Lets post our small victories

I have called a cafetaria to order some food. My family laughed alot (in a positive way) because I was saying funny things (Because of nervousness)

I was like..

''Hey, its saskia'' , ''Hello cafetaria ..... here, can i help you"?''
''Till how late are you guys open?'' ''Till 10:30'' PM ''OKay, i will come visit you guys later'' , ''Ok see you then'' ''Okay bye, see you later''
I forgot to order food because of my nervousness haha

My family was like.. Lol, you havent ordered food and you talk like your talking to a friend.. XD

So I called again and ordered some food.

So yeah a little small victory ;)

and also i drived through the city today with sooo many people around
i was sitting in a car.. And you know what i imagined? that ALL the people around me were from SPW. They accepted me the way i was.
and i felt SAFE for a moment!! gosh what a beautiful feeling
this place is just helping me through this fight

thank you social phobia world, all the people out here <3

X Flowergirlie

Kato

Hahah I know the feeling! I can't do homework on the computer. Wish I had a laptop so that I could ban this site on it, use it as a work-top.

I went out and picked up garbage on the side of the highway and at a park. Intimidating! But I just kept telling myself "What the hell kind of bad things could they say about a teenager picking up garbage anyways?" Well, they could think I'm doing community service and think I'm a bad egg or something.. but that's their problem. Think I'll make this a new hobby

I have seen several people cleaning like this here. I think a few are in some group together. I always admire them. Especially when they do the beach clean up.

I could not be seen out in the open like that. I would feel the heavy stare of all the eyes as they pass by and think what a worthless person they see. This is how I am thinking more and more this year. I cant seem to stop thinking this way easily.I cannot drink to escape it so I feel it much more painfully. I am probably going to break down at some point.
This year has become way too stressful.

I admire what you are doing.

Hahah I know the feeling! I can't do homework on the computer. Wish I had a laptop so that I could ban this site on it, use it as a work-top.

I went out and picked up garbage on the side of the highway and at a park. Intimidating! But I just kept telling myself "What the hell kind of bad things could they say about a teenager picking up garbage anyways?" Well, they could think I'm doing community service and think I'm a bad egg or something.. but that's their problem. Think I'll make this a new hobby

Seriously, keep an eye out for lost money if you're doing this!!!

EscapeArtist

Saskia you're awesome! I could never call a place twice in a row.

Kato I know what you mean. A few months ago it would be something I could nevvver have done... Especially because it was by a huge stoplight and 80% of the time there were hundreds of people just sitting at the light, with nothing to do probably except watch me pick up garbage. But I'm tellin' ya, It gets better. It gets much better. There were times I thought I would never get out of it but that's a completely false thought. Try all sorts of things because one or another is going to help you. I would mention gluten again but I don't want to be a nuisance, at the same time it's hard not to!

Phocas, I never thought about that! The enthusiasm makes it sound like you have some past experience with finding random sums of money?

Phocas, I never thought about that! The enthusiasm makes it sound like you have some past experience with finding random sums of money?

Absolutely! - its my main motivation for walking or riding around on weekend mornings, I will usually find a few dollars, its there once you realise and look. Its not about the money, though, its the same sort of experience as finding stuff in a computer game. I think I just like finding. I like secondhand shops and garage/yard sales, church fairs etc for what I can discover. I'll backspace and stop here as it was turning into a rant and I dont want to do that at the moment:p

coyote

you should get an orange jumpsuit, make people talk

Looking_in105

You bet. Its like WWI one out there. Trench warfare.
Hats off to these guys:
springwar0705.jpg

LOL! too true! it does feel like that at times...

