Kissing

emre43

I have mentioned this before on other threads but I am 22 years old and have never had a girlfriend. I have been seeing a counsellor and she has helped me and I feel capable of finding a girlfriend now. However, I am incredibly anxious about kissing. I am more anxious about kissing than I am sex because obviously you are expected to have your first kiss before sex and I have had neither. I need help to relax for when this situation comes around. Any ideas/techniques?

Well if your therapist is a female just ask her for a little practice. Just kidding! I've only done it once or twice but when the moment is right it just seems to happen. It's probably best not to overthink it.

Hoppy

First get the girl. Get to like her, get her to like you and then kiss.

Technique get better with practice. Don't eat garlic before.

WeirdyMcGee

There's not much you can do aside from practice and that will come naturally.

I have been told that some people are very good kissers naturally-- on the other hand; some have had years of practice and are still terrible at it.

It's probably best to just not worry about it and be attentive and learn when you have the chance to give it a go firsthand.
First one will always be awkward. Probably the second and third and fourth will, too-- but if you like the person you are kissing, the awkwardness won't really matter at all.

Thelema

It'll happen when it feels right. If both of you are at the point of kissing it won't really matter how good or bad it is.

Waybuloo

I tend to think that if someone is good at dancing or sports, something that involves the body, then they will be good at kissing too.

KiaKaha

Banned
I didnt have my first kiss till I had sex either - dont stress too much about it. It will come naturally - just be gentle and soft, respect her boundries - and respond to how she is kissing you.... I am sure you will get it right when it comes to the time... most people like kissing..

MikeyC

No need to worry, emre. I'm not a great kisser but girls have enjoyed kissing me in the past. I don't get enough practice with it, though.

persianfan247

I am curious what constitutes a good kiss? I have no idea for obvious reasons and I can imagine that it invovles not doing it awkwardly, but beyond that I have no idea. Oh and sticking your tongue in someone elses mouth.

Last edited:
No idea what a bad kiss is. They've all felt good.

One example of a bad kiss is feeling like the other person's tongue is a propeller, twirling around in circles (personal experience). And then he had the nerve later on to say *I* was the bad kisser :rolleyes:

Thelema

One example of a bad kiss is feeling like the other person's tongue is a propeller, twirling around in circles (personal experience). And then he had the nerve later on to say *I* was the bad kisser :rolleyes:

I just imagine I'm fighting a duel with swords :cool:

Having never kissed a woman (except for one crazy drunken post-wedding episode, which involved a young woman & another guy, so doesnt really count) ..... just wondering is the purpose of the kiss (lips-to-lips), the same as eg kissing neck? (ie is another erogenous zone, and so therefore serves to help "prime" both parties in readiness for the act of procreation, or sexual-intercourse)???
Or is it a pleasurable thing to do?? Does it invoke some postive feelings???
I really am completely clueless about all this malarchy, and for some reason i am slightly curious about this "wierd phenomenom of kissing"
(mind you, i'm coming up to 40, so have left learning about this "a bit late in the day" hehe)
(& funny thing, i HAVE had sex with women (paid), but just haven't yet KISSED a woman, lol)

Last edited:

coyote

kissing is more an art than science

better to thrust your feelings than your thoughts

it's more about letting go than grabbing ahold