No more reps??

hoddesdon

She means the icon which used to be immediately to the right of the symbol with the vertical line in the middle of the red triangle in the bottom left-hand corner of the identification box in the left margin or column.

What I am calling the "identification box" is the box with the username in the top left-hand corner, with the type of user immediately below it and the avatar immmediately below it.

Awkwardamanda is right - it is no longer displayed.

Remus

Staff member
Hmmm, well if there was a rep system they probably got rid of it because people would use it to anonymously leave negative rep comments about peoples posts.

yup, people used it to abuse others anonymously, the webmaster has now removed the funtion

awkwardamanda

Some people voluntarily left their names with a rep comment. Had that been a requirement, I doubt there would have been much abuse.

Remus

Staff member
I asked if we could have a rep system that was not anonymous, so we could see who sent it, was not available though

I was under the impression that any rep given could be tracked by the mods, I distinctly remember reading that somewhere.

It's a shame. I really liked giving something extra upon the usual ''good for you'' message. Some ruin it for others, I guess. :/

Luke1993

All of my rep.....built over the years....GONE!? I had a rep power of THREE dammit. THREE! And now to think I am on an equal level to all of you peasants. Disgusting!

KiaKaha

Banned
I only just discovered this whole rep thing last week (I am a bit slow I guess). People had left me comments and it made me feel good. Sigh... I never thought there would be bullyish behavior on the forum...

Sinar_Matahari

People were using it to give anonymous negative rep (with comments) which isn't good, especially on a site like this.

Yes, this is thanks to those who used the rep option to be abusive. There was a positive aspect to the rep function and I did not mind getting negative rep or negative comments.

I don't agree with the decision to get rid of reps... Never had a problem with it, but I guess there must be good reasons for removing it. I've found it convenient in the past to simply rep someone and leave my name (the drones) instead of using the PM. More immediate and quicker.

Felgen

All of my rep.....built over the years....GONE!? I had a rep power of THREE dammit. THREE! And now to think I am on an equal level to all of you peasants. Disgusting!

I was a four. :cool: But now the queen of Great Britain won't knight me Sir Felgen after all.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I was under the impression that any rep given could be tracked by the mods, I distinctly remember reading that somewhere.
Yeah, but they'd have to report it first before a mod could track it down. And the mods kept having to remind people to report it, and noobs still wouldn't know or read the sticky, etc.

It's too bad, really. I've always enjoyed that function on VN boards, in spite of the occasional buttbrain using it to snipe.

DespairSoul

Is good that dissapear here really dont pass those things. Why we are then here. We are here to get help. And not make contest who have better rep.

I had 1 and i dont know even why. I get i already what i log in. Cool in real life loser and here too no wonder im not feeling good. If i get rejected because of comments.