more anxious around certain people

recluse

i find i am more anxious around attractive, good looking people. I used to think i was only anxious around attractive women but it occurs with both sexes. Its not that i am attracted to the woman but i have this notion in my head that attractive people are superior and judge average lookers like myself. I also have more anxiety around blonde haired, blue eyed women but i think its because a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes was nasty to me in college and i get a flashback. I am anxious around people with authority like my karate instructor, alpha males, and some people just emit a vibe i do not like. Oh and i am extra anxious around loud people.

Gadfly

I'm leaning to the notion that everyone makes you anxious, you just haven't gotten around to noticing it yet. Pretty sure that's how it works with me... :D

Gadfly

For me, it's a numbers game. One person of any stripe I can take, but the more variables added, the more exhausting it is to monitor and maintain the proper facade.

jaim38

Everyone (except my parents and certain friends) makes me anxious, but I feel even more anxiety around attractive people, drama queens, alpha males, loud people, and groups.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Am anxious around nearly everyone. Attractive women, loud people, aw the above. I'm especially anxious aroon ma family in group situations, even though I shouldnae be. :idontknow: The only family member am not anxious around is my mum.

Gadfly

I was the pretty one in my family. It cuts both ways...swimming in a sea of ugly, jealous people is anxiety producing. Extended family used to treat me like I was some kind of movie star, were aghast at my isolationist tendencies and could never grasp why I didn't take advantage of my physical appeal. It greatly exacerbated my brother's mistreatment of me, as he perceived favoritism from my shallow mother and got jealous of the attention some of his girlfriend's paid to me. We look vastly different...and it's not like I'm hot, I just have hair and a chin. (I have an UGLY family)

laure15

I was the pretty one in my family. It cuts both ways...swimming in a sea of ugly, jealous people is anxiety producing. Extended family used to treat me like I was some kind of movie star, were aghast at my isolationist tendencies and could never grasp why I didn't take advantage of my physical appeal. It greatly exacerbated my brother's mistreatment of me, as he perceived favoritism from my shallow mother and got jealous of the attention some of his girlfriend's paid to me. We look vastly different...and it's not like I'm hot, I just have hair and a chin. (I have an UGLY family)

I have a tall family, and when I go there, I feel shorter than almost everybody, except my mom and 1-2 other people.

Gadfly

I have short family...ugly and short. It's not in my head...I'm told my ugly short cousin's new wife doesn't like to visit his relatives because they aren't pretty enough. :D

1BlackSheep

I have short family...ugly and short. It's not in my head...I'm told my ugly short cousin's new wife doesn't like to visit his relatives because they aren't pretty enough. :D
You aren't related to Honey Boo Boo, are you? :bigsmile:

chibiXphantom

im most anxious around people of authority. i just feel like im always gonna do something wrong to upset them or idk. also nervous around teenage girls and college age girls. they make me uncomfortable. im ok around guys though. still shy, but not as much as with girls

Gadfly

Nah, sadly, she's far too attractive. Picture receding chins, hairlines and excessively generous (grotesque) sloppy moufs and a drab midwestern framework. The kinds of mouths that food seems to just slip out of while chewing no matter how careful the eater...

Kat

I don't normally like loud people but my bf is a bit way and I'm pretty comfortable with him some people tend to have fairly calming personalities which I find a bit more easier to be around in social settings. :)

crazycatlady27

Sometimes even too many cats get to me! :D

hey!!!! you can never have too many cats :applause:

and its numbers and my inlaws i cant stand to be around, i am good with people like police or ambulance people not sure why lol
oh and teenagers freak the hell out of me:idontknow:

Steppen-Wolf

This is often due to low self esteem and having a complex. You probably percieve those people as "superior" to you and therefore assume they will instantly judge you, which triggers an emotional reaction that leads to anxiety.

Srijita52

^Welcome Stephie. :)
This is often due to low self esteem and having a complex. You probably percieve those people as "superior" to you and therefore assume they will instantly judge you, which triggers an emotional reaction that leads to anxiety.
Yeah, I agree. I'm anxious this certain friend of mine who's a HUGE attention seeker also really outgoing. I feel like I automatically become more self conscious around her.