Most days in a row for not leaving the house?

oNecoOlazN

I guess I am the ultimate loser, I have no work life, no social life, no life overall, no friends, no girlfriend.
^ nope
i AM the ULTIMATE LOSER. NO work/NO social life/NO life overall NO FRIENDS/NO BOYFRIEND AND THE LONGEST TIME I HAVENT LEFT THE HOUSE IS....
2 MONTHS!!!
YAY I WIN HANDS DOWN!!

jamie99

You know,
I think talking about this stuff is good whether it's negative or not.

But when you call yourself a loser or any other derogatory word you have ruined the whole experience of sharing in the hope of feeling better.

Maybe re-word it like, i haven't left the house in a year. i FEEL like such a loser.

I think Donald Trump is a loser and he's a successful business man, but most ppl would disagree with me tho.

i hope this isn't insulting or i'm bosting, i'm not trying too

well i had this patch too where i just liked being in the house, going outside and around was ok but going into areas where people walked like outside shopping centres and areas like that. my heart was pumpin every time i even thought of going out. at this time i hadn't actually stayed in the house for that long only a few days.

then one day my dad needed me to drop a cheque off at the bank! i said no ect ect but he made me and along the way again my heart was pounding! couldn't bare being outside but after going to the bank and back i kinda got use to it, i could of easily continued staying in the house but other stuff came up oh and school and it all forced me

some people would think that your weak but its simply not the case, they don't know whats it like to experience it. i'd like to see them telling me they have S.A then start going out

AND I'M SHOCKED OF ANYONE THATS STAYED IN THEIR HOUSE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME OVER A MONTH!! 4 YEARS! then i read 8 YEARS! then someone else tops it to 17!*@&(* years!!!

MY GOD
how do you manage?

Off The Wall

I spent at least 6months being housebound. Just walking near the front door would send my anxiety haywire. It was bad enough just being in the house my anxiety was horrible. But with theropy i slowly got half a life back and was able to do little things not to the point where i'm care free though. I've now spent another probably 2weeks so far being housebound. I'm definately calling up for help 2moro i can't handle this its crazy!!

Chrysalis

Hi all,

I have just joined today, and I must say, reading through your stories similar to mine has been quite upsetting :(

I never knew so many people suffered from the same - almost identically to what I'm feeling / experiencing.

I would say I have not left the house for 3 months in one period - didn't really bother me - I needed to feel safe, and safe = home for me.

A few years ago, I was quite bad and barely left my room.

My heart would pound and I'd become dizzy when I had to walk through the dark long hallway (especially at night) to get a drink.

*Shakes my head sadly*

I have improved since then, but still prefer being at home than being outdoors for too long.

FlirtyandDirty

Hi all,

I have just joined today, and I must say, reading through your stories similar to mine has been quite upsetting :(

I never knew so many people suffered from the same - almost identically to what I'm feeling / experiencing.

I would say I have not left the house for 3 months in one period - didn't really bother me - I needed to feel safe, and safe = home for me.

A few years ago, I was quite bad and barely left my room.

My heart would pound and I'd become dizzy when I had to walk through the dark long hallway (especially at night) to get a drink.

*Shakes my head sadly*

I have improved since then, but still prefer being at home than being outdoors for too long.

I used to be like this. I spent months in my living room. I ate there, I slept there. I was afraid to go to my room upstairs. My children had to do everything because I was afraid to leave the room unless it was to use the bathroom. I ma ashamed to say that I was so depressed that bathing was a problem. It took me two tears before I felt safe enough to be left in the house on my own. However, I challenged myself and left my safe area. Now I am free as a bird. ::eek::

Remus

Staff member
what is the secret to breaking free?

I found the exposure therapy way worked for me, that was way back in the early 90's, maybe therapy has improved since then?

Chrysalis

I used to be like this. I spent months in my living room. I ate there, I slept there. I was afraid to go to my room upstairs. My children had to do everything because I was afraid to leave the room unless it was to use the bathroom. I ma ashamed to say that I was so depressed that bathing was a problem. It took me two tears before I felt safe enough to be left in the house on my own. However, I challenged myself and left my safe area. Now I am free as a bird. ::eek::

Thanks for sharing :) I feel not quite so mental now :p
I have a similar experience which I will share now.

I used to go for approx 3-4 days without a shower when I was severely depressed and anxious - just sitting in the bath with lavender oil to try and meditate to relax.

I still am nowhere near well, but am not so confined to my bedroom now - oh, unless you count my net addiction :p

:)

Last edited:

FlirtyandDirty

Thanks for sharing :) I feel not quite so mental now :p
I have a similar experience which I will share now.

I used to go for approx 3-4 days without a shower when I was severely depressed and anxious - just sitting in the bath with lavender oil to try and meditate to relax.

I still am nowhere near well, but am not so confined to my bedroom now - oh, unless you count my net addiction :p

:)

You are more than welcome!

That is the beauty of these forums - we see others in the same situation as us and we do not feel so alone. It is even better when we see that others who are where we used to be are getting better or making changes that work. It offers hope and that can only be a good thing.

xxx

Ehsan

my record is about 3 weeks, i think.
i used to think i've the best record but after reviewing this thread i think i'm only an amateur in SP.

mizzmeg

I went for over 2 years without leaving the house. I went outside on my back porch a couple times at night, due to my parents urging. I was always afraid someone would walk by and somehow see me... so I would try to hide ...lol.

My parents finally dragged me to see my psychiatrist. I had been seeing him for several years before I stopped leaving the house. During the time I was homebound, my mom went to see him by herself. I was lucky to have such an understanding doctor. He has been a big help.

Brian090

I have been inside for over a month now, last time i went somewhere was getting my haircut. Afraid i'll be like this for a while, my insurance becomes void in april when i turn 19, and i don't have the money for therapy. I've been like this for 2 years now.. Longest i've been home without leaving was 4 months..