Lets post our small victories

coyote

This morning, I managed to get through 4 phones calls lasting 3 hours total with different tech support people from 3 different agencies to sort out transferring my company's e-mail service.

I stayed focused on getting it done rather than getting anxious and putting it off another hour or another day.

EscapeArtist

I feel like I finally, finally, understand that nobody is superior or inferior to me, and nor am I to anybody else. I FINALLY can see that there is no way to be, we are all improvising. Thank goodness for this...

I had a very good session with my therapist, and I didn't feel that nervous. When I had to use the washroom in a coffee shop, asking whether the bathroom needed a key didn't spike a SINGLE thought of anxiety... I felt unusually comfortable in public today..

tweetebird

I feel like I finally, finally, understand that nobody is superior or inferior to me, and nor am I to anybody else. I FINALLY can see that there is no way to be, we are all improvising. Thank goodness for this...

I had a very good session with my therapist, and I didn't feel that nervous. When I had to use the washroom in a coffee shop, asking whether the bathroom needed a key didn't spike a SINGLE thought of anxiety... I felt unusually comfortable in public today..

This is awesome! I think these light bulb moments, where we have a change in a foundational thought, can really catapult our progress. I have had a couple of those myself :)

EscapeArtist

This is awesome! I think these light bulb moments, where we have a change in a foundational thought, can really catapult our progress. I have had a couple of those myself :)

I agree :) I think these are the most important moments on the road to recovery

EscapeArtist

I signed up for a hiking group and am going on a hike on Saturday if I can find somebody to carpool with, and if it doesn't rain. -PRAYS IT DOES NOT RAIN-

I'm terrified :D

Paahi

Had an oral presentation at school today! I was thinking about skipping the whole day but I heard we were going to give the talk in small groups so I made myself go there. It was just me, three other students and the teacher. I was so nervous, heart pounding, hands sweating and face blushing. I pretty much read it aloud from my paper but at least I did it!
Just thinking about it now makes me all shaky!

Feathers

I signed up for a hiking group and am going on a hike on Saturday if I can find somebody to carpool with, and if it doesn't rain. -PRAYS IT DOES NOT RAIN-

I'm terrified :D

YAY EscapeArtist! I'm so happy for you!! :D

I'm going hiking with my cousin tomorrow too.. I'd love to have a local hiking group! :) (Of people around my speed, not too fast and not too slow, lol!)

Do tell how it goes!

Called someone important today, actually made a bunch of phone calls, YAY!! :) Did some good work.
Met some cool people and talked to them too.. (Wish I called before, they were happy I called! )

^Nice :)

I'm beginning to feel more comfortable around people. But this also depends on the ammount of anxiety that I'm experiencing at the moment, my energy levels, and my confidence. Still, all in all, I can say my SA just got a tiny bit better :).

Acegame

I wrote an application letter today. Was really avoiding it for the last couple a days, because im scared to start working :) Now it feels good i did it, but that might change when i get a call for a job interview :D

MaliceInWickedland

For the first time in God knows how long, I actually stepped out of my house to meet up with friends at a newly opened restaurant. It was pretty crowded and my anxiety gave me a few powerful kicks in the butt at first but I eventually eased up and actually had a great time. I consider that to be a victory =)

For the first time in God knows how long, I actually stepped out of my house to meet up with friends at a newly opened restaurant. It was pretty crowded and my anxiety gave me a few powerful kicks in the butt at first but I eventually eased up and actually had a great time. I consider that to be a victory =)

It sure is.

Went to another steel plant on Thursday last week. Replaced original tech. Had to walk around and introduce myself. Walked in, didn't think what could happen. All said and done, people are all nice there.
--> Déjà vu, I write this anywhere else?

i took my brother from school, waited on a school yard full of people. And talked to the teacher of my brother. !!!! ::eek::

I wrote an application letter today. Was really avoiding it for the last couple a days, because im scared to start working :) Now it feels good i did it, but that might change when i get a call for a job interview :D

I know this feeling, its like climbing a ladder. Each step is scary to take but a relief once you're there.

EscapeArtist

I just spent three hours on a computer doing homework without stopping by SPW. Go self-control! (and I'm almost done too :rolleyes:)

Hahah I know the feeling! I can't do homework on the computer. Wish I had a laptop so that I could ban this site on it, use it as a work-top.

I went out and picked up garbage on the side of the highway and at a park. Intimidating! But I just kept telling myself "What the hell kind of bad things could they say about a teenager picking up garbage anyways?" Well, they could think I'm doing community service and think I'm a bad egg or something.. but that's their problem. Think I'll make this a new hobby