Life Ramblings

neurotic-to-the-bone

If you don't mind me asking, what symptoms do you have with PMDD? What supplements are you taking?

About 10 years ago I was on supplementation for nutritional deficiencies and digestive issues I was having. I was seeing a nutritionist at the time, but they helped address everything, including my menstrual issues. Some of my menstrual issues were linked to my deficiencies, like my irregular periods and excruciating cramping on my heavy days, and those got resolved fixing my diet and filling in the nutritional gaps. My periods are regular and I don't get excruciating abdominal cramping anymore. But it didn't solve the problem of PMDD as I still struggle with the anxiety, racing thoughts, headaches, breast swelling (hey they look nice, but jesus they hurt! :LOL: 😭), and the anger and grumpiness. Which is why I'm seeking medication finally. I've always been kind of sensitive to medications so I'm a little scared about taking an SSRI given all the possible side effects that could occur.

Took my first dose this morning about an hour ago. So far I have a slight headache coming on and feel a little drowsy, but I've also been fairly tired this week because of Mr. Phoenixx's schedule change and I've been busy. Hope this is all I get from taking it.

Don't mind you asking at all. Here they are:

• I get really irritable, like the slightest thing will annoy me, things I'm normally able to shake off.
  • I get much more anxious and my mind starts racing. I can't relax and feel the need to constantly be productive or useful in some way.
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Feeling overwhelmed and close to tears for things that I don't normally do
  • Lacking energy
I might be missing some even. But yeah, an ordeal for sure. It's definitely worth trying to get help. I wanted to try supplements first because like you I'm a bit worried about side effects when it comes to psychopharmaceuticals. The supplements I'm taking are called Woho by Elexir Pharma but I think they are only available in Sweden for now. I'm sure there must be similar ones elsewhere though.

Phoenixx

Don't mind you asking at all. Here they are:

• I get really irritable, like the slightest thing will annoy me, things I'm normally able to shake off.
  • I get much more anxious and my mind starts racing. I can't relax and feel the need to constantly be productive or useful in some way.
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Feeling overwhelmed and close to tears for things that I don't normally do
  • Lacking energy
I might be missing some even. But yeah, an ordeal for sure. It's definitely worth trying to get help. I wanted to try supplements first because like you I'm a bit worried about side effects when it comes to psychopharmaceuticals. The supplements I'm taking are called Woho by Elexir Pharma but I think they are only available in Sweden for now. I'm sure there must be similar ones elsewhere though.
Those are all my symptoms too, especially the restlessness. I'm glad you found supplements that help you. I did take a look at them -- thank you Google translate lol -- and yes, I believe we have similar ones here too. I have looked into other supplements in the past for this, but never jumped on them to try because supplementation can be really expensive depending on what you're buying.

Phoenixx

The weekend went pretty well, although it flew by. I'm gong to try to enjoy my last day off at home today the best I can, even though I do have to go to the store to pick up weekly groceries.

Yesterday was Mr. Phoenixx's birthday and we had a get-together here with his family -- about 14 people total. I was surprised his sister came, but I was glad because I at least got to see all the boys. I may not like his sister, but I do love the kids. They're goofy and adorable, fun to watch, and I don't get to see them very often.

His grandma, his mom, and his uncle talked to me for a little bit yesterday. More his grandma than anyone else. I'm becoming more okay with this with every gathering now. At least I know her conversations and feelings are genuine. The friendliness from his father was just a facade for a few years I guess. I just still find it pretty astonishing from someone who bitches about people not being nice is now one of the most ignorant men I know. Still doesn't say hi to me, even at my own house, only thanked my husband for the food yesterday even though I did 75% of the work. I'm trying to not let it get to me. Sad little boys act like that. Not men. I just wish my husband would say something, but he won't. Confrontations don't exist in his family. Just passive-aggressiveness in the form of fake kindness.

Despite that, anxiety-wise it wasn't too bad. I was expecting to be a bit of a mess, even with the Prozac, but I was pretty okay. I'm finding myself not being too bothered by things that normally bother me in the moment. But the feeling is still there, but like a whisper in the back of my mind. If that makes sense.

Everyone left after a few hours, but his brother stuck around with our oldest nephew. We recently discovered a nature preserve only 5 mins from our house that we didn't know was there, so we actually took a nice evening walk through there along with Willow, where we all got bit up to hell by all the mosquitoes lol. It was a cool place though, and a cool little secret that I don't know if even many of the locals know about. Once we got back Mr. Phoenixx helped his brother work on his truck while the nephew and I went inside and played on the Switch because his world is all about video games at the moment lol. He actually picked out Pokemon Quest on his own and I was teaching him how to play that. I was surprised he liked that so well. Maybe he'll turn into a Pokemon Nerd like me. :) And if he does, I won't be sorry for teaching him everything I know. 😁😄 I did try to get him to do other things besides sit on a game the rest of the night, but that's really all he wanted to do. That or watch Minecraft videos on his dad's phone. At this point I was too tired to even pull him away from a screen, so I gave up and just watched a movie by myself. I was relieved once they left. I don't know how people parent, I really don't. After just watching and kind of playing with 4 kids all day I was exhausted. Hell, even Willow was exhausted and that's not easy to do as she's always full of boundless energy. She's a good babysitter haha. She watched all those kids yesterday, followed them everywhere, and played with them the whole day. Just further confirmation of me not wanting kids.

Side Note: Day 3 of Prozac. It's been working fairly well so far. Like I mentioned, the feelings of anxiety or irritability are still there, but moreso like a whisper at the back of my head. My thoughts are becoming more stable and quiet. I do feel the medication completely wore off by 5am the next morning though, as that's when I'm still waking up with racing thoughts and a headache. I've been waking up with headaches since starting it, but they're not too excruciating. Just annoying. The headaches come and go and last about an hour or two before I take my next dose, then they go away. This morning I have a little bit of nausea, but we'll see how long that lasts. So far those are the only things I'm experiencing as far as side effects go.