Lets post our small victories

lunaticbinge

I will use the force. And if I am strong enough you will have a job.
force-unleashed-8.jpg

I played a demo of the sequel today. Pretty sweet

EscapeArtist

Went on a run this morning, which is rare! :) (well, on the treadmill) and without an ipod, or a clock. Listening to the body. :) Peace

Social-E-Aukward

Congrats on your run, EscapeArtist! I've been meaning to get some exercise, but haven't been as successful as you today. :)

I talked to my ex just now, not for too long, but she was able to get a couple things off her chest. I mostly just listened to what she wanted to say and when she said she needed to go, I simply said "Okay, hope your weekend goes well. I'll talk to her later." I think my actions were an improvement from crying, yelling, or doing something else silly.

It interesting to note that when I listen to her instead of my paranoid thoughts, I can see how deeply she really cares about me. I hurt hearing a lot of what she had to say, but now that I've had time to reflect on it, it kinda makes me happy. I'm really glad she's doing alright, and it's nice to know she thinks about me a lot too. Maybe things will get better, and that would make both of us incredibly happy, but if not, they aren't so bad, after all.

Life's still worth living.

Last edited:

Bustn Justin

I have been able to order tix for an NYE event from a complete stranger. The only person I know at the event is one of the DJs. So at least everyone is drunk so if I do something dumb nobody will remeber.

lex321

a guy that i suspect is interested in me called me on my phone today...when i saw who it was i let it go to voicemail. but then i gave it a couple hours after having listened to the voicemail and decided to give him a call back.

(minor segue - i'm in my 2nd week of the overcoming social anxiety audio series)

i decided to try out one of the techniques called 'slow talk' during the call to ease up the anxiety i was feeling. we ended up talking for over ten minutes, huzzah! and it felt virtually natural, plus he was easy to talk to. ::eek::

Went to a bar. It was amazing. An Irish accented man volunteered to assist me back to my table. Crutches and cast make for easy conversation starters.

Pleasant atmosphere. I definite return trip is in the future.

Biggest victory: Steep steps to the wash-rooms but I made it.

Kristina223

On Friday I went for a drink with 3 of my schoolmates. They're all best friends, and they are very, very smart ... and they invited me to go. Of course I was happy and my "small victory" is that I went. It didn't go all that well, because I didn't have much to say, so I don't think they'll invite me again. ::(:

On Friday I went for a drink with 3 of my schoolmates. They're all best friends, and they are very, very smart ... and they invited me to go. Of course I was happy and my "small victory" is that I went. It didn't go all that well, because I didn't have much to say, so I don't think they'll invite me again. ::(:

Don't assume that :], quiet people are likeable, too. Talky people like someone who listens - good on you for going!

Made a city trip this week, traveled 4 hours by train. The train was crowdy for real, I had to cry in public, just a few tears I've shet. But I just kept going :).
It was hard but I did it!! ::eek:: Went going shopping and eating in a restaurant full of people looking at me. Even had fun with the ober, LOL! I'm happy!!! :)
Awesome week!

Made a city trip this week, traveled 4 hours by train. The train was crowdy for real, I had to cry in public, just a few tears I've shet. But I just kept going :).
It was hard but I did it!! ::eek:: Went going shopping and eating in a restaurant full of people looking at me. Even had fun with the ober, LOL! I'm happy!!! :)
Awesome week!

This doesn't sound like a small victory. Sounds pretty significant to me. Possibly a major victory?

But, what do I know? We're all different.

Well done. Think you can do it again?

Awesome week!

^ yes, as Sial suggests, do again and again until you forget that it ever was a problem. Good stuff :)

Lol sorry, I didn't read ''Small'' Victory. I thought every victory I could write down LOL. but yeah it's a major victory, not small, small is like something easy but a lil diff ::eek:: But anyways, It was very hard but still I will do it again and again!:) till it's SMALL for REAL ;)

Sinar_Matahari

I was able to push past my nervousness/insecurity due to lack of knowledge at work and do my job, made an effort to be more social and joke about with my new co-workers. I managed to not become nervous or upset by customers who weren't pleasant. That and I was praised by a customer for having done a good job. :) Those are my little victories for the day. I know not every day will be a good day, but that's just how things are.

R3X

i managed to smile whenever there's a girl i fancy now....usually i'll act all nervous / disinterested....i guess that's my small victory...

Sleep. Actually this consistent sleep thing is catching on. Real easy to get the system on track, like clockwork.

I feel a bit random: want, wanting, found to the unsound, unknown still seeking to see. Victory!

Marund

while the following sounds like bragging or whatever, TRUST ME it was very awkward for me i look back and cringe -- i had to make so many mistakes and learn not to care about them. when you make a lot of mistakes its just ... f/uck! humiliating. most importantly i've learned to stop dwelling on past mistakes

i came to san francisco and got away from my old town
i lived with 18 different people (not counting the ppl i stayed with at the hostel for a while)
i am becoming comfortable being quiet with someone around at home
i am getting good at communicating with all the people i collaborate with (about business only; and being proffessional.) i am producing some little shots in a collaborative class~with a lot of people who are really outgoing and social who really rather intimidate me. basically i take notes and coordinate all the shots. i have learned to share the project with everyone, and be a team player.

my only problem is i still have a hard time connecting. im afraid of showing my corny stupid side or of being whiny, revealing too much about myself, coming off too smart--- i mean i cant start spewing about how much i love the japanese kofun periodat any old point in time) --- so i tend to say flat boring things as a result. honestly i am bored with people and i tend to keep it all in sometimes. but this is a big improvement from what i used to be~!!! i never spoke at all and had ZERO social skills. O_O

also someone on this site helped me realize that yes, i AM bored with people because i want a deep interesting conversation. this i am going to work around. i am going to figure out how to have entertaining conversations that aren't too smart~ that are funny. god i hope. maybe i can find a book?

welp i am staring at my blind spots a lot more lately; soo while all that sounds bad its actually good because instead of being oblivious/pretending they aren't there i stare them in the face and am in the process of learning to censor myself etc. its very bittersweet.

i just have to find the balance between expressing myself and not doing it to much. this is confusing.

also over-analyzing has stopped a bit. im on meds which are putting me in a better mood now~ i don't have crippling lows which hold me back. this is the best thing of all!! because i have been on so many different meds and i finally found one that works for me. :D

/too much information
sorry

Last edited: