Movies/TV shows that make you feel better

Noop

only people from the uk may know these... the good life, bottom, father ted, i'm alan partridge, the young ones, game on, blackadder, takeover tv, vidz... and lots of others.

EscapeArtist

nature shows, a special I caught called The Reel NW: Back To The Garden (must hav e cheered me up for weeks!) inspiring lectures on KCTS9, the nature of things, the incurables, That 70s show, King of The Hil/The Simpsons, Tribe, Departures, Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

evernight

My sister has a Netflix account, so I'm able to watch tons of things. 3rd Rock from the Sun, Family Guy, King of the Hill, and Strangers with Candy. It is a nice escape, and I love getting lost in great movies, too.

Fighter86

I really like White Chicks, its such a funny movie. But mostly, I rarely watch movies, mostly just tv programmes.

MrJones

I'm stupid, fill me in on what I've missed. :D

"Frasier", as a sitcom, is a spin-off of "Cheers". You know, after Cheers' succes during the 80s, they gave Frasier (one of its characters) his own program.

Maybe I'm a little bit silly, but "they always cheer me up" made me laugh :D

NoModernRomance

only people from the uk may know these... the good life, bottom, father ted, i'm alan partridge, the young ones, game on, blackadder, takeover tv, vidz... and lots of others.

I've seen Father Ted on TV here (Canada), that is an awesome show as well. The characters are so funny :)

"Frasier", as a sitcom, is a spin-off of "Cheers". You know, after Cheers' succes during the 80s, they gave Frasier (one of its characters) his own program.

Maybe I'm a little bit silly, but "they always cheer me up" made me laugh :D

Ooooohhh, now I get it! Thanks. :3

I never knew Frasier was a spin-off, and had never even heard of Cheers.. So you can understand my confusion. ::p:

Gray

Rocky is probably my all round favorite movie just because of the inspiration. Mainly Rocky 1 and 2 though because at that point he was a virtual nobody who ended up showing he had the potential to do everything.

Second to that for TV shows would probably be Scrubs, while it was indeed a comedy, it did have some amazing scenes that really thought "wow, that's incredible..." Also the words of wisdom they use every so often, much like this one which really struck a chord with me:
YouTube - Best Quote Out There From Scrubs

Deus_Ex_Lemur

TV shows - this is gonna show me a geeky lemur but because of childhood memories fond ones, Star Trek: The Next Generations and movies. Was one of few sources growing up of happiness for bro and I for a time. So has that emotional tie aside from being ****ing awesome! =D

Watching my DVD's of old "The Goodies" episodes always makes me feel better. They are cheesy but comforting.:D

Shant

Pretty much anime.

Never fails to at least entertain me, sometimes actually lifting me back up. Usually if the series is rather cathartic for me.