Most days in a row for not leaving the house?

It has been two weeks since I have had a decent conversation, and I am losing my grip a bit. I cant even leave the house on foot and all Im stuck with are my parents, and they have been ignoring me and hated me for quiting my job due to social anxiety and depression. My depression is totally holding me back from living my life.

I guess I am the ultimate loser, I have no work life, no social life, no life overall, no friends, no girlfriend.

On top of this I hold the embarrassing record of the most days being completely housebound. 9 DAYS and still counting.

Vancouver

Being depressed is no fun. Feeling like a loser is a pretty bad way to live. Maybe this is why you feel so depressed and anxious(?). One tip though - don't measure your life by what you have, where you've been, or what you've done. None of these things really make up who you are inside. Get to know yourself for who you are, maybe you'll find out a thing or two.

flake__

I've done longer than 10 days, don't worry! And i know how it does your head in...

Don't know if you are able to do this, but you don't need someone to take you out, just go for a walk. Somewhere green. It'll make you feel 10 times better. I find listening to an mp3 player or something can get rid of any nerves of going outside, you're too absorbed to care what people round you think.

And Vancouver is right :D . Why would you beat yourself up when you are already feeling low and having a hard time. Those negative thoughts circling round and round 'i am a loser' etc are making your day worse, and therefore making you feel even lower! So why think them? You don't need that in your life right now. Treat yourself better!

Well Im seeing my councillor this coming tuesday which is a really good thing. Lately my world has consisted of the living room, kitchen, toilet, bedroom and the computer.

But Tuesday should be a good day, first good day in over 2 weeks. Not just that I would be able to come out of the house for the first time and smell the breath the lovely fresh air apart from the air conditioner, but also get some valuable, help and its free.

So yeah my streak will definitely end on tuesday which would make it 12 days Full stop.

Btw does throwing the rubbish, picking up the laundry counts as getting out of the house lol.

Starry

Last time I left the house was January, maybe February, and that was only just outside the front gate... Unless you're counting the back garden as leaving the hosue, in which case the longest I've gone without stepping foot outside was 3 or 4 weeks...

rado31

maybe 7 or 8 days because i have to go out. But i very often ask myself what i m doing outside with such a low self-confidence level...

maggie

LonelyLoser said:
It has been two weeks since I have had a decent conversation, and I am losing my grip a bit. I cant even leave the house on foot and all Im stuck with are my parents, and they have been ignoring me and hated me for quiting my job due to social anxiety and depression. My depression is totally holding me back from living my life.

I guess I am the ultimate loser, I have no work life, no social life, no life overall, no friends, no girlfriend.

On top of this I hold the embarrassing record of the most days being completely housebound. 9 DAYS and still counting.
i could easily stay in for a very long time, but even if i don't have to work, i force myself out daily..even if it's only for drive-thru coffee, or pack of gum at the corner store..it's most times really, really difficult, but i guess i do it so i don't get too comfortable staying in :wink:

Starry said:
Last time I left the house was January, maybe February, and that was only just outside the front gate... Unless you're counting the back garden as leaving the hosue, in which case the longest I've gone without stepping foot outside was 3 or 4 weeks...

Well of course, and drive- thru coffee and getting a pack of gum at a corner store is definitely classified as going out.

rado31 said:
maybe 7 or 8 days because i have to go out. But i very often ask myself what i m doing outside with such a low self-confidence level...

Same with me I feel absolutely normal when Im at home, but when Im out I start becoming self conscious and really hating myself

Hellraising

I was housebound for a year.

You need to really talk to your counsellor about your feelings, go for CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and also help yourself by constantly setting up challenges. Starting out with small goals is best, like just stepping out the front door. Make an effort to do that everyday till you can stand out there for 10 seconds and feel comfortable doing it. Next, you should try taking a few steps out the door, and so on. It will take time and effort and the willpower to recover, but you can do it. Think small steps.

turtle

a friend dragged me out of the house today... well we met up somewhere but she was complaining how ive been in again constantly... 12days i think it was.
Eventully you will get out again even if it is just to put the rubish out everyday. and im sure that youll be proud that youve made it that far when you do

xostephanie

i hold the record lol

i havent left my house in a year...ur not the only loser lol i have agorophobia but the only treatment for that is pills and i cant take them :(

cbazy

the longest i have gone is a month last year in january
i just did 7 days but today i left to buy bottled filtered water
then i came back home again right away

but i least i broke the streak and stopped 7 days from becoming 8

when i go out i get high blood pressure
when i stay home i get relaxed

love2rescue

The most I've gone without opening the door is 3 or 4 weeks. I went out yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks or so and that was just in the car w/my hubby and I still got all panicky.

bcguitar

hi

Hi

The most days ive not left the house has been about 2 months.. was a while ago , cause I've gotten more out of my sp .. delivery driving has helped cause i deal with ppl all the time now.. but I still have probs lots of the time going to stores and such buying stuff and feeling ppl are judging me and looking at me.. and talking to girls and getting a gf ..

basically from my experience its not worth it keeping yourself locked up , you get even more depressed and sucidal even .. so try and get out of the house more ..

nosblob

I don't think anyone will surpass my high score

4 years

2003-2007
I only went out to get my GED

so I'm back Inside again

If it wasnt for high school I probably wouldve never went out. All I did on the weekends were sleeping in, TV and doin homework

M1tCh

Banned
For about 8-10 months i didn't go farther than my deck, or the mailbox across the street. Eventually, I had to leave to go somewhere important (I don't remember where exactly...) What was the result? A mixture of panic & excitement. It was like discovering the world anew! Even ordinary trucks passing by on the freeway seemed magnificent/scary. Heh.

A sense of wonderment about life can be a great thing.