. and that makes me feel so unworthy and by the end of the day - esp from going out and having no where to go but just tasks here and there like grocery shopping- makes me feel even worse because I am alone and was ignored by the public lol.
Im deciding in regards to my body image that I am going to get this filler for sure. I need a little lift in my face as when I look in the mirror I look so withdrawn and tired all the time it bothers me. All this will do is refresh that. So its taken me quite some good 3-4 weeks or more since the horrid consultation to get out of my bdd world I was in and have a think about what I want in a more cognitive way. And so I will have to book another consultation and go through things- but I think it will help with my confidence and how I look. So why not.

Today I saw that guys car in the shopping carpark as I was picking up my mum. And it made me all jittery and I felt depressed. Yet at the same time excited and hated that. I guess I crave feeling wanted and wanting to belong and I feel like Im missing out of fun because I am rejected. I guess my whole 20s I missed out on actually anyway. Its just he is mean without even knowing. And I am obsessive because I am sensitive to social things.

Going to work on thursday, I have some guys there to talk with. But its funny because I just am so jittery, I cannot calm down - Im either high and upbeat and jumpy and very happy or Im reserved and speak little. I get so embarrassed about how I look- so ashamed that I want to put my head down and hide yet I have to present myself to these people and be polite and friendly and even when I am enjoying myself and letting myself go- its hard to feel comfortable with myself- I feel like I am nothing and ugly and all those things. I just hate, really hate how I let that guy determine how I feel about myself. I guess I just couldnt help it- I guess anyone in my position with limited interaction with men- to have one become very friendly and seem like they are into you and then invite you to dinner and there place a few times - you wouldnt know what to think. But its just that it gave me a feeling of acceptance and rejection - or more really - conditional friendship. You cant be friends with someone like that really, someone that has an illness that makes them the all and mighty and your not really anyone really.

Although I have had a bit of a relax from full throttle bdd these past few weeks- Im tredding carefully. One thing that made me feel okay about myself was seeing a few old primary school class photos of myself and actually for once seeing someone I liked - seeing -remembering how I felt physically in my body then- being young and fit and feminine and calm most importantly. So I guess I am replacing that need from that guy - that was my basis for caring for myself - and using the motivation from those photos instead. I want to become the best version of myself using the energy from those photos- to what that young 11 -12 year old girl would be proud of.
I want to be calm and happy with myself. Back then I had my boundaries, I had my shyness and I didnt have to have any pressure to be accepted I just was- I had my friends and my hobbies and stuff.
Its just like so annoying that last year once I started to loose the weight, I started to feel soooo good about myself - it was a blast of self confidence- and delving straight into taking care of myself - I just remember being at work and loving myself - who I was, what I looked like and not being perfect but loving my characteristics - just being happy in myself- and then it took this whole external stuff from him and others that made me question myself again and again and then to turn everything into nothing- that it entirely flipped how I saw myself- every week I would not give up and try to bounce back from those things - but in the end I end up being hurt and hurt and rejected and not good enough.
I want that specialness back - that bundle of my own uniqueness I actually started to like- to have that like when I was 11-12 - if I am making sense here- Im just writing through my feelings regardless.

I just feel so rejected all the time- alone and not accepted and people see me in a way that is not me too- even when I think I have changed - they still see me a certain way- when I have confidence - people see me without it.

That is the main thing why I feel its too dangerous to go out and so******e and meet new people - because it all comes back to my identity. At the moment I am trying to put together something positive - 'how I see myself'- Im trying desperately yet slowly to bring apon a surplus of motivation that can re-invent myself and turn myself into someone I truely feel I am now. Gathering all my values, bringing on new habits, using my pinboard (dreamboard) to bring positive things into my life. See the thing about my depression is that it was linked with that guy- I genuinely had a heart for him because I worked with him every week- so when all that fell down and I realised that I was being dragged down, that I was nothing really in his psychotic world - that no amount of changing my looks was going to make him turn around and suddenly like me again, like me more, see me as something more etc. etc.. that gave me severe depression, and not wanting to move forward because each day was further away from him. How codependent could I get. I used my codependence with food to with him and that is why I couldnt let go. But then I realise that I dont need him. Because he is not going to make me feel any better- I used to run with the tiniest of hints that he liked me - but I realise that he is just a willy head. lol/

I guess one of my issues is that the guy from many years ago- i wa rejected at first site - I wa too skinny and stuff. That I was never accepted and then once again its a bit the same- yet Im not good looking enough for him apparrently - I mean whatever- - but to not be accepted once again. To be rejected because of how you look is a hard thing to overcome.

To try and get value in yourself and your life. I was thinking yesterday that being rejected by this guy, even though I am not really - but I am instinctively and practically. That it has had the same feelings of my past rejection and how I dealt with that back then- although that was horrific circumstances- still I set myself up for future failure really. This time - I feel like this is an opportunity for me to do do the things perhaps that I could have done back then that could have prevented me living 9 years like a self prisoner of my fears.
I see opportunities to push myself into ridding myself of things getting me down. The things I feel that I want to do to increase my self value of myself. It all comes back to identity and values and what I do each day to value my life.

Last edited: