Let's make a list all the reasons why people without SA should be jealous of us.

EscapeArtist

We seem to be very environmentally sensitive... Which can be highly beneficial, in sensing threats. In what situation I am referring to, I am unsure.

KiaKaha

Banned
We are able to truly understand what it feels like to live without something that everyone else takes for granted and don't even think about.

I couldnt agree more.

Not having anyone in your life means you wont be disappointed, let down, betrayed, confused or hurt by others... you dont have the chance to mistakenly hurt others either..

Kiwong

I couldnt agree more.

Not having anyone in your life means you wont be disappointed, let down, betrayed, confused or hurt by others... you dont have the chance to mistakenly hurt others either..

I don't have anyone in my life, but I have been disappointed, put down, taken advantage of, made fun of, called names, confused and hurt by others who hardly know me most of this year. My anxiety can also upset other I hardly know. That is the nature of my social anxiety.

Silentknight

We are able to truly understand what it feels like to live without something that everyone else takes for granted and don't even think about.

I find that this helps me empathise with others who have been deprived in some way (e.g. extreme poverty / physical disability); things that the rest of society might not truly understand because they take so many things for granted.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

And we also learn to appreciate the very little things in social situations that usually are the most beautiful yet most overlooked actions people take for granted (like a hug, or the simple act of holding another's hand) to us with SA can mean the WORLD while to others means very little or nothing at all.

AGR

Well I have time,dont have to pay child support,dont have friends stabbing me in the back,dont need to take care of others people child,most of my superiors trust me and like me because I dont cause trouble.

JamesSmith

Yes! Yes! Yes!

And we also learn to appreciate the very little things in social situations that usually are the most beautiful yet most overlooked actions people take for granted (like a hug, or the simple act of holding another's hand) to us with SA can mean the WORLD while to others means very little or nothing at all.

Actually, these people appreciate getting hugs and they get hugs way more than we do so they feel more loved than we do. I don't agree with all this talk about how non SA people don't appreciate things very much.

Feathers

A deeper sense of appreciation when our goals are reached. I know I have.

yup, I totally agree with this.. it depends on the goals a bit too..
It can also make us appreciate friends more and actually be better friends and get along better with people.. Though this can again be different in different cases, and non-SA people can be great friends too..

I've lost voice in the past, so I don't think this applies to everyone :)

Also think that people with and without SA are different and many things can be somewhat unique to the situation or individual people..

Sinar_Matahari

Although we may be socially inept at times, we know better than to ask strangers invasive questions when we're at the bar. Also, we don't say idiotic things to people as we walk past them on the street.

Although we may be socially inept at times, we know better than to ask strangers invasive questions when we're at the bar. Also, we don't say idiotic things to people as we walk past them on the street.

^That is good.

I was going to conjure up a thought worthy of time. I am finding it difficult. Many here have already said something worth quoting.

I will say this: those without SA they cannot match, once our trust is earned, our loyalty.

punklove

Were not superficial :) I (well most of us lol) We actually value things that are truly important because we know what it's like to live without them... if that makes sense lol.

JamesSmith

I noticed my friends hang out with each other all of the time, and they have arguments and drama. Someone gets mad, they say something, the other person gets mad. That's a burden we don't have to deal with often, or ever for some of us.

luck254

I noticed my friends hang out with each other all of the time, and they have arguments and drama. Someone gets mad, they say something, the other person gets mad. That's a burden we don't have to deal with often, or ever for some of us.
that's exactly what i think of going out very often you have to deal with issues among your own group and this goes without mention that some friends stab you in the back when you don't even expect