Movies/TV shows that make you feel better

NoModernRomance

I've been depressed for quite some time, and anything that can make me feel better (even for a short time) helps.

So. What are some TV shows you watch to make you feel happy? Or movies that lift your spirits (doesn't necessarily have to be a happy movie, just something that brings you joy or hope).

I've recently started going through 3 Stooges episodes, they were way before my time, but something about them is so pure and simple. Puts a smile on my face. Others include shows like The Office, Arrested Development, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Full House (lol.. so cheesy).

You?

The Big Bang Theory, Top Gear, Battlestar Galactica, How it's Made, Dirty Jobs and Criminal Minds usually cheers me up.

I'm not sure why, but I also always feel a little better after I've watched either one of the modern Iron Man movies. I think it's Robert Downey Jr's wit.

P_Floyd

Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother (epic epic epic show :D), CSI, House M.D., X-files and Law & Order ;)

Newtype

Kitchen Nightmares. It makes me feel good that I'm more intelligent than some restaurant owners. Plus, Gordon Ramsay screaming at people is a good way to eliminate some of the anger in me.

NoModernRomance

Kitchen Nightmares. It makes me feel good that I'm more intelligent than some restaurant owners. Plus, Gordon Ramsay screaming at people is a good way to eliminate some of the anger in me.

Yeah. I like him yelling at people too. I bought the first Hell's Kitchen on DVD to watch without the swears being beeped out. Hilarious. :)

planemo

The Big Bang Theory, Top Gear, Battlestar Galactica, How it's Made, Dirty Jobs and Criminal Minds usually cheers me up.

I'm not sure why, but I also always feel a little better after I've watched either one of the modern Iron Man movies. I think it's Robert Downey Jr's wit.

Yes to Top Gear and Dirty Jobs. :)

The Blackadder series though is the best. I can only watch it on YouTube, and i watch it over and over again...

Phoenixx

Supernatural, Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza, Tosh.0, The Soup, anything with humor, even if it's just a little bit, always cheers me up.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
The Thick of It (A brillant, hysterically funny, sweary British political satire\sitcom. Recommended for those not easily offended. I don't know why but profanity delivered with a Scottish accent is always funny).

Other British shows like Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Day Today, Brasseye, The Inbetweeners, Psychoville, Getting On, The League of Getlemen.

American sitcoms like Seinfeld, The Phil Silvers Show, Newsradio or Frasier never fail to cheer me up either.

NoModernRomance

The Thick of It (A brillant, hysterically funny, sweary British political satire\sitcom. Recommended for those not easily offended. I don't know why but profanity delivered with a Scottish accent is always funny).

Other British shows like Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Day Today, Brasseye, The Inbetweeners, Psychoville, Getting On, The League of Getlemen.

American sitcoms like Seinfeld, The Phil Silvers Show, Newsradio or Frasier never fail to cheer me up either.

I forgot about News Radio! I love that show (and own it too).

I'd also like to add to my list: The Kids In The Hall

KnuffleBunny

Hmm, well, I suppose stuff I regularly watch on the TV itself would be 'The Nanny' and 'RuPaul's Drag Race'. The Nanny cheers me up from nostalgia (plus Niles is just sexy) and I LOVE seeing all the big, flaunting costumes of RPDR, it inspires me a bit to try and come out more as a female. 'The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross' is calming and makes me smile but I don't see it often. Blackadder 2 is just awesome fun and Are You Being Served also cheers me up. (Humphries ftw!!)

NoModernRomance

Hmm, well, I suppose stuff I regularly watch on the TV itself would be 'The Nanny' and 'RuPaul's Drag Race'. The Nanny cheers me up from nostalgia (plus Niles is just sexy) and I LOVE seeing all the big, flaunting costumes of RPDR, it inspires me a bit to try and come out more as a female. 'The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross' is calming and makes me smile but I don't see it often. Blackadder 2 is just awesome fun and Are You Being Served also cheers me up. (Humphries ftw!!)

I used to watch 'Are You Being Served', but it doesn't play on any of the channels here anymore. also 'Keeping up Appearances' and 'My Family' (I ordered a few Seasons of that through amazon.co.uk )(I live in Canada btw)

dean01

i watch to much tele.... dexter, shameless, grand designs, celebrity juice, top gear, sopranos, skins, top buzzer, the inbetweeners, simpsons, jeremy kyle, family guy, royle family and early doors. :)

MrJones

Seinfeld, Frasier, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, How I Met Your Mother (that is, Friends 2.0 lol), House M.D.

but when I want to feel better I prefer music

Oh, I forgot ''Frasier''. No matter how many times I've seen an episode, they always cheer me up. :3

I'm not sure if it was intended :D