Mental Hospitals

Have you ever been admitted to a mental hospital?

• Yes.

Votes: 33 19.4%
  • No.

Votes: 137 80.6%

• Total voters

mikestar

Banned
yup and ive booked a few weeks this summer with the wife and kids, cheaper than butlins and food is better. I'll see some of you there I hope

NickyNacker

I went to one to get evaluated when I started having panic attacks. I saw this really evil nurse that was a huge bitch. They told me to change my diet, and we left lol. I hate hate hated her. Anyways, that's all. Never been admitted.
Thank god I wasn't admitted to that place, it was so depressing.

SilentType

Banned
They usually don't admit you unless they see you as a danger to yourself or others in the US. They'll also admit you if you have a serious mental illness that needs 24 hour per day evaluation for a while. I don't know anything about other countries.

Peace

Lorraine Manca

i've never been. i like when the doctor asks you if you are a danger to yourself or others. i always think, "no thank you" i dont want to be admitted. its been recommended, but id never do that. i dont see how it would help in the long term.

dudieezper

I've never been admitted any mental hospital. Our neighbor had been admitted because she got so sick that she was already considered a threat to her neighbors. She speaks to no one and she don't want to take a bath, what is scary is that she tends to scream at certain occasions.
Indianapolis Hospitals

Last edited:
Yep, I been to mental hospitals a few times. But it didn't help at all. Sadly.
And I felt anxious around those people , So I had alot of stress going on.
But Soon i will again i think .. With more professional help.. And if this doesnt work out. I wont ever again!!!

cobalt_bluester

Referred but not an inpatient.

hi.

I was referred by my GP to the local psychiatric hospital as an outpatient. I have mixed depression and anxiety. Since then, there's been many ocassions when I feel that I should have been an inpatient as I've been really suicidal the last 6 months. However, admitting me seems to be the last thing they want to do, and I can't understand their reasoning. Perhaps it's due to a lack of bed spaces in the hospital. I am from the UK and mental health services in the North Lincolnshire area seem to be very much below par.

yes........twice

the first time I was only 12 and I was committed because my cat (go ahead and laugh, I loved that lil summab1tch tho) ran away and I was so depressed my family thought I would commit suicide.

the 2nd time I was 17 and had smoked some laced weed (it had PCP in it which I wasn't aware of). Ran outside in my draws and curled up on the sidewalk in broad daylight, I had hallucinations also

I'm thinking about going back a 3rd time due to depression, because I don't really have any other solutions at the moment

outpatient is so lame breh. When you coming over to the big leagues?

I actually enjoyed both stays, it felt like a summer camp/vacation, and I miss the folks I met there :(

FOR REAL

Banned
the first time I was only 12 and I was committed because my cat (go ahead and laugh, I loved that lil summab1tch tho) ran away and I was so depressed my family thought I would commit suicide.

its not a laughing comment mate. i know exactly how you feel.

its not a laughing comment mate. i know exactly how you feel.

well I could laugh at it now, and I'd probably be lying to myself if I said I wouldn't have slightly smirked if someone else other than I had said it.

But yeah, that sh1t sucked...it was the first time I lost something I loved.

I've always been overally emotional though, (due to me being bipolar extreme highs and lows) I still randomly tear up thinking about my grandmother and she died 7 years ago. I also got kind of teary eyed while watching the end of Micheal Jacksons funeral on tv. lol