WiSe

Ok so this is my small vitory that i wrote out in "thank you letter" form. somewhat funny but actually true and it happened about 4 days ago. lol

So there I was, rushing to get ready for work on an empty stomach. I have been craving McDonalds breakfast for weeks and I knew a sausage egg and cheese McGriddle would hit the spot perfectly. Problem was, I had to be at work in 15 minutes and that is exactly how long the drive was. I was bummed out. That is, until you came along. You were a middle aged woman driving a big lifted silver Dodge truck and like myself, You had somewhere to be. You proved to me that I should chase my McGriddle dreams and that anything is possible as you parted traffic with your war machine as Moses did the Red Sea. Traffic lights were a mere suggestion to you as you ran every light that was turning red. Those lights wanted to keep me from my heavenly breakfast. You would not let them. I putted my dirty buick past the watchful traffic cameras behind the shield of disguise provided by your oversized 4X4. We made remarkable time as you cleared a path, throwing blocks for me as a veteran offensive lineman would have done for a running back in the final comeback drive of our most memorable super bowl bouts. You were determined not too be late and that type of contagious thinking was catching onto me as well. It is as if knew where I needed to be as you suddenly slowed just as I reached the McDonalds closest to my work. I had made it. All thanks to you Silver Dodge. Knowing it is only right to bask in this moment of glory, I order not one but two (yes, two) sausage, egg and cheese mcgriddles. One for me. and one to us and our moment of victory. They tasted like true love's first kiss and I owe it all you. You put the fuel in my tank to allow me to have a great day and all I could think about was spreading word of my adventure to all my fellow misfits and outcasts at EightySixed.com and Socialphobiaworld.com. They should be eager to salute you for your act of kindness onto one of thier own. Thank you!

forever in your debt, .
- Dirty Buick.

Last edited:
Ok so this is my small vitory that i wrote out in "thank you letter" form. somewhat funny but actually true and it happened about 4 days ago. lol

So there I was, rushing to get ready for work on an empty stomach. I have been craving McDonalds breakfast for weeks and I knew a sausage egg and cheese McGriddle would hit the spot perfectly. Problem was, I had to be at work in 15 minutes and that is exactly how long the drive was. I was bummed out. That is, until you came along. You were a middle aged woman driving a big lifted silver Dodge truck and like myself, You had somewhere to be. You proved to me that I should chase my McGriddle dreams and that anything is possible as you parted traffic with your war machine as Moses did the Red Sea. Traffic lights were a mere suggestion to you as you ran every light that was turning red. Those lights wanted to keep me from my heavenly breakfast. You would not let them. I putted my dirty buick past the watchful traffic cameras behind the shield of disguise provided by your oversized 4X4. We made remarkable time as you cleared a path, throwing blocks for me as a veteran offensive lineman would have done for a running back in the final comeback drive of our most memorable super bowl bouts. You were determined not too be late and that type of contagious thinking was catching onto me as well. It is as if knew where I needed to be as you suddenly slowed just as I reached the McDonalds closest to my work. I had made it. All thanks to you Silver Dodge. Knowing it is only right to bask in this moment of glory, I order not one but two (yes, two) sausage, egg and cheese mcgriddles. One for me. and one to us and our moment of victory. They tasted like true love's first kiss and I owe it all you. You put the fuel in my tank to allow me to have a great day and all I could think about was spreading word of my adventure to all my fellow misfits and outcasts at EightySixed.com and Socialphobiaworld.com. They should be eager to salute you for your act of kindness onto one of thier own. Thank you!

forever in your debt, .
- Dirty Buick.

Victory. Victorious. Done. Well done.
I especially like the sound of the silver Dodge truck.
Drive a Magnum, really would appreciate a 3500.

Last edited:

petrified eyes

I went to see a medical doctor today for first time in four years. I had major anxiety last night and this morning, nausea, trembling, etc., but I forced myself to go. I had major anxiety in the waiting room, but I forced myself to stay, did some deep breathing. Finally saw the doctor, he was very nice, very friendly and I actually made eye contact. :D:D:D

lunaticbinge

I might have a job for the first time in a year. Emphasis on the might, though. Freaking myself out even though I don't know if I have it yet.

I went to see a medical doctor today for first time in four years. I had major anxiety last night and this morning, nausea, trembling, etc., but I forced myself to go. I had major anxiety in the waiting room, but I forced myself to stay, did some deep breathing. Finally saw the doctor, he was very nice, very friendly and I actually made eye contact. :D:D:D

I've got a gold star around here somewhere:
goldstar.png

Ha, there you go.

Seriously, glad to hear it came out alright.