Narcissist personality Test

gustavofring

I think narcissism is a sort of coping mechanism.

It's easier putting up a front of arrogance and being better than everyone, then constantly thinking of the "right" thing to do, or naturally being humble and thinking everyone is equal or worse, having low self esteem.

Being narcissistic sadly is rewarded, because people think others won't think of attacking or putting down someone who (seemingly) has a high opinion of themselves.

I think narcissism is a sort of coping mechanism.

It's easier putting up a front of arrogance and being better than everyone, then constantly thinking of the "right" thing to do, or naturally being humble and thinking everyone is equal or worse, having low self esteem.

Being narcissistic sadly is rewarded, because people think others won't think of attacking or putting down someone who (seemingly) has a high opinion of themselves.

This is kind of along the lines of what I've been thinking. Some of the questions that I answered "maybe" to (on the test Remus posted) had to do with struggling with criticism, and I think that both people with an inferiority complex (i.e. low self esteem) and those with a superiority complex (which could describe narcissists) have a hard time with criticism, although perhaps for different reasons. I struggle with it because, if it's true/accurate, I already feel like a screw up, and having someone else notice and comment on my short comings is like twisting the knife in an open wound. Narcissists might struggle with it because they feel they can do no wrong. However, I think perhaps many with a superiority complex are actually using it as a coping mechanism to hide the fact that they actually have an inferiority complex underneath.

Interesting

Score:13

Authority: 5.00
Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
Superiority: 2.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 1.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 0.00

Edit: Took Remus's test
Score:14

30 and under You’re definitely not narcissistic.

Last edited:

Kiwong

"And feel that you alone are the power". It pretty much is, I would even say it´s one of the most narcissistic things in the test.

I disgaree very stongly with your opinion on that. It doesn't logically follow that I feel that I am the only power. I would not dream of labelling someone with a personality disorder due to their religious beliefs or lack thereof.

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I disgaree very stongly with your opinion on that. It doesn't logically follow that I feel that I am the only power. I would not dream of labelling someone with a personality disorder due to their religious beliefs or lack thereof.

I think it's just a possible quality of someone with NPD, and not a sole or necessary feature of it. It's like asking someone with SA if they like parties. Liking parties doesn't mean you don't have SA. Not liking parties doesn't mean you have SA. But disliking parties because they make you uncomfortable and all the people around make you nervous could be a red flag that you do. Same with feeling like you're the sole power. If someone feels like a god on earth, may be a red flag. If not, doesn't say one way or another.

Kiwong

I think it's just a possible quality of someone with NPD, and not a sole or necessary feature of it. It's like asking someone with SA if they like parties. Liking parties doesn't mean you don't have SA. Not liking parties doesn't mean you have SA. But disliking parties because they make you uncomfortable and all the people around make you nervous could be a red flag that you do. Same with feeling like you're the sole power. If someone feels like a god on earth, may be a red flag. If not, doesn't say one way or another.

I think it is a poorly phrased question, and I found I couldn't answer it. I do not believe in god, but I do believe that my thoughts are a big part in the outcome of how I feel, but I don't believe I am the only power, I reach out for help when I need it. That is the cornerstone of cognitive behavoir therapy not a narcissicistic personality.

hexagon_sun

Your Total: 3

Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.

Here's how you rated on the seven component traits of narcissism:

Narcissistic Trait
Authority: 0.00 *
Self-Sufficiency: 2.00 *
Superiority: 0.00 *
Exhibitionism: 0.00 *
Exploitativeness: 1.00 *
Vanity: 0.00 *
Entitlement: 0.00

Well NPD is at least one disorder I can safely cross off my list! :thumbup:

Starry

I got 4:

Authority: 0.00
Self-Sufficiency: 1.00
Superiority: 1.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 1.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 1.00

And on the second test I scored 50:

You possess a healthy level of narcissism. You assert yourself in order to get your own needs met whilst displaying genuine conscience, empathy and compassion for other individuals. You’re human and at times be triggered by fear, insecurity or anger, however, you take responsibility for owning and dealing with your own emotions.

Niiña

Your Total: 14

Here's how you rated on the seven component traits of narcissism:

Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait
Authority: 1.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 2.00
Exhibitionism: 5.00
Exploitativeness: 0.00
Vanity: 1.00
Entitlement: 5.00

Your Total: 11

Authority: 1.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 3.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Vanity: 1.00
Entitlement: 2.00

Overload

The problem with a test this simple is the narcissist can easily manipulate the results to fit his/her self-perception